Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that JA is very likely to get the death penalty. I've been going through Arizona's death row records. JA's murder is, if not the most, one of the brutal murders ever even when compared to death row inmates' crimes. The jury will not care about young, old, black, white, male, female, fake PTSD, BPD, prior record. No. When a crime is this horrific and a defendant so unremorseful they will feel like they have no choice but to sentence her to death.

She will get the needle.

I did that too! Are we sick or what? :floorlaugh:

Is it true that if the verdict is guilty and they move into the next phase, the jury will be allowed to see evidence that was deemed "too prejudicial" for the trial portion???

I am not sure, but that is an interesting question.
After a quick search, it would appear that the same rules of evidence do not apply to the penalty phase. (FYI I could definitely be wrong - not a lawyer, nor do I play one on tv... LOL)

C. At the penalty phase of the sentencing proceeding that is held pursuant to section 13-703.01, the prosecution or the defendant may present any information that is relevant to any of the mitigating circumstances included in subsection G of this section, regardless of its admissibility under the rules governing admission of evidence at criminal trials. The burden of establishing the existence of the mitigating circumstances included in subsection G of this section is on the defendant. The defendant must prove the existence of the mitigating circumstances by a preponderance of the evidence. If the trier of fact is a jury, the jurors do not have to agree unanimously that a mitigating circumstance has been proven to exist. Each juror may consider any mitigating circumstance found by that juror in determining the appropriate penalty.

http://deathpenalty.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=4866

Female executed in 2010. I think I read a post, May have been on youtube, but I think it was WS, that a female hadn't been executed since 1912.

Not graphic.

[video=youtube;zj3MNG4ETe0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj3MNG4ETe0[/video]

Yesterday, a Sleuth recommended a blog or article (by a woman, I think) and I would like to read it but can't find the link. Anyone know where I can find it? I've tried the threads and Google.

What was it in regards to Tuba? I will help you look :)

the trial out of concern for the process and ensuring the trial would not need to be repeated. I have criticized her for being, perhaps, a little too afraid but I don't know the hot button issues that cause successful appeals in AZ nor the makeup of their appellate courts so she likely knows better than I do.

But, i have never thought she was a stupid person. Far from it and she had no problem dealing with Alyce when the need arose. I doubt she harbors any sympathy for this defendant. If anything, she may be even more disgusted by her than we are.

Just wanted to comment on the sweet touch with the blue candles---lovely and just as special as the family! Blessings, all.

We are home from hospital woohoo felt like a spectator the last few days on these threads :floorlaugh:

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

Hiya Peeps :seeya: Out of a TO.

Tomorrow can not come soon enough! I predict 3-4 hours. THIS jury is not the Pinellas jury...Let's keep that in mind.

Everyone pray,, meditate or send good vibes to Arizona!

Oh and does any of you wonderful people have the text code to send to a cell phone.

:thewave:....it has been WONDERFUL watching this trial with you people with JUSTICE on their mind!

PS. What next, which trial? I am addicted now :fence:

This is the first picture I saw on my facebook today!
Justice is coming Travis!!!
163560_453941671356137_1815299003_n.jpg

Really? They will be able to use that? Will they be able to show her doing handstands, digging through the garbage and telling herself she should have put make up on???

Actually, Pink ... I'm not really sure if I know what I'm talking about ... but I read a post from someone here (not sure who) that the 'tweets' can be brought up in the sentencing phase .... not sure sure about the other stuff. Sure hope it can all come in cuz it would seal the deal for DP (IMO)

If that's the case ... we'll see how "smart" she thinks she is at that point as she's sitting in court in her stylish prison garb. Blech!! That creepy, murdering stalker psycho makes me sick to my stomach. Her tweets (from the couple I have read on here) show just how manipulative she is ... imagine trying to garner sympathy from "us" that her commissary didn't arrive .... Travis will never take another breath and she still acts like she's such a victim. PATHETIC ....

MOO

Hiya Peeps :seeya: Out of a TO.

Tomorrow can not come soon enough! I predict 3-4 hours. THIS jury is not the Pinellas jury...Let's keep that in mind.

Everyone pray,, meditate or send good vibes to Arizona!

Oh and does any of you wonderful people have the text code to send to a cell phone.

:thewave:....it has been WONDERFUL watching this trial with you people with JUSTICE on their mind!

PS. What next, which trial? I am addicted now :fence:

Missed you! :blowkiss: Verdict watch! They will begin deliberations tomorrow!

AND NOW FOR TODAY'S WORDS OF WISDOM... A mother should NEVER hear her daughter have orgasms especially in a courtroom full of people. *Shakes head and exits thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic