Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you tell me how to do this from my iPad? I asked a month ago and didn't get a reply. Whatever ou did, please let me know. Thanks. :)

Hi there!

We were making sure the file was a .jpg file instead of .jpg.crdownload, so we removed the crdowload to make it a .jpg. This was for Windows 7.

Are you using iOS 6? Unfortunately, the Safari browser before the updated iOS 6, will not upload files from an iPad or iPhone. There is another browser that is an alternate that some people use called iCab. It costs $1.99 and it uploads photos. The down side is that it doesn't work on all sites. :banghead:
Here it is if you want to check it out:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/icab-mobile-web-browser/id308111628?mt=8

If you do have iOS 6, you can upload photos from Safari. Before you do make sure you are in desktop mode instead of mobile or it will not work. Then go to...Profile...User CP...Edit Profile Picture...Tap Upload...Choose Your Pic.

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Some of the last words from death row inmates:

"...I'm ready to roll. Time to get this party started."

"I did not get my SpaghettiOs, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this."

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." (Watch out Nurmi and Willmott. JA might steal these words).

"I think that governor's phone is broke. He hadn't called yet."

I seriously worry about JW sitting so close to the defendant. I bet she is sitting in jail ready to let her defense know she is not happy with their defense. This past week I think the deputy should have monitored her more closely. She had her stubby pencil inside her fist resting her face on the fist. I sure would wonder why. She purposely set the pencil in her hand and made a fist, looked at her hand then rested her face on it. The pic u posted at the bottom of your post she had such hateful eyes. She can really get a dark, beedy eyed looking expression at times.

this defendant oughta team up with cheney mason,they seem to be in love with their fingers for public viewing.such blatant disrespect..

I've also been looking at last meals and words...

:dunno: lol.

I looked at last meals but not words. I was on the AZ corrections site looking at the death row inmates, past executions, etc..

The first one I looked at was Wendy Adriano. Prosecuting attorney: Juan Martinez

SO great to see blue ribbon after blue ribbon on the avatars! :great:

Maybe everyone will have one by the time the jury begins deliberating again tomorrow!

I had to share my OPINION on this, first let me say that I was a corporate officer and employee of a mobile home tear down/transport, and set up crew from 1991-1995, located in Chino Valley, Arizona....we did services in Arizona AND California....
My thoughts about this case are all over the map.

Without doubt, Jodi Arias is guilty. I do NOT believe that the crime could have been self defense or at least not entirely so and even if it were--there would have been an attempt to run out of the apartment crying for help--the sadistic gruesome tortuous killing of Travis shows overkill --which would NOT have been necessary if one was only involved in only saving themselves....she could have hurt/wounded him to disable him enough that she could have run away. I don't see any way around that. She legally KILLED him 3 times, she did NOT retreat, she did NOT call 911 after the first death blow, she did NOT seek medical attention for him, SHE WANTED HIM DEAD.
However, my impressions of the prosecutions theory of premeditation is that they weren't really solid.......the oil GAS cans could have been purchased and borrowed simply for use to protect her on a long journey. she didn't attempt to make her using said oilGAS cans a secret--she borrowed from a close friend/former boyfriend who she told she needed the cans to go to MESA and purchased a third at Walmart and kept the receipt. And said she returned to the SAME Walmart that SAME day and the only Walmart in that area in 2008 has NO RECORD OF THE RETURN. I have done transports on that same stretch of highway many, many times in the past, it is NOT desolate, there were far more gas stations there in 2008 as was in 1991-95. We ALWAYS had our cellphone chargers hooked into the dash, even with the big bulky "portfolio" type cell phones we carried. Don't you think it strange, that JA, who had her cell phone "connected at her hip" 24/7, didn't have the cell phone on charge EVERY TIME she was NOT on it? And putting 3-5 gallon containers of gas IN YOUR TRUNK, in JUNE, driving from California to Arizona is driving with an EXPLOSIVE in your vehicle. NO ONE with common sense EVER does that.
Coloring her hair wasn't something that she kept secret either or to appear as a disguise--as would have wearing a wig. She could have easily been identified by its length and her other physical attributes. She had pics of herself in the new hair color and of course pics at the victims home with her new brunette "do". That piece of conjecture fell flat with me. She showed up at Budget in Redding as a BLOND, not a Brunette. She showed up in Utah as a BRUNETTE, not a blond. No one in Mesa had EVER seen her as nothing BUT blond and driving her OWN vehicle. WHO KNEW she dyed her hair? Not anyone who might of seen her at Travis' or in Arizona.

The two biggest pieces of evidence that point towards premeditation and criminal intent are the LICENSE PLATES SHE was the one who got that story started because she was stopped in UTAH with her front plate INSIDE the vehicle and the REAR plate UPSIDE DOWN and the MISSING GUN gun from her grandparents home.A .25 cal handgun is UNUSUAL, it is a "boot, vest, or pocket" gun, preferred by females because of it's small size. I don't know of ANY man who owns one (unless it is a collector's item), and/or uses one We don't know that the gun that was used at the crime scene is the one that was stolen from her grandparents home, but it is very suspicious. There is ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF, that Travis ever owned or had in his possession a .25 caliber handgun, NONE, but JA's word which changed from "no gun, gun in August 2007, gun in 2008, unloaded, loaded, holster, no holsterI couldn't go with murder one on that suspicion alone though.
The license plates definitely are deviant and looking to avoid detection though.....and my BS detector went on over-drive with the story that she told Ryan about some kids playing with it and that she had "found" it on the ground and thought it was her own. Don't you find it incredibly considerate, that the "skaters" left the screws needed to replace the license plate back on the front? She didn't mention that. And they had time to flip the rear one upside down and re-screw it back on. In the parking lot of a Starbuck's. If she was "fearful" of the area where she parked, why didn't she park in a more lit and public parking spot?
While I think it is generally in poor taste to have anything to unkind to say about the departed, I do think that Travis was "abusive" and hypocritical though And that makes JA "hypocritical" too, she was ALSO a Mormon and there is not one SINGLE bit of proof he was ABUSIVE, she had a MULTITUDE of stories about that "finger"...however in no way did he deserve what happened to him. He was a player --a major flirt and a two timer, etc and if you make a timeline of JA's boyfriends, you will find that her relationships "Overlapped", she 2 timed just as well....they were involved in a sexual relationship that was a bit kinky and had shades of BDSM And who has the HISTORY of so called "Kinky" sex? The only woman anyone could find who had had sex with TA was Deanna, and that was a 7 year relationship and where's the "Kink"?....most women Jodi's age have had a rotten boyfriend though--many women have engaged in sexual activity with a guy hoping that it would win them love and/or just because they like it. Jodi was a willing participant and even acknowledged that the act of tying her to a tree and putting it up her rear was "so debasing....and SHE **LIKED** IT" That sounds like a dominant submissive relationship to a degree.... I don't like Jodi Arias...she is not a sympathetic person, but I also don't like for women to be shamed about their sexuality while the man is just sewing his wild oats. He procured the relationship with her--gave her lots of mixed messages and was ambivalent about giving her up...after all, he said himself on the phone that he was making her his number one priority on his upcoming trip. She wasn't his stalker....(even if she was a jealous girlfriend and did idiotic stupid crap that jealous females do- he made her doubt and she was right--he was cheating) and he wasn't afraid of her.......if he did he would have reported it to the police. The most I can make out of their relationship is that is was immature and toxic. Neither one was getting what they wanted entirely out of it and neither one was willing to let it go either. They had a 5 month "committed/exclusive/whatever" relationship that was LONG DISTANT. She moved to Mesa AFTER they broke up. She only moved back to Yreka because she was broke, couldn't hold a job and had NO PLACE TO LIVE. And who DROVE hundreds of miles for these "booty calls"? Not Travis.
Was there only ONE gun shot? There never was any discussion of a possible struggle with the gun and other shots going off--I have only read of the one gun shot--which struck me as odd--and if it was first and she proceeded to torture him with the knife then she is beyond evil.. The ME said 1 shot, no hemorrhagic bleeding, he had bleed out and was already DEAD. There was one spent cartridge and no other slugs found at the crime scene except the one in Travis' jaw
I also agree with one of the the above posts as well that said that the defense point that she didn't take him out immediately makes her mission to kill (First Degree) seem not as plausible. She "took him out" 3 times, the gun shot to the head WAS a mortal wound, the sliced throat WAS a "mortal wound", the stab to the heart WAS a "mortal wound"

My guess is that she is going to be found guilty of Murder 2/ manslaughter.

She concealed the crime, she left no paper or cell phone trail in Arizona, she cleaned up the scene, she deleted the pictures, she PURPOSELY engaged the Detective investigating the crime.
Last, but not least, she made up 3 stories, not just 1, as to where she was that day and her involvement/non-involvement in his death.WHO DOES THAT?
But for those deleted pics on that camera and her bloody palmprint in both Travis' and her blood, she never would have been busted. And why would ALL of Travis' friends point the finger at HER? She obviously wasn't THAT big of a secret to everyone who knew Travis, and his friends were right. I find it ironic that a battered woman can be murdered by her boyfriend and all of her friends can point the finger at the boyfriend because they KNEW something was up, but in this case, we are to discount Travis' friends because he was a man and JA (according to her) was a "secret". JA didn't get "it". Travis was just NOT into her and everyone around him KNEW that and THAT was NO SECRET.
Once again, JUST MY OPINION. I am engaging a poster, I am NOT trying to be snarky.

Yesterday, a Sleuth recommended a blog or article (by a woman, I think) and I would like to read it but can't find the link. Anyone know where I can find it? I've tried the threads and Google.

O/T I went to the old Forensic forum yesterday and read all of the Hailey Dunn posts, the work there is phenomenal. So very accurate.

Some of the last words from death row inmates:

"...I'm ready to roll. Time to get this party started."

"I did not get my SpaghettiOs, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this."

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." (Watch out Nurmi and Willmott. JA might steal these words).

"I think that governor's phone is broke. He hadn't called yet."

Yesterday someone posted a link to all the AZ procedures related to an execution. It was interesting. The prisoner is allowed a last word if they want but the microphone is cut if they swear or say anything purposefully hurtful to those watching.

I had to share my OPINION on this, first let me say that I was a corporate officer and employee of a mobile home tear down/transport, and set up crew from 1991-1995, located in Chino Valley, Arizona....we did services in Arizona AND California....

She concealed the crime, she left no paper or cell phone trail in Arizona, she cleaned up the scene, she deleted the pictures, she PURPOSELY engaged the Detective investigating the crime.
Last, but not least, she made up 3 stories, not just 1, as to where she was that day and her involvement/non-involvement in his death.WHO DOES THAT?
But for those deleted pics on that camera and her bloody palmprint in both Travis' and her blood, she never would have been busted. And why would ALL of Travis' friends point the finger at HER? She obviously wasn't THAT big of a secret to everyone who knew Travis, and his friends were right. I find it ironic that a battered woman can be murdered by her boyfriend and all of her friends can point the finger at the boyfriend because they KNEW something was up, but in this case, we are to discount Travis' friends because he was a man and JA (according to her) was a "secret". JA didn't get "it". Travis was just NOT into her and everyone around him KNEW that and THAT was NO SECRET.
Once again, JUST MY OPINION. I am engaging a poster, I am NOT trying to be snarky.

e4d46db6_standing-ovation-auditorium-pop_8703.jpeg

And that's exactly how it reads. I enjoy reading others opinions, even though it may differ from mine. But your's doesn't!! :)

Here ya go!!!

It's in TWO parts: Scroll down to #177 and 185:
I hope everyone gets a chance to read this post - it's brilliant, IMO.

http://callsforjustice.wordpress.com/2013/05/03/jodi-arias-murder-trial-day-fifty-seven/#comments

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some legitimacy to this theory.
I've also been wondering if anyone else has thought about the glass that JA placed on top of Travis in the shower. To use in cleaning him or herself off while in the shower has never made sense to me. Idk, but the glass combined with her cutting his throat the way she did has been in the back of my mind for a while.
I hope it's ok to post this, if not please forgive me, mods.

Blood ritual - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The participants may regard the release or consumption of blood as producing energy useful as a sexual, healing, or mental stimulus[citation needed]. In other cases, blood is a primary component as the sacrifice, or material component for a spell

SO great to see blue ribbon after blue ribbon on the avatars! :great:

Maybe everyone will have one by the time the jury begins deliberating again tomorrow!

I love seeing all the blue ribbons too! I tried and tried and followed the instructions but I kept getting a bad pathway message. :banghead:

So I changed my signature line instead.

I can't wait to hear that guilty of murder one verdict!

I also hope the jurors participate in a Q&A session the way the Scott Peterson jury did.

In the words of Juan Martinez...

Who does that?

I believe the blog or article was about the current state of the Arias trial. A woman's name may have been partially visible in the link. Thank you Karraster but I read the one you posted & that was not it. Thanks, Wescott for offerig to help. Several posters were commenting that they liked what this blogger had to say and that's one reason I'm curious. I wish I could have found it in the threads. Search engine doesn't go on such scant information, of course.

I love seeing all the blue ribbons too! I tried and tried and followed the instructions but I kept getting a bad pathway message. :banghead:

So I changed my signature line instead.

I can't wait to hear that guilty of murder one verdict!

I also hope the jurors participate in a Q&A session the way the Scott Peterson jury did.

I kept having that problem last night as well, until someone told me to right click on someones ribbon,save it to my computer and upload it as my avatar...there are more detailed instructions for doing so over in the court observers thread...
I am new to the ways to put stuff on here as well so I am not much help...sorry !

Matter of fact, if anyone could plz help me enlarge my signature pic I would be forever grateful !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic