Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of verdicts, I will never forget where I was when the OJ verdict came down. I was a college student, and I had watched the trial all summer. When the verdict came in, I was back at school at Utah State University and one of my classmates came in and said OJ was found not guilty. I felt like someone in my family had died almost. It still stays with me after almost 17 years!

I remember as well, Tut -- I was at work -- we were all in a big room (we were computer programmers & analysts and we were young) and we had all been listening surreptitiously to our radios, and when it was announced, there were some muffled cheers/claps and the rest of us were too dumbfounded to speak or breathe.

But he's in the jailhouse now.
icon10.gif

Instant Karma's gonna get you
Gonna knock you right on the head
You better get yourself together
Pretty soon you're gonna be dead
What in the world you thinking of
Laughing in the face of love
What on earth you tryin' to do
It's up to you, yeah you

Instant Karma's gonna get you
Gonna look you right in the face
You better get yourself together darling
Join the human race
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
John Lennon, RIP

Don't worry too much, Scott Peterson took a week (although it was a circumstantial case) if I was on the jury I'd need a bit of time to go 'Whoa mama what about THAT <insert crazy moment here>' there was a lot of BS to wade through, but I think they will.

Mrs. Norris you make a really good point about something. Folks we have to remember something. These jurors sat and listened to this trial for 4 months!!!!! 4 MONTHS!!!!??? And listened to Jodi for 18 days!! And during that entire 4 months the jurors were not able to talk to anyone! NO ONE about this trial. They couldn't unload on their spouses when they got home or their boyfriend, girlfriend, or parents. For the first time they get to finally talk about their thoughts on what they have heard the last 4 months. More than likely they spent a few hours just unloading and venting.

My guess is that we will have a verdict sometime after lunch tomorrow. Hopefully the deliberations won't go into Wednesday and I hope they don't go for 2nd degree murder. It would be a travesty of justice if Jodi was ever let out, even after serving a 25 years.

The jury does not determine life or death in this phase of the trial. They only render a verdict on the criminal case at this time. Sentencing will come later.

I know that - I'm just trying to stress the importance of their decision. A decision of guilty murder one COULD lead to the death of Jodi Ann Arias.

I like Softail. I know she is a woman. :) She has a big heart, good taste in music, and likes motorcycles. That makes her pretty neat! What's more, she is always nice to posters even when they are not so nice to her. So there.

Aww.... :blowkiss: Love you too Sleuth! You have great taste in music too!

:skip: :skip: :skip:

but if they convict her of 1st degree, they're not talking to anybody. they can't until the end of the trial.

You're right - my apologies. If it's M1, they would have to stay quiet until after the penalty phase. My bad.

Mel

well darn you....you made me look up the channel and turn to it.:scared: I hope im not too late. lol

It just went off, they lost the "experts" satellite signal...

But she was so dumb she didn't even see what we've been talking about! :stormingmad: I think the expert was too busy listening to the sound of her own voice to actually pay attention to the clip, darnit. We need Janine to look at it... maybe tonight on Dr. Drew.

I just heard Perry said that Baez was like a "used car salesman" LMAO .. is he just now talking about this or was that something he said a long time ago?

He said it this morning.....

Let me know so I can fall over too! :floorlaugh:

Oh I will, That just does not sound like Marlo. He was a wild one. I never went to his club.. But my Dad did.. :floorlaugh: And to Sherman Cooks.. Heard of him

The only bad news would be if they come out with a verdict less than first degree.

That has not happened.

So no news is good news so far.

IMO

I would bet money they have a decision but are waiting to announce til tomorrow so they can go home and get dressed up for media. If the jurors come back tomorrow dressed up more I would bet there is a verdict.

Me too .. especially the taste in music part! And there WAS a disclaimer :)

Thanks, Mrs. G! Actually, I had no idea what was going on. I could see something amiss and thought I ought to step in without having the full story. I'm assuming that's how the whole thing got started in the first place -- so it seems reasonable. :)

Hey, nobody told me to change clothes. Luckily, I realized I was standing out like a sore thumb and have rectified the situation.

Well heck, I am going to have to put myself in TO and concentrate on work tomorrow.
I will have to wait on the text. I wasted today so now I am under extreme pressure.

When there is actually news, there will be about 20 posts in a row saying the same thing.
Just one I didn't even flinch over. It wasn't followed by a bunch of other ones. :seeya:

Indeed, and at least as many copies of the latest WAT tweet, he better be wearing something in a nice shade of salmon when this rolls. :fence:

The jury does not determine life or death in this phase of the trial. They only render a verdict on the criminal case at this time. Sentencing will come later.

You are correct and if they are doing that they are violating not only their oath but the jury instructions as well.

At this time they are only there to determine if she is guilty and if so, what degree.

When I was on a death penalty case we never discussed the sentence the defendant could get when we were deliberating guilt or NG because we knew we were not suppose to do that and didn't.

IMO

Realising that I have always put a lot of value on the eyes of defendant & victim on the fatal day. In the photo of Arias on the bed, her eyes have turned into black stones. Hateful resolve defying anyone to approach or to interfere with her fully hardened intent.

In the eyes of Travis, final portrait inside the shower, he is suddenly confronting the horrible validity of past alarm, dread and fear of what this woman is capable of. Recognition and horror, "You would dare do this? I see it is real, yes. Here you are and it is all hideously true!"

I was happy to hear that when the door opened to where they were gathered (the jury) the commentator heard laughing and talking.. So they are getting to know each other and getting along. Always a good sign.

they may not want to look like they rushed through it. It's ok though :) we're all good with that.. please? now?

I think it is very possible they don't want anyone to think they made a quick decision, on the other hand I don't think they would want to keep Travis' family from getting justice asap.

Lol, my father named me after 'That Girl' he was totally infatuated with her!!!:floorlaugh:

I thought Marlo in That Girl looked just like my brother's then girlfriend. I also thought she was so smmmoooooth on Donahue when she hooked him. Ever notice now, though, how old she is looking? Well...hello future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove