Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will start stressing after an hour. I figure they need to come in, get a drink, ask about their weekend, etc. but it really should not take that long after that. The longer the day goes the more concerned i will be they are considering the other options, and reading the manslaughter or self defense portions

:seeya: I will be stressing, too ... but I am going to give them until 12:00 pm to have that 1st Degree Verdict in and anything past 12:00 pm and the lunch back, I will be :

:scared::scared::scared:

Really, I expect a day or two simply because they heard SO much information and if they have been following the rules, they're gonna want to finally talk about it with people. I can't imagine they wouldn't want to talk about it for at least group therapy with each other.

So I think after they get all the talking out of their systems, they can go forward. Maybe a day. Maybe 2. They heard 56 days of testimony, so....

They also were able to question the witnesses and have evidence explained to them, so I don't think it will take them nearly as long, an hour or so after lunch tomorrow is my guess.

I wonder if the jury notices that JA only pays attention (not writing) only when it's something she wants to hear. If she doesn't like what she hears she tunes it out. I wonder what they think about that.

KN - "It's not about whether or not you like JA. Nine days out of ten I don't like JA.":saythat: <--- Nurmi... :floorlaugh:

Lol deb
Did you go back for your groceries? And were they still there. Now that's as funny as leaving your purse on top of the car and driving off?

I've done that--three times! Each time after strapping my infant son in his car seat. And each time someone found my handbag and contacted me. I am truly blessed.

We will be traveling to Jackson, MS tomorrow :please: don't let that verdict come down when I am in the car! I want to see it LIVE.

O/T Shaved his hair...but I know he will be bald in a few days.

LOL his oncologist told him to give the tumor a name. Someone you want to fight. "He said can I call it Jodi?" The Dr. looked bewildered.
Hair today:

http://6g6.eu/sih0-hair.jpg

Rosemary, I think about you and your son everyday. Would have given shout outs to you on Friday and yesterday, but thought Travis's family should take precedence.

Good to see that your son has a sense of humor...so important when dealing with serious health issues. Link to the pix did not work for me...how old is your son? For some reason, I'm guessing 10 to 13.

Hugs to you both!

Respectfully snipped.

It's quite common for the hand wielding the knife to get cut. The blade and handle can become very slippery with blood, and the hand can slide down onto the blade inadvertently. Then, perpetrators tend to leave their DNA behind, a la Jodi Arias, for identification.

OJ Simpson: said his hand cuts were from dropping and breaking a glass in his hotel room

Scott Peterson: said his hand cuts were from fishing tackle (I think that's what he said)

Point is they both had hand cuts right after the murders...just like JA.

Gosh - I am SO way behind in reading - but saw this on the last Verdict Watch thread and wanted to post the pictures to this!

Curious Me said:
Did you see her peeking at the neck wound pic on May 2 during Juan's closing, Part 2 at 32:38? I wish I could get a screen shot. Jodi can't keep her eyes off the pics of the damage she did to Travis! Demon not human, and obsessed with her slaughter, she's disgusting. JMO

picture - Jodi peeking at that neck wound pic

ETA: oops wrong picture... let me try again... sorry!

Attachments

• Juan yes she put that knife into Travis and slit his throat.jpg
    Juan yes she put that knife into Travis and slit his throat.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 66
Justice for Travis! I changed my avatar!

Me too. I haven't been able to stomach watching trial footage...sitting through the trial of another narcissistic, smug, brunette with more story versions than Carter has little pills was enough for me. BUT I fervently believe that justice will be done in this case and a guilty verdict will be swift in coming.

I hope the jurors just disregard everything but the events from May 26th to June 5th and then her subsequent behavior as a suspect. That's all that really matters.

I don't like all this that they have to "think like a battered woman" stuff because she was not a battered woman. And even if she was, what she did would be far beyond what I think a battered woman would do.

I wish there had been more testimony to combat her behavior like at the memorial etc to prove she wasn't suffering any PTSD either.

I hope they disregard everything but what happened in that bathroom. All elements for M1 are in that room in her actions! She killed him 3 times. Even if the first kill was in self defense, there was the second kill. And even if the second kill was in heat of passion there was a third kill. The third kill was Murder 1 premeditated and with malice.

This woman did not believe Jodi. You could hear the pain in her voice, the remorse. She said Jodi had nothing (remorse or pain) in her for taking another human life, especially someone she claimed to love. She did not believe Travis abused her either. This woman said taking her husband's life ate at her everyday, knowing she killed someone, a man she loved.

This is something that has nagged at me since the beginning. Even if Jodi really didn't remember anything, wouldn't that be even more reason for her to be hysterical and inconsolable? The fact that she took a life and didn't remember it?

And it's one of the major reasons I had no respect for Dr. Samuels or ALV. Jodi's only concern was that she couldn't sleep in the jail because it was noisy? Or that she was bored?

Wouldn't any competent psychologist be even remotely concerned why Jodi found it annoying that her "noisy" environment was the only reason she could not sleep?

Wouldn't either of them wonder why she wasn't shaken to her core about what happened? That she didn't say, "I can't sleep because Travis' death HAUNTS me, I see his face, I hear his voice, please do something, help me!"

Juan was right: ALV is an apologist and I would add that Dr. Samuels is a minimizer.

I remember during the CA trial, I was grocery shopping. I got an alert on my phone the verdict was in. I left a full cart of groceries in the cart, ran out of the store and drove home. When I think about it now, I have to laugh

JustmeDeb ~
That was me too, only I was at the bank...Sadly that's the one time I wish I would have stayed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ