Verdict Watch 05/03/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little worried! NG just described one of the male jurors: a young male,sitting in front row wearing a gray hoodie was slouched down in his chair during Juan's closing - doing neck exercises! All of the other jurors were fixated on Juan. He is NOT an alternate, btw.

A hoodie in AZ? It must be close to 100 degrees. A hoodie in the courtroom???? Hmmm!

And?
Here are the attire instructions for my AZ county:
"You may be sent to another building for your jury service, so please wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather. And remember: SHORTS, TANK TOPS, MINI SKIRTS, HALTER TOPS, AND RUBBER SANDALS are NOT permitted." http://www.sc.pima.gov/?tabid=73
Here are Maricopa County's
"Because temperatures vary in courtrooms and the assembly room, shorts and tank tops are not appropriate. It is recommended to dress in layers."
http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/JuryServices/GeneralInformation/index.asp#f
So...hoodies are allowed. It may get cold in the courtroom.
I see people wearing jeans all summer long, including black jeans. I see pullovers and hoodies in the summer too...usually teenagers to early 20's. Don't know why but that isn't unusual.

A killshot, ie a deliberate, non-hesitation cut to the throat, NEGATES manslaughter. If they don't get this, they are 100% wrong. It signifies intent to kill.

The only option other than 1st degree is hung. There is no chance of lesser included. You have (imo, and I'm low balling here because I think there are more) at least 8 in a block who will not move from first degree.

One critical thing working against a hung jury is the $$$$. They'll have the stigma of flushing 2 million down the drain if they hang.

I'm a little worried! NG just described one of the male jurors: a young male,sitting in front row wearing a gray hoodie was slouched down in his chair during Juan's closing - doing neck exercises! All of the other jurors were fixated on Juan. He is NOT an alternate, btw.

A hoodie in AZ? It must be close to 100 degrees. A hoodie in the courtroom???? Hmmm!

Gives me a visual of the Uni-bomber. Hope Nancy is just being over the top about this guy. Have never heard our courtwatchers describe a juror in that fashion. :waitasec: Maybe he just got a bad haircut. On my bad hair days I would love to be able to wear a hoodie, but Hey, it's Texas. :)

Almost five long years after the tragic and brutal slaughter of Travis Victor Alexander, a well-loved and loving person, self-motivated and reaching for the pinnacle of his success in business and in life, his family and friends have reached this day. Justice is coming for Travis, whose memory is written on the hearts of those he loved and who loved him.

Like far too many before him, Travis did not have length of years, but I can see that not one minute of his time on earth was wasted. After all, when our own time comes, not one of us will wish upon our death bed for just one more day of work. Knowing only by what I have seen of his family and friends, I know that Travis gave so much love to anyone he met, and that, my friends, is living.

God bless the Alexander family, I will be praying and fasting with you on Sunday. Justice is coming....tick tock, tick tock. Peace.

Did anyone just see JVM just kidnap some poor woman and not let her leave until she answered all of Jane's questions? That was obnoxious.

Did you see her chasing Granny, in her wheelchair, down the street and asking her for a comment?? :banghead:

Does God hear vodka prayers? My husband and I are drowning our nervousness in Kettle One....

ETA I'm not mocking...I really am praying.

Yesterday I had a very pointed talk with my husband when he started to whine about my obsession with this trial! I said, look, tomorrow closing arguments will be over and the case will go to the jury!

He said, great, Monday you're back. I said, nooooo, not until there's a verdict! Then he yelled at me!

Where's ALV when you need her?????

I'm praying very hard, too. L! And toasting you, other WSers and the whole of Travis' family and friends.

Would it even matter if she said she returned it to another store? Does WalMart only have records of what is in each particular store or computerized by the SKU # for all locations?

Doesn't matter. She said she got cash. No receipt = no cash. They have to have a receipt, for cash, then mark the return on the receipt for the exact item. Bell Arias, had a receipt, with NO markings, on the gas can line item.

Kathy Jacobson *-* ‏@makriv 37m

RT @luv_1995: Juan Martinez had a death penalty case once that the the jury deliberated for only 15 mins. #JodiArias

I am the same way. It was 100 degrees here and I took a sweat shirt with me when I went to class, they kept it really cool in the AM because in the afternoon the air couldn't keep up. I am just a person who gets cold easily, but I don't expect others to be hot for me. It is easier for me to throw on something long sleeved and then everyone is happy :)

That was me at school too! Out here at UT-D, I'd be in there w/my hoodie and big cup of hot coffee. :)

Gives me a visual of the Uni-bomber. Hope Nancy is just being over the top about this guy. Have never heard our courtwatchers describe a juror in that fashion. :waitasec: Maybe he just got a bad haircut. On my bad hair days I would love to be able to wear a hoodie, but Hey, it's Texas. :)

Maybe he was cold, bored and exhausted. It's ok.

Why does that matter? It happened during the murder. Wasn't that the point?

The suggestion that she would admit to sustaining it while stabbing Travis is ludicrous. She wouldn't have fog then would she? Splitting these kinds of hairs makes me wonder so I will bow out of this.

Bottom line: Juan did not mischaracterise JA's testimony and a lie/logical fallacy does not make it so.

Thanks, I wanted to respond to that, AND lets not forget....she made a BIG DEAL to Det. Flores, about that finger being cut from THE KNIFE OF THE NINJA. It so on the tape, AND THE JURY SAW IT!

First thing I would be thinking as a juror is the amazing switcharoo the defense did is pimping the heat of passion and practically putting self defense on the shelf. That complete turnaround would send major signals to me that the DT using defenses like different flavors at a self serve frozen yogurt machine is just a wee bit eyebrow raising.

First thing I would be thinking as a juror is the amazing switcharoo the defense did is pimping the heat of passion and practically putting self defense on the shelf. That complete turnaround would send major signals to me that the DT using defenses like different flavors at a self serve frozen yogurt machine is just a wee bit eyebrow raising.

Great analogy!

I'm a bit concerned JA won't get M1. How are you preparing yourselves in that event?

I hope Juan goes home and sleeps for the whole weekend! This has been a long and hard fought battle for him and Detective Flores. I do believe they will get a conviction of murder one. I really wish he would have taken the time to remind the jurors of her own words...that no jury would convict her...and she would pray for the death penalty...just to make her eat those words. But for whatever reason, he chose not to do that. He appeared very tired and worn at the end. But he should be. We all are. He is a brilliant prosecutor and certainly pointed out repeatedly that "this man never laid a hand on her". I am glad he stood up for Travis.

Juan, get some rest. We are all so proud of you!

An added bonus, I never have to hear Jennifer's or Kirk's voices, ever again. :)
I thought JM said "no jury will ever convict me towards the beginning of his opening argument." Even if not, he has said it several times in court. Re the DP comment, the jury instructions for deciding to verdict tell the jury NOT to take into account the punishment, or words to that effect. That's why he would not have mentioned the DP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webrowser