Verdict Watch 05/03/2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok where is this excused as alternates coming from?

or do we mean they were excused TO BE alternates??

People are coming home from work, seeing the posts about some jurors being
'off the case' and are thinking they were excused.

Notice how Jodi didn't have ONE friend or family who would/could testify for her?? Not one??

Why wouldn't MM testify on her behave? Perhaps his involvement in the coded jail messages?

Sad, telling and completely understandable.
:jail::facepalm::facepalm::jail::jail::stormingmad::stormingmad:

Good catch...she is effed when the jury wants that testimony read back.

Oh, she is already "effed" in so many ways. I wouldn't even need to read the testimony back, any of it, if I was one of the jurors. Waste of time.

Forgive my poor English :blushing:

In my mind they are now separated from the main 12 and not party to their deliberation.
Or do they have a video link? That would be cool.

Getting late here :offtobed:

They have no part in deliberations. If, for some reason, one that is deliberating is excused, then that person is replace by an alternate and the deliberations MUST start over for the benefit of the "newcomer".

This deserves a bump or two, or three! :seeya:

Oh Thank you! I lit one so now I think we are up to 113. Not sure how to do it but could you post this for KCL? Would love for the family to see this and some of the kind and healing things posted there.

They have no part in deliberations. If, for some reason, one that is deliberating is excused, then that person is replace by an alternate and the deliberations MUST start over for the benefit of the "newcomer".

My understanding is that they are there throughout deliberations but that they do not participate. If any of the jurors are dismissed, they step in. Is that not the case?

Woohooo I successfulky tweeted! I responded to Jodi's tweet about a day of prayer. "I will be join ing tbe Alexander family for a day of fasting prayer on Sunday. I suggest you start praying for forgiveness"
I have had the account for a couple of year so I could read things, but never really tweeted before

Originally Posted by BritsKate
While I respect the gravity of the jurors decision should they find Jodi guilty I still absolutely believe the people who should determine Ms. Arias fate are those who lost the most, those who are going to be reminded every single day for the rest of their lives what was stolen from them - all those friends and family who so loved him.

They've been adamant in wanting the Ultimate Justice for her. I sincerely hope the jury reaches such a conclusion - not for Jodi, but for them. That would be justice in my opinion, regardless of any personal stance on the death penalty.

MOO
That's a scary proposition! Seems to me that's how some of the tribes in the Middle East obtain justice. Our Founding documents here are truly an achievement for all people and I believe have a made a huge leap for mankind. The people may still error but I don't think any other legal code can surpass our Constitution and it's methods.

The family want the death penalty. BritsKate hopes for it for the family. Arizona provides for it. So, not barbaric, primitive or savage, right? So what is scary about that?

In this case, if it were up to me I would have no problem handing down the DP. Jodi went beyond murder, she slaughtered Travis. It was a very slow and IMO very agonizing death for Travis. I do not believe he ever hurt a hair on her head. In fact he did so very much to help her. She has no remorse, and I believe she secrectly basks in her mind of the memory of what she did. She absolutely deserves death. 1. for the savage way she murdered him. 2. for trashing his memory.

RIP Travis you are getting your deserved Justice.

Yeah, I totally agree that this case calls for it. I am glad there are people that can handle the responsibility. I am also glad it is part of our judicial system because I truly believe it helps prevent more murders.

Some people dont think it helps, but I do think having the DP helps prevent murders. Just ask Texas and some criminals are well aware that DP is always a chance they take if they choose to murder in that state. I respect Texas and other states that are not afraid to use it when necessary.

My favorite part of Nurmi's closing argument today. :giggle:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C6lPbfu4sY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C6lPbfu4sY[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vysgv7qVYTo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vysgv7qVYTo[/ame]

KN is making no sense calling this a covert trip. It wasn't a covert trip. It was an alibi trip. An alibi trip to prove that she was harmlessly visiting friends and was never in AZ.

My question to Nurmi is this. If Jodi and Travis were on such "good terms," and he was supposed to visit her later that month as she claimed, then WHY, KN, why in the world would she NOT take the extra 5 hour drive to go seem Travis, too, along with all her other exes? Why was he left off the ex visiting list?

I really hope the jury asks themselves that question.

In this case, if it were up to me I would have no problem handing down the DP. Jodi went beyond murder, she slaughtered Travis. It was a very slow and IMO very agonizing death for Travis. I do not believe he ever hurt a hair on her head. In fact he did so very much to help her. She has no remorse, and I believe she secrectly basks in her mind of the memory of what she did. She absolutely deserves death. 1. for the savage way she murdered him. 2. for trashing his memory.

RIP Travis you are getting your deserved Justice.

I must be getting really jaded. Not only could I vote for the DP, but I think I could load the syringe...:what:

Good catch...she is effed when the jury wants that testimony read back.

That's of course if the jury requests that it be read back to them. I felt that Juan should have read it back to the jury during his closing rebuttal. Or is he not allowed to read back prior testimony?

Forgive my poor English :blushing:

In my mind they are now separated from the main 12 and not party to their deliberation.
Or do they have a video link? That would be cool.

Getting late here :offtobed:

They do not have a video link. We are talking about the 3 alternate jurors here. They will come each day to the courthouse. Each day they wait in a separate area. IF they are needed, they can step in with the duly impaneled jury. They await in the wings but cannot hear what the other 12 are saying before they stepped in.

Sleep well Jelly.

My understanding is that they are there throughout deliberations but that they do not participate. If any of the jurors are dismissed, they step in. Is that not the case?

They'll be at the courthouse in the juror waiting room, but will not be in the room with the jurors who are deliberating.

I think Jodi is pure evil and should get the DP. Even behind bars she does have followers and who knows what she may plot and manipulate someone to do for her. No one else needs to die.

They have no part in deliberations. If, for some reason, one that is deliberating is excused, then that person is replace by an alternate and the deliberations MUST start over for the benefit of the "newcomer."

Now that's some BS. Why can't they be allowed to just sit there quietly and keep up with the discussion as they do in the jury box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89