Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bette I don't believe that's what caused the Pinellas 12 verdict I think it was that they knew there would be a penalty phase which would mean they would remain sequestered for the duration during that phase.

IMO they point blank just wanted to go home. They were over it and didn't care if they released a baby killer into society. Remember it was all about not being able to swim in pretty pools?? They were angry they were sequestered. And believing that closing arguments were evidence. Insert eye roll and sarcasm here.

Years later I'm still annoyed at hell at the Pinellas 12. I just hope no one on the Pinellas 12 jury ever sits on another jury for the remainder of their lives.

BBM. yes, they wanted to be done. that jury chose to not do its duty, IMO. and i KNOW there had to be jurors who believed she was guilty. shame on them for not holding out so at LEAST she could have been tried again.

What????? No verdict????

Just got home. I have anew great grandson! Joseph Adam Fischer, 5 lbs. 12 ounces, some good news!

I hope Casey Anthony isn't somewhere laughing at us because I cannot see how it takes this long for a MURDER ONE verdict.

1). She admitted it!
2). She drove 1000 miles. Took some planning!
3). She slaughtered the guy.

So what more does a reasonable person need?

Congratulations! :wave:

Oh my, I was SO hoping for a verdict by now....I will continue to say prayers and keep the faith....I actually prayed out loud today on the way to work....I like it that way. The Powers That Be and I have some pretty cool conversations. I think we all are so worried and worked up because we genuinely care THAT MUCH. We just want what right and fair for Travis. Keep praying and keep sending up the good thoughts!

My husband is an engineer, (retired) and he has no doubt Jodi is guilty. As soon as he got back from his kayak ride, he made a mad dash to the door to ask if there was a verdict yet. So, don't blame it on the engineer, LOL!

I agree - I just think he/she is being meticulous. I'm an engineer and the "data" is overwhelming.

Who knows.... at least we know that JA would have heard about the jury laughter by now. Hope that sends a chill down her spine!

I agree. Before anyone works themselves up, just remember, they are in there with those autopsy photos. The pictures tell the story.

Plus Scott P verdict took 7 days! I didn't remember that.. Don't know how I made it!

I was positive this would be the quickest verdict ever, I agree with those that say the jurists probably would like to spend a little bit of time discussing their thoughts about the last 4 months of what they had to sit through etc. But, for me personally, two hours max would have been more than enough time and then I would be anxious to deliver the verdict, if there was one, and get on with it. Back to my family, and then onto read the internet to find out the missing links of what wasn't told. So, what is the hang up, she is so guilty, it was so premeditated, Juan made it so clear. The defense was pathetic. I want a verdict now, of guilty first degree!!! NOW , please.

Don't forget that often some very methodical jurors will not vote immediate for 1st degree they want to talk it out & be sure they are not caught up in emotion.... or the want to go home...they have to live with this decision, we don't want them to feel they were hasty.

Kathy

Hasty? They have had four months to go through this. That is hasty?

Susan Constantine.. Personally, I don't care for her comments very much.. and listening to her just now, I haven't changed my mind. JMOO of course.

I wouldnt put much stock in what Susan C says, she doesnt have the background of a Dr. Glass. She used to be my hair stylist. This is her 2nd career.

True story.

I thought Marlo in That Girl looked just like my brother's then girlfriend. I also thought she was so smmmoooooth on Donahue when she hooked him. Ever notice now, though, how old she is looking? Well...hello future!

I've always loved Marlo Thomas and have always admired that she has continued her fathers work with St. Judes. As for her looking old...she was born in 1937 so she's in her mid 70's now....

From Beth Karas, if the Jury has a question we wont know about it as the courtroom is locked.

I was wondering about that throughout the day . I'm sure everyone here already knew!

I didn't!

i wonder if that's another AZ thing. in the cases i've seen, this is done in open court. but almost nothing happened in open court throughout this case, besides testimony. strange way to handle jury questions, IMO.

Bette I don't believe that's what caused the Pinellas 12 verdict I think it was that they knew there would be a penalty phase which would mean they would remain sequestered for the duration during that phase.

IMO they point blank just wanted to go home. They were over it and didn't care if they released a baby killer into society. Remember it was all about not being able to swim in pretty pools?? They were angry they were sequestered. And believing that closing arguments were evidence. Insert eye roll and sarcasm here.

Years later I'm still annoyed at hell at the Pinellas 12. I just hope no one on the Pinellas 12 jury ever sits on another jury for the remainder of their lives.

It might not have led to the verdict, but one of the jurors spoke about this when she was interviewed by media. Maybe she spoke only for herself, but she apparently thought that finding Casey guilty meant that she would automatically get the DP, and that juror said that she couldn't do that based on the evidence and not being sure who was supposed to be caring for Caylee.

We've had 24 hours a day-7 days a week for 4 months to talk about this (longer depending on how long you've followed this). The Jury has had only hours. They need some time to blow steam, laugh, cry, rant and so on. I know its hard but we all need to take a deep breath and keep the faith that there will be justice served for Travis... Lets give them some room to do their job.

Look at the hundreds of threads about this trial on WS. They must have many many questions as we have. They have a huge burden to bear. I don't envy them in the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AllenImmab