Verdict Watch 05/03/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking the victims/families should be able to decide justice, that what I mean. Societies quickly devolve into vengeance. That's exactly why we pick 12 peers (meaning community). That's what gives it legitimacy, not vengeance.

I want the DP, I hope for the family it is the DP, I just don't think any family should decide, that's all.

The family decides NOTHING. The JURY decides.

That's of course if the jury requests that it be read back to them. I felt that Juan should have read it back to the jury during his closing rebuttal. Or is he not allowed to read back prior testimony?

I would need one of the AZ jdx attorneys to help with this in AZ, but as far as I know, lawyers can refer to the evidence presented, but cannot present the transcript of the evidence in closing arguments to the jurors. If the jurors have a question about what was said during testimony in deliberations, they can ask the judge to have the transcript read back to them.

I guess it's not politically correct to state this but really, this woman had been living on her own since she was 18 and at age 28, she had all of $750.00 to her name? Geez...Talk about NOT taking responsibility for herself as an "adult"!

Sorry if I offend someone who has found him/herself in a bad situation but I don't think I've had that little money since I started working part-time.

moo

Someone said there was clapping for Martinez in court! Wow, right in court? Anyone know if it's on tape?

:seeya:

She did in fact confirm that she returned it to the same store.

It's right here, at 3:41

Prosecutor Juan Martinez's "Perry Mason" Moment - Busts Jodi Arias For Lying About Gas Cans - YouTube

Juan: And you said you returned it back to the store in Salinas, correct?

Jodi: That's correct.

Juan: And it's the same store that you bought it from, right?

Jodi: Yes.

Juan: Probably because it was in the same general vicinity, right?

Jodi: Right.

KN did it. He told the jury that the return could have happened at any Walmart. Low down. :banghead:

KN--hello, no circle on the receipt she didn't throw away! IF she didn't throw it away and she had it, no matter the walmart, they have the same procedures!!!!

Let's not even mention she said it was the same walmart, according to your lying Jodi.

Do any of you remember her running down the street chasing after Cheney Mason during Casey's trial? I was so embarrassed for her

I remember that well. She looked RIDICULOUS chasing Chaney Mason down the street. :runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway:

Im convinced the jury will do the right thing with a guilty verdict of 1st degree felony murder.

The only concern I have is during appeals. I truly wonder if Nurmi was purposely going for ineffective counsel. It was beyond ridiculous how awful he was. And even claiming that 9 days out of 10 he doesnt like Jodi either.

His defense was awful and this worries me for appeal based on ineffective counsel.

Hopefully any appeals will be denied.

This is the first trial I have watched since the CA trial. That verdict just tore me up. I have a, totally different attitude toward this one. While, I think she deserves the D, or at the minimum LWOP, I know that anything can happen.

About the sex recordings. I am personally glad they were introduced. It shows two consenting adults. She was ridiculously happy to be doing it. She was more excited and animated than he was!

I am wondering why MM wasn't a witness. JM made it sound like he was going to be with all the little side threats. I am disappointed that we didn't hear from him. Maybe he will show up on one of these shows along with the booted jurors.

Praying for the Alexander family, today and everyday.:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Oh...Somehow, I doubt that MM will "show up" for many years to come. He's most likely in Mexico under an assumed name. The media has not been able to find him. Not a smidgen of information. LOLZ. What a cop out!

moo

KN did it. He told the jury that the return could have happened at any Walmart. Low down. :banghead:

KN--hello, no circle on the receipt she didn't throw away! IF she didn't throw it away and she had it, no matter the walmart, they have the same procedures!!!!

Even if she went through the motions of returning it, minus the receipt, they would still have record of the return. The jury heard her say she returned it @ THAT WALMART. Nurmi neglected to check his facts and I am sure the jury did not appreciate that oversight.

I would need one of the AZ jdx attorneys to help with this in AZ, but as far as I know, lawyers can refer to the evidence presented, but cannot present the transcript of the evidence in closing arguments to the jurors. If the jurors have a question about what was said during testimony in deliberations, they can ask the judge to have the transcript read back to them.

Why wouldn't they be able to present the transcript? They can and did present other evidence. Their statements in closing aren't evidence. But if they really wanted to make a point, I don't see why showing the transcript would be precluded?

Karn - first - you need to delete some pm's your box is full!

So, I tried to send you this request:
I don't tweet so will you tweet her (SAMANTHA) this and tell her I made it for a group from WS who are holding the family in Travis Royal blue light for Justice! (the observers thread folks!)

Here is the direct link - not sure what code link twitter takes.
http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u576/A_News_Junkie/Justice%20for%20Travis/Embracedinlovingroyalbluelight_zps392d7637.jpg

Thank you for all of your hard work. You bring everyone's thoughts and feelings to life. It is blessing.

KN expects us to now believe that Jodi drove through the whole of California and AZ and Nevada with no OTHER police officer seeing the upside down license plate. Now you can't have it both ways, KN. Either police will notice it or they won't. Let's not even mention the fact that she probably removed it locally in Travis' neighborhood so no one would see a car with a CA license plate while she was there.

Oh Thank you! I lit one so now I think we are up to 113. Not sure how to do it but could you post this for KCL? Would love for the family to see this and some of the kind and healing things posted there.

:welcome6:

Cinco de Mayo weekend. :party: I hope the juror's minds are not distorted come Monday AM.

Trial is over so I met some friends for dinner. I casually said "I just got finished watching the trial" and they looked at me like I had 5 heads and said 'what trial?' Now I realize I spend way too much time with my friends on WS, lol. The real world is quite clueless to this.
I have mentioned this trial to a few friends and a couple of family members. Got the same reaction. :rolleyes:

Why is Nurmi saying Jodi made transfers between her bank accounts? I thought those were cash deposits?

The receipts do not say if it was cash or check, only that there was a deposit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV