Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 and 05/07/2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Third times the charm! Just in time for my 30th birthday on Saturday!

Ah, another member of the club. You know, the club that nobody wants to belong to -- young people with cancer. Although it's funny. I never think of myself as a cancer survivor, but as a cancer treatment survivor. Best is yet to come, girl.

Anybody out there remember Marlene Newell? Sorry for the PTSD. :facepalm:

I remember her from the Scott Peterson case on the old Court TV boards. I'm glad there are sites like JAII. Let them all hang out together in their own corner of the internet.

Bottom line: JA made 3 SEPARATE GAS purchases in SALT LAKE CITY (after the murder) at one gas station: 2 were for around 10 gallons and 1 was for around 5 gallons and SHE THREW OUT THE RECEIPT FOR THE 5 GALLON PURCHASE BUT KEPT THE OTHER TWO RECEIPTS. She was obviously trying to hide the approx. 5 gallon purchase. And if she didn't have that 3rd, 5 gallon gas can, where did she put that extra 5 gallons of gas? Not one receipt for gas shows more than approx. 12-13 gallons of gas purchased in one transaction during her trip, so there is no way the car could hold 15 gallons of gas. Did she dump 5 gallons of gas on the ground? COMMON SENSE.
Also, the defense did not bring up the lie that JA returned the gas can to a different Walmart until closing arguments, so there was no way for JM to then ask any witnesses about existence of other Walmarts in Salinas or returns to other Walmarts. Defense did this on purpose - they could have asked the Walmart witness if other Walmarts existed in 2008, but they wanted to present that possible lie at a time that prosecution couldn't effectively rebut it through witnesses. If it was the truth that JA had returned it to another Walmart, then defense would have asked the Walmart witness about other Walmarts to show that in fact other Walmarts existed, to prove she was telling the truth. They did not do this.

I know you're right and I've never doubted the gas cans story. I just hope the jury doesn't either! I said it after closing that it was very telling that the defense didn't put up their own walmart witness. There's no doubt in my mind about the gas cans but thank you for the reassurance!

The contradiction between what Horn allegedly told Flores and what Horn would later say on the witness stand. It looks like witness tampering.

How is it "tampering" if Horn said he can't remember talking to Flores?

There would have to be some kind of contact, conversation, some communication to have "tampering" right?

Seems more like a case of "normal human memory, no tampering."

But there's no fun conspiracy or negative connotation in that.

Hello all!

I slept for like 8 hours straight. Woke up thinking I had slept for a couple of hours! :scared:

We're only about an hour away from deliberations! Yay! Hopefully today is the day we get our Verdict. Prayers...

basilcat....I hope today is the day we get to dance! :dance::skip:

....feeling very confident....:dance::cheer:

Juan did not get mixed up and did not get confused when he spoke about the scenario of:

WHAT IF Travis did have a gun and what if Jodi did take it?

He made that point because *EVEN IF* someone chooses to believe the lying murderess' story, it's still FELONY MURDER because if she takes his gun (that's stealing, which is a felony) and TA dies by her hands (also a felony), the requirements for FELONY MURDER have been met just in that one scenario.

That's NOT what Juan is saying happened. He's saying that didn't happen and that Jodi brought the gun from her grandfather's house and premeditated the killing of TA. But he pointed out to the jury that even if they WANTED to believe her lie about whose gun was used, they could still find her guilty of murder 1 even if they thought it might have been TA's gun (via the Felony Murder rule).

Basically no matter how one divides it or what they choose to believe, JA is guilty of Murder 1.

Capice?

Well, in the case of Kiefer, he might be getting permission to spew his personal agenda but make no mistake, it's personal. This I know for sure.

I used to follow his tweets and then realised that it seemed he was behind the whole business around JM signing outside the courthouse. I really do have the feeling he has some agenda re Juan.

Hello all!

I slept for like 8 hours straight. Woke up thinking I had slept for a couple of hours! :scared:

We're only about an hour away from deliberations! Yay! Hopefully today is the day we get our Verdict. Prayers...

basilcat....I hope today is the day we get to dance! :dance::skip:

Rose, glad you got some rest...since you're gonna be dancin' and all.

Bus Driver News! I stayed on his route for three circles today. He kept looking at me in the mirror and even at one stage called someone on his mobile whilst looking in the mirror at me. He loves me.

:floorlaugh: I think he is telling all his friends about you! You are so lucky.

I remember her from the Scott Peterson case on the old Court TV boards. I'm glad there are sites like JII. Let them all hang out together in their own corner of the internet.

Oh I'm sure they do. But they jump out, predictably, right before a verdict and for a couple weeks after. Stingers at the ready dripping venom lambasting anyone/anything in sight. It's called desperation.

The contradiction between what Horn allegedly told Flores and what Horn would later say on the witness stand. It looks like witness tampering.

To me all of this kind of talk, and bullet or knife first talk (I personally think bullet first, but whatever), all of this obfuscates the bottom line. It is great that people have such brilliant minds, strong critical thinking skills, great crime-scene recreation skills, etc, but one has to stand back and ask does it matter? does it matter in terms of the murder 1, overkill and premeditatation? nope. not a bit. done.

The cheap shot is about soliciting false testimony for the sole purpose of contradicting Jodi's version of events. It was totally unnecessary in this case. But your points are noted about the manslaughter charge. I'll be very happy if she gets at least 2nd degree murder but I have this overwhelming fear that I can't shake. A fear that she'll walk because of the shady stuff done by the prosecution.

I don't think Mr. Martinez suffers fools and liars well as demonstrated throughout this trial. If there was any shady stuff done during this trial, it was by the Defense and their client. Perhaps positivity will help override your fears.

And I fear that he may have been successful. That's why Juan should have left no backdoor open for Jodi to escape. A second witness concerning the other Walmarts in the area (or lack thereof) would have nailed her to the cross.

Did you see that demon shake its head "no" when Juan told the jury that Jodi told him that she returned it to the same Walmart under cross? No, Jodi! There was no other Walmart in Salinas in 2008 and you did say YES to Juan under cross so WHY are you shaking your head "no"?! That just proves that all her head shaking is just more manipulation, directed toward the media. She is so evil that I can't bare the thought of her going free!

That nasty old open back door may have gotten her what she wanted in the past.... Not this time.
You can mark my words on that.

Random and off topic but I had to share, because I feel so GOOD!

I got my first haircut in over two years yesterday and woke up feeling so freaking HOT! All my hair fell out for chemo in March 2011, and it was finally long enough to get back to the style I had. I have been in remission since the end of September 2011... I beat the cancer physically and I finally feel like I have beat the cancer emotionally...because I look like my old self again.

YAHOO !!!!! Thank You for sharing this :)

That's sssooooo awesome

Hello everyone!
I woke up with a feeling in my belly today. I've had it all morning.
Hope it's a hunch and not just wishful thinking, but... It feels like Verdict Day.

Fingers crossed!
What an AMAZING coincidence. My Boston Terrier Spanky has something in his belly today, too. Worst case of gas, EVAH. I'm taking this as a SIGN, that JA is stinkin' DONE today.

:D

And I fear that he may have been successful. That's why Juan should have left no backdoor open for Jodi to escape. A second witness concerning the other Walmarts in the area (or lack thereof) would have nailed her to the cross.

Did you see that demon shake its head "no" when Juan told the jury that Jodi told him that she returned it to the same Walmart under cross? No, Jodi! There was no other Walmart in Salinas in 2008 and you did say YES to Juan under cross so WHY are you shaking your head "no"?! That just proves that all her head shaking is just more manipulation, directed toward the media. She is so evil that I can't bare the thought of her going free!

Closing arguments are not evidence. If they have a question about this, they can refer to their notes on her lying and ask for the transcript.

Again, I don't understand what you're doing today. You've accused the prosecution, the police, and the medical examiner of some sort of conspiracy but you're not for Jodi Arias. Why are you purposely trying to upset people?

I'll be back folks! I'm so full of anxiety this morning, I need to go for a run and then to the grocery store! See ya later!!

#JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS!! <3

Even better. Call a witness with Walmart business records to testify that there was no other Walmart in 2008.

I realize this website is a place for ALL sides of justice. If you haven't noticed, all of the wonderful people her are awaiting JUSTICE for TRAVIS, the VICTIM of a horrendous crime. The guilty party IS JODI ANN ARIAS. No doubts, she ADMITTED IT. It is obvious to anybody with half a brain, she is now trying to get away WITH MURDER. Nothing less MURDER. It may suit your agenda better to post on a website with people who share your belief that she isn't guilty. She killed him in cold blood. NOTHING anyone say's will be able to justify what she did. You think she will walk away because of some conspiracy with the ME? yeah, ok, I'll buy that :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member