Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it looks like blood pooling around his bottom, anyone else see that cause I've never heard anyone talk about it so I am confused about why it looks like blood to me

On the lower right hand side of the photo, about an inch inwards, what is that metal looking thing??

The water under his buttocks is definitely red tinged. And is it the bad photo or does it look like streaks on his thighs?

There is a candle lighting in Phoenix today I am hearing. Since we are all spread far and wide I was thinking .....wouldn't it be a great idea for all of us Websleuthers all over the world to turn our porch lights on and leave them on until the verdict comes in? My porch light will be on tonight and everynight not only until a verdict is reached,but until sentancing is done...
Won't you join me please.... at least until we have a verdict? Thanks !

The jury may also worry that if they come back too quickly it could be an appeal issue, saying the jury didn't follow instructions.

And we all KNOW Nurmi would be screaming, "Mistrial" at the top of his lungs! :drumroll:

He'll be screaming mistrial for as long as it takes for him to get off the case. I bet then none of those DAs that have been so outspoken about JA's cse come willingly running to JA's aid.

I thought about that for a while after the "typographical error" was uncovered. Is that really a game changer? It's only a slight shift in the sequence of events that day. She still killed him 3 times. The intent was the same IMO.

I don't think it's a game changer, personally. But I think anything that results in confusion or controversy within the jury would probably benefit the defense. It's just too bad, because IMO it doesn't matter. But look at all the debate, not only on WS but in all the media. The MEs "mistakes" fuel this fire.

It becomes more crucial if they get to the aggravation phase and revisit the sequence of events.

I just located this really good Computer Graphic Timeline done on the case. This guy brings up a couple points that I had not thought of...When Arias was very first questioned by Det. Flores, she INSISTED that she NEVER was in Arizona...of course this DIRECTLY reflects ALL the efforts she undertook to MAKE SURE she left NO trace of herself coming into AZ, killing Travis (Or she thought), and leaving AZ. Also, I am really shocked that Mr. Martinez never brought this up but why would Travis attack JA after dropping the camera as it was STILL WORKING? Pictures were being taken AFTER she "allegedly" dropped that camera and it wasn't broke??? I don't know if it's OK to post this here as the trial is almost over, however the points this man made make sense and I wondered why they were never addressed??? They seemed pretty important to me.

http://youtu.be/39cjZz78OkA

If you took a poll of percentage of people who believe 2 buildings fell down on 9/11, 4% would probably say no.

Actually 3 buildings fell that day... guess that makes me a 1%er

That's a good question. She seems so milquetoast I can't picture her giving a death sentence as is needed in this case.

I remember reading someplace awhile back that she is pretty much middle of the road. I'm hoping on this case she goes hardcore.

I pray she gets 1st degree murder. However, I do not support the death penalty & hope she gets life w/o parole. I'm trying to stay positive, but part of me thinks it's more likely to be murder 2, it only needs 1 juror to hold out. Whatever the verdict, JA's life is over, look at Casey Anthony, villified & despised, her only supporters weirdos who will argue anything if it's against the popular view.

If one juror holds out for 2nd degree and the others find 1st, what happens? Do they hang?

JSS has been flexible to the DT with them presenting their case. However as soon as they've gone for yet another ridiculous mistrial, she's really told them as she sees it. I don't know how much The Court gets to speak about JA but when she does, I think we'll see JSS has the full measure of JA. BBM

Oh yeah. She had grown weary of that entire DT by the end.

There is a candle lighting in Phoenix today I am hearing. Since we are all spread far and wide I was thinking .....wouldn't it be a great idea for all of us Websleuthers all over the world to turn our porch lights on and leave them on until the verdict comes in? My porch light will be on tonight and everynight not only until a verdict is reached,but until sentancing is done...
Won't you join me please.... at least until we have a verdict? Thanks !
Well.. my front light shines waaay down the mtn and illuminates my nearest neighbor's bedroom.. so I'll opt for the back light.. too bad for all the critters out there.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/state-execution-rates

Just wanted to clear up any misconceptions about statistics for "Bible Belt" states and their stance on the DP, I found this interesting. (Mods please remove if inappropriate)

We already knew Texas doesn't muck around when you're on Death Row. If you get the DP there, you're gonna die for real.

Who knew VA would be next? That surprises me.

I see my childhood state doesn't muck around either, lol.

Now that we have had a couple of days to process 4 months of watching the devil's disciple up close and personal in the courtroom; listening to a amoral, unethical Defense team perform a non-stop character assassination on the tragic victim while glossing over the depravity of the murder itself; and finally, the brilliant unraveling of the sex, lies, and dirty little secrets by the Prosecutor extraordinaire.....there is no doubt in my mind that this jury will fire back with a resounding GUILTY, premeditated Murder One!

That said, I cannot forgive the smarmy DT for trying to portray this evil, psychopathic killer as a battered woman with PTSD! Jodi Arias is on a par with Aileen Wournos, Ted Bundy, and Lizzie Borden! She was just getting warmed up with Travis! Think about the super-human strength it took for her to ferociously 'gut' Travis ..in less than 3 minutes! Imagine the frenzy she was in! And those 'lawyers' tried to tell us this was all about a raging, wet, naked man in a shower who was going to kill her over a dropped camera??? REALLY???

Hang your heads in shame - Nurmi, Willmott, LaViolette, and Samuels!!! You all brought yourselves down to the level of the throat-slashing killer you so sanctimoniously defended. You all have one thing in common: No Conscience!

Now that it's only a matter of a day or two until we watch the jury march in to give JA her just desserts, the 'fog' is lifting in my brain. I am convinced JA had no intentions of shooting Travis. The gun was used to overpower him in the shower, nothing more. Once she had control, she ritualistically slaughtered him according to the archaic Mormon ritual - Blood Atonement. It didn't turn out as she expected - got a little messy for her. (We have to cut her some slack, however, this was her first human sacrifice.) We know from testimomy that JA was interested in the occult, vampires, wikum, etc. beginning around the age of 17. Her mother said she read voraciously and her book collection was extensive and out of the grasp of mere humans. I would love to see a list of her literary picks!

Fast forwarding to June 4, I believe the murder had more to do with losing her place in line in the Mormon community. JA had immersed herself in the Mormon religion/community and the prospect of mining for gold, it became her obsession. She didn't 'love' Travis, he was her ticket to $$$ and success. She would ride on his coattails. If it didn't work out with Travis, there were plenty more where he came from! She would never have to go back to Yreka or mix another cocktail - ever.

Unfortunately, Travis had something on Jodi. Whatever it was would discredit her in the Mormon community and PPL ruining her chances of living the good life. If she could get away with killing Travis, she could return to Mesa or SLC and start all over again. This is why atty. Willmott stated in her OS that Jodi Arias was FORCED to kill Travis Alexander. The truth of the matter is: JA sacrificed Travis Alexander's life based on her interpretation of the archaic Mormon Blood Atonement ritual. She was judge, jury and executioner. Now it's the jury's turn to return the favor.

I don't think it's a game changer, personally. But I think anything that results in confusion or controversy within the jury would probably benefit the defense. It's just too bad, because IMO it doesn't matter. But look at all the debate, not only on WS but in all the media. The MEs "mistakes" fuel this fire.

It becomes more crucial if they get to the aggravation phase and revisit the sequence of events.
JM made a big thing about the mistakes in ALV and RS's reports. Unfortunately the ME's sloppiness came back to bite JM. I hope the jury just see the mistake as that - a mistake. I know the chances of anyone having any medical knowledge on the jury are fairly slim but if there is, they'll be able to explain how obvious it is that that was just a mistake, one that should have never happened nonetheless.

Well.. my front light shines waaay down the mtn and illuminates my nearest neighbor's bedroom.. so I'll opt for the back light.. too bad for all the critters out there.

That works :rockon:

From my understanding, the reason for no transcripts is because you need to remember the demeanor and how they spoke. The words alone leave a lot to the imagination. In the murder trial I served as a juror I was really surprised at our jury team. No matter what question came up, somebody had made note of it. Once their notes were read it helped the rest of us to recall that moment of testimony in our own memories.

Yep. We learned that from ALV. :rolleyes:

Has it been discussed here that Travis never really cussed, even when he was so angry in the texts where he tells her she is the worst thing that happened to him etc. Even then not even a damn that I saw. Jodis version of him calling her effing b and other names just doesn't comport with his way of expressing himself...his own words as they were captured.

Just thinking about this defense team this morning. Just speculating that Nurmi isnt going to shed tears whatever happens with the verdict. He was given a case that he tried to get out of but bound by a court of law to give her the best defense he could which he tried to do, even though I don't agree with his tactics. JW , on the other hand weirded me out. Its like this physical attraction going on with JW and JA in the courtroom. I was waiting for them to hold hands at times. I think she will be having a Jodi tantrum if JA doesnt get a lesser charge.

I can't fast, but I sure can pray for Travis, his family the jury, and the prosecutors ! Spent most of my time at mass this morning doing just that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876