Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Tweet said no juror's are dressed up today - in same casual clothes as always. (means nothing :)) Also Tweet from abc15 - juror's were 'chatty and relaxed' while leaving the jury room for lunch.

Did anyone else hear JC say on HLN that there is one juror who's always been a 'loner'. That he doesn't eat with any of the others or walk with them.. Hmmm.... hope he's a good loner.

Personally, I don't pay too much attention to what she says...she is too licky licky for me.

SIX hours now?

1 hour- did she kill him? yes.
1 hour- did she premeditate it? yes
1 hour- was she abused by TA? no
half hour- Does that even matter? no
1 hour- lunch
1 hour- Will it look bad if we return the verdict now, only after 3 hours? maybe
1 hour- What amount of time back here satisfies the appearance that we reviewed this evidence carefully? 6.5 hours

I had to do a double take to see if you're in Tennessee!!! Oh, well.

We must be related! My dad's Irish roots came from a penal colony in Australia due to stealing sheep. And they loved to drink. We're compadres!

Cousins! :seeya:

My "kin" are actually from West Virginia and Kentucky...my husband calls me a "ridge runner!"

BUBBA!....hand me that jug of White Lightnin'...yeeHAW! *hic*

Found some interesting info on the Priceline website. You can either purchase--or reserve--a car rental through them. If you reserve, it looks like you can use a different credit card at the rental desk. Could Juan have gone a step too far with this one? Has anyone ever rented a car through Priceline? How was your credit card charged?

http://www.priceline.com/Customerse...0A5064010A2013050619011580f370240568&plf=pcln

We have a franchise location and you can make a reservation on Priceline but you have to pay for the rental with us to Budget never through Priceline. Corp locations you can prepay but you still have to show the your credit card at the counter.

who besides me is in a waiting for verdict FOG ??

ya know, I have gotten a few things done today...went to lowes, bought 2 new Japanese maples (baby ones) and got some planting done; however, that did not take up much time.

the rest of the time, im sitting around waiting. WHY? its not like im not in arm's distance of my phone, ipad, computer, tv...so it is not like I will miss anything, but im so used to having the live feed on that I feel lost. I actually feel more guilty today for sitting around then I do when im glued to the screen watching the trial getting nothing done.

I could have gotten more done, but I am in a fog and cant do what all I need to do.

I grabbed him and held onto him and kissed him over and over again just a short bit ago. Until he pulled away and said, "ugh, no kisses!"

If a woman like Jodi Arias ever hurt him, heaven help her and she better hope the police get to her before I do. I can't even think of it without wanting to lock him in his room.

I agree x 4 as I have 4 sons- except any woman like that would never be fortunate enough to be safe from me, in police custody or out.

ETA: the agony of Travis's family is overwhelming... and I don't think I could handle it the way they are.

Has anyone here read the book, Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn? My book club chose that book to read and I picked it up and couldn't put it down. There are so many similarities between that book and this case that I was just gobsmacked. I was hoping that someone else would post something about the book after having read it. I could list the similarities or I could start a thread, which I am reluctant to do. If a thread was started so the similarities could be discussed, there could be a disclaimer or "spoiler alert" for those that haven't read the book, but would like to in the near future.

It is currently on the NYT Bestseller List for hardbacks at #8. Maybe I am crazy, but I was just wondering if anyone else had read the book and noticed the same things that I had.

I hate this waiting!

I loved that book, and all it's twists; does have similarities to JA for sure. So hope they do a movie

I texted WAT to 33733

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a question about that. Do we need to text a stop after verdict. Concerned about receiving constant texts. Sorry, not text savvy.

O/T Judge B Perry is going to be on Nancy Grace tomorrow.

I just heard Perry said that Baez was like a "used car salesman" LMAO .. is he just now talking about this or was that something he said a long time ago?

Why am I shocked there isn't a verdict yet? This was a slam dunk case. JMO

Hey, I come from a pretty big family of 7. I went to school with twin sisters that came from a family of 22, same mother and father. If I recall there was three sets of twins in that family. This is the honest truth.

I have friends today that think 7 kids is crazy. Ha! I laugh and tell about the family of 22 and they think it's an urban legend. LOL.

Mom raised 9 of us. ;)

I'm distantly related to the Big Bopper and Jenny Craig on different sides of the tree.

Dwayne Cates on HLN saying the jury instructions are very detailed and made by lawyers and are not really meant for the average person...okayyy that makes no sense at all then why don't they change them to make it easier for the average person on a jury to understand?? He said most of the time juries can't understand what they say.

I agree. I don't see why we can't rewrite them to make sense to a layperson.

Has anyone here read the book, Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn? My book club chose that book to read and I picked it up and couldn't put it down. There are so many similarities between that book and this case that I was just gobsmacked. I was hoping that someone else would post something about the book after having read it. I could list the similarities or I could start a thread, which I am reluctant to do. If a thread was started so the similarities could be discussed, there could be a disclaimer or "spoiler alert" for those that haven't read the book, but would like to in the near future.

It is currently on the NYT Bestseller List for hardbacks at #8. Maybe I am crazy, but I was just wondering if anyone else had read the book and noticed the same things that I had.

I hate this waiting!

Thanks for the recommendation. I just not added it to my reserve list from the library. I am in process of finishing up another book, but with my nerves frayed, I cannot concentrate enough to make it through one page.

I once grabbed an autograph from someone who I had no idea who he was but since everyone else was getting autographs, I jumped in line too.

Does that count? :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh: That counts.

In 1981, Robert Redford called my home phone to talk to my (ex) pilot husband about the flight back to Sundance.

I answered the phone.

RR: Hi. This is Bob..........Bob Redford.

Me: :thud:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member