Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm going to cut the grass before dark... with my cell phone on vibrate and placed in my bra and on vibrate in case I get that text I'm waiting on!

This conjures up so many visuals...just be careful with that there lawnmower if um, you get that there text...:drumroll:

Well my guess of a verdict on Tuesday is so far panning out. My husband says we get a verdict on Wednesday. I hope it doesn't go into Wednesday.

I say tomorrow too. If we go into Wednesday, I'll start to get a little nervous. 16 hours isn't out of the ordinary IMHO. Once we get to 20+ hours, then we can start to speculate there's a problem in the jury room. The Pinellas 12 chatted for 10 hours (probably about the media) before giving their NG verdict.

Question - does anyone remember if the jury dressed up that day? Sometimes you can tell when a verdict is going to be presented in how the jury dresses -- assuming they want to talk to the media.

Dang - I'm aching to know what they're thinking right now.

MOO

Mel

ps: listening to the police interrogation videos again. All 18!

My guess is late Thursday or early Friday.

Ugh! I hope not! I'll be at Disneyland. I would prefer to watch the verdict live in the privacy of my home so I can shed tears of joy. The people at Disneyland will probably think I'm crazy if I'm standing there crying! :floorlaugh:

It concerns me in the Arizona system, where they have all the evidence in the jury room, but more than that, they got to ask questions after every witness.

My thoughts on that would be they should (after 4 months) each know their verdict going in (really they should know this now)

Anything over a day or so, like now...concerns me they are not unanimous.

But they're deciding if somebody should live or die. That's kinda a big deal, you know? They need to make sure they are making the right decision.

That said, I'd have no problem sending her to death in 2 mins.

I must say that I'm a bit concerned about the older gents on this jury. These men came up during times that women were considered the weaker sex and needed protecting. I'm afraid that they just can not consider a verdict with a possible death sentence attached. JMO

So, are you saying they went to trial with a jury that is not DP qualified?

Realising that I have always put a lot of value on the eyes of defendant & victim on the fatal day. In the photo of Arias on the bed, her eyes have turned into black stones. Hateful resolve defying anyone to approach or to interfere with her fully hardened intent.

In the eyes of Travis, final portrait inside the shower, he is suddenly confronting the horrible validity of past alarm, dread and fear of what this woman is capable of. Recognition and horror, "You would dare do this? I see it is real, yes. Here you are and it is all hideously true!"

I was never a clubber. The last I heard he was doing drives for needy children. I :heard: he joined church, but not sure.

Marlo, Knock me over.. I have to call my Aunt Nay in KY and ask her..:floorlaugh:

My husband and I are huge Coen Brothers fans (Have you seen the movies Fargo? Raising Arizona?...Coen Brothers films); our all-time fav is The Big Lebowski. After we saw it we took to calling each other "Dood", as opposed to the real Dude (Jeffrey Lebowski, aka Jeff Bridges). Sometimes I forget he has a real name! We're in a store or something and I yell out "Dood!" and a dozen people turn around...haha!

Aren't you glad you asked? ;)

The Coen Brother movie Serious Man was filmed in my girlfriend's childhood home!

"The location department not only had to find neighborhoods of unaltered 1960s homes, they had to be in areas where storms had knocked down most of the mature trees. When they found an appropriately retro block on 4th Avenue between 84th and 85th Streets in Bloomington, the production resurfaced the street, re-sodded and landscaped eight houses, poured new driveways and added false chimneys, new facades and decorative brickwork."

http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/movies/27957494.html?refer=y

When there is actually news, there will be about 20 posts in a row saying the same thing.
Just one I didn't even flinch over. It wasn't followed by a bunch of other ones. :seeya:

I am losing it. This cannot be good news that they are taking so long. I think it's too late for a verdict today. I think that's bad.

We've had 24 hours a day-7 days a week for 4 months to talk about this (longer depending on how long you've followed this). The Jury has had only hours. They need some time to blow steam, laugh, cry, rant and so on. I know its hard but we all need to take a deep breath and keep the faith that there will be justice served for Travis... Lets give them some room to do their job.

Yep, I agree. I understand the dog/sign adnd it was a heartfelt message but the owner was going all off on what kind of ^%%** leaves a dog alone for 4 days. Which was not the case at all. I just assume some people only catch bits and pieces of this trial. I also heard someone on HLN refer to Travis' home as an apartment :slap:

I heard several Hosts and Talking Heads say that and I was furious! If you cannot grasp the big things in the biography of the deceased don't expect to pay any attention to what you have to say.

loading.gif

I say tomorrow too. If we go into Wednesday, I'll start to get a little nervous. 16 hours isn't out of the ordinary IMHO. Once we get to 20+ hours, then we can start to speculate there's a problem in the jury room. The Pinellas 12 chatted for 10 hours (probably about the media) before giving their NG verdict.

Question - does anyone remember if the jury dressed up that day? Sometimes you can tell when a verdict is going to be presented in how the jury dresses -- assuming they want to talk to the media.

Dang - I'm aching to know what they're thinking right now.

MOO

Mel

ps: listening to the police interrogation videos again. All 18!

but if they convict her of 1st degree, they're not talking to anybody. they can't until the end of the trial.

I like Softail. I know she is a woman. :) She has a big heart, good taste in music, and likes motorcycles. That makes her pretty neat! What's more, she is always nice to posters even when they are not so nice to her. So there.

Well said :)

But they're deciding if somebody should live or die. That's kinda a big deal, you know? They need to make sure they are making the right decision.

That said, I'd have no problem sending her to death in 2 mins.

The jury does not determine life or death in this phase of the trial. They only render a verdict on the criminal case at this time. Sentencing will come later.

Has the jury requested any evidence so far?

They have all the exhibits in the jury room with them. Beth Karas says if they have a simple question, the judge could handle it on the phone with the attorneys and we wouldn't necessarily know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove