DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the Jury Foreman announced today?

TIA... :seeya:

????

:waitasec: They don't announce who the jury foreman is.

The first thing the jurors do after they get the case is pick a foreman, but it is not announced who it is.

Yeah i know what you mean. I think even if the jurors said they could do it, when it comes down to actually deciding on it, they probably have 2nd thoughts. People really need to be darn sure they could give out the sentence before saying they could do it during jury selection. I am afraid people dont think it though during jury selection.

I am not sure how I would respond during jury selection. I would have to give it some serious thought before I accepted being on a jury like this.

Yep. On one hand she truly deserves to sit in a hole the rest of her life and think of what she did to Travis. But it's not just the jurors and judges signing that judgment, someone has to mix the chemicals and put them in her arm. That has to be tough!

I just want that perfect world I guess.

Yeah i know what you mean. I think even if the jurors said they could do it, when it comes down to actually deciding on it, they probably have 2nd thoughts. People really need to be darn sure they could give out the sentence before saying they could do it during jury selection. I am afraid people dont think it though during jury selection.

I am not sure how I would respond during jury selection. I would have to give it some serious thought before I accepted being on a jury like this.

It's called DP certified jury (I'm pretty sure). If they say they can't/don't know they are NOT allowed on the jury. Each of them has already said they WOULD give the death penalty if it fits the crime, not might, but would. Only way to ensure someone doesn't have a bias to the DP from the get-go.

Bye-bye Jodi:jail:

Jury has it. They will resume deliverations Monday at 9 AM.

Numi went and failed epicly. He basically went with the crime of passion defense. He threw in the sex again. It was pathetic.

Juan then came on and explained how the jury can only really decide guilty based on the evidence of her lying all the time.

Juan was good again, but have to say he was better yesterday.

Looking back on JA's testimony and today's closing argument, I believe it is possible Nurmi didn't really know what JA would say and after she left the witness stand he had no choice but to shift to the crime of passion. I also believe the self-defense came from JA herself and she insisted on testifying. He wanted off the case early on. He also would know he wouldn't be able to sell self-defense to anyone.

MOO

MOO

I'm really surprised at the comments re the jury not wanting to deliberate any more tonight. They've had a long week, no doubt want to gather their thoughts personally first of the last few days and come back fresh on Monday. It's easy for us to listen to the trial because we are chosing to do it, we laugh, we talk, we go off and do something else and then come back. They're probably exhausted. They are also taking this work seriously. For them being a juror must be like work and knowing they wouldn't have much time to deliberate today anyhow even if they had started, I completely understand why they are waiting til Friday.

Pages behind here but I want to say that I totally agree with this. I imagine that, once they had a chance to FINALLY talk to each other about their shared experience of the last 4 months, they would feel relief. THEN they'd be ready to go home, rest, and be fresh to deliberate on Monday.

Goodnight everyone. Have a restful and safe weekend! :)
Glad this trial is over!

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias 7m
Group Prayer scheduled this Sunday,6p.m. PST. Go to "JodiAriasfriendsand family" Facebook group for details. Thank you and God bless.

I'm probably a bit evil for this tweet BUT.......here's what I honored her account with "joypath‏@joyofpathology15m
@Jodiannarias SO GLAD you all are going to pray for the jury's decision:Murder 1, D.P. Justice for TRAVIS"

when a lemon presents itself, make LEMONADE! :floorlaugh:

Wow seriously can't believe Nurmi said TA had a punchin' bag outside his office for when JA wasn't there..

Just WOW.. HOW LOW?

Jodi wouldn't know what it was like to be battered SHE WAS THE ABUSER!!

I know I keep popping in and out of here. But I promise, last time before I'm off to :bedtime: I just wanted to say...

Although we were told not to, we've been 'not talking so nicely' about the defense team.
I think they actually did a decent job, considering what they had to work with.
So "here's to you" JW & KN. Well Done. Kinda.

While I respect the gravity of the jurors decision should they find Jodi guilty I still absolutely believe the people who should determine Ms. Arias fate are those who lost the most, those who are going to be reminded every single day for the rest of their lives what was stolen from them - all those friends and family who so loved him.

They've been adamant in wanting the Ultimate Justice for her. I sincerely hope the jury reaches such a conclusion - not for Jodi, but for them. That would be justice in my opinion, regardless of any personal stance on the death penalty.

MOO

I wouldn't be surprised if they took a quick vote, just to see how close/far they are from each other. Guess we'll have to wait for the book(s) to come out.

It's called DP certified jury (I'm pretty sure). If they say they can't/don't know they are NOT allowed on the jury. Each of them has already said they WOULD give the death penalty if it fits the crime, not might, but would. Only way to ensure someone doesn't have a bias to the DP from the get-go.

Bye-bye Jodi:jail:

BBM

Well unless they are part of the Pinellas 12 jury. :rolleyes:

Pages behind here but I want to say that I totally agree with this. I imagine that, once they had a chance to FINALLY talk to each other about their shared experience of the last 4 months, they would feel relief. THEN they'd be ready to go home, rest, and be fresh to deliberate on Monday.

And to piggy back on yours & Gaunlet posts..

I'm still hoping Kermit Gosnell verdict comes in BEFORE JAs because I don't want that story to be buried in media coverage anymore than it is already!!

JMO

KN says Jodi could have stolen the gun without staging the break in and no one would have known. She could have taken a bigger gun why not?

Answer--when Travis' friends point the finger at her, and the police come to Yreka, they will search the house and ask the grandparents about the guns in the house. The grandparents will say they own a .25 gun. The police will ask--"where is it?" The grandparents will shrug, "I don't know. it's missing." So what is your point, KN?

As for a bigger gun, we know why she didn't take a bigger gun. You think she could sneak a rifle or shotgun passed Travis?

Jodi could have borrowed a gun from MM? Well, let's just say MM ain't got time for a gun to be traced back to him. I'm sure he probably said that--if she'd even trusted him enough to ask him for a gun for a murder.

He claims her brother and his wife are witnesses in Redding. True. But were they witnesses in this trial? Duh, Nurmi! Did we hear from ANYONE in Jodi's family? No, Nurmi and you know why.

If I were one of the jurors the first thing I would do is throw out a few things. Id throw out anything that came from Jodi's lips if its not verified elsewhere since I saw how good she can lie from the witness stand. Id throw out law of attraction and Mormon religion since I dont see what that had to do with any of it. Then I would look at what's left.

After Casey Anthony, I am prepared.

I am protecting myself by preparing for the worst.

My 20 yr old DD called me just after Verdict Watch began. She 'counseled' me and said remember what happened last time, I just don't want you to be too upset.

I told her she sounded like I used to sound when I warned her about getting her heartbroken by boys. :heartbeat: I guess I must be getting old, the tables have turned. :baby:

I'm probably a bit evil for this tweet BUT.......here's what I honored her account with "joypath‏@joyofpathology15m
@Jodiannarias SO GLAD you all are going to pray for the jury's decision:Murder 1, D.P. Justice for TRAVIS"

when a lemon presents itself, make LEMONADE! :floorlaugh:

No more evil than me sitting over here day dreaming about hearing:
"we the jury, in the above matter...........find the defendant GUILTY of murder in the first degree...."

And seeing my self saying: "That is so debasing - I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member