Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While we wait....Here is an interesting question for everyone

If Casey Anthony had been found guilty, would we be as nervous as we are right now regarding the Jodi Arias verdict?

(I have to keep reminding myself it was just one ((really)) bad verdict....and take a deep breath)

The jurists were idiots. They didn't understand the directions and instead of asking questions they said, "were so done... we're outta here!" and I bet they've learned to regret their stupid behaviour.

I think other people have learned from that fiasco... you don't want to be another "Pinellas Twelve"

The CA verdict floored me! Yes I think that verdict has made us all uneasy

I was so disgusted that day. I vowed to never allow myself to get wrapped up in a trial like I did that one again. And here I am. :fence:

http://www.kpho.com/story/22174436/...r-on-jodi-arias-coverage#.UYgaWrmWAPA.twitter
KPHO (CBS) - Phoenix, AZ -- 5/6/13

Message from CBS 5 News Director on Jodi Arias coverage

2464997_G.jpg

Well said and kuddos to them.

:jail:I'm baking a pineapple upside down cake
to keep my mind busy over here

I sure wish I knew if the jurors that went out to get their lunch were smiling! I'd love to know if they appear to be stressed, or relaxed. I'm not asking for too much!

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 2 hours ago

#jodiarias jurors will resume deliberations in one hour. Jurors were chatty and relaxed as the left the jury room.

https://twitter.com/maryellenabc15

they were just replaying what ta wrote on his blog about the next year being his best year ever. he was going to learn more, earn more than ever before.

she in contrast i think was depressed, in debt, and didn't know where she was going to go in life after this breakup. and he had the nerve to be happy about the future. what a cad!

Reading the sheer number of text msgs between Travis and Jodi would keep them there for a month! Reading the journal, a couple of weeks at best.

If I was a juror I would read everything...and laugh, and poke fun, and comment about how "bat chit crazy" she is, how evil she is, how obsessed she was with Travis. I'd have a real clear picture of her before I voted "Guilty" and sentenced her to "death"...and I would sentence her to death. I feel certain the jury will as well.

You know they are both laughing and crying over all her fodder.

I can picture them in there discussing JA's "linebacker lunge" pose, the juror questions. Asking who wrote the snarky ones.

I pray the jury didn't hear the "snapped" rational Nurmi offered. People often remember most what they hear last.

Aw man, checking in on my work break, hoping for a guilty, but nothing yet, huh? Ah shucks!
Well, hopefully when I get done getting my students on he buses home I'll come back to my office and guilty will be the word!!!

Little Debbie peanut butter bar here. Ice cream is in the freezer!

I can't have ice cream, so do you mind having some for me too. :blowkiss:

I know I'm no help :giggle:

I caved! I'm having a milkshake and my dog gets a Yoghund frozen yogurt.

We're having enough for the board... stress eating.... and now I'm getting an ice cream/stress migraine.... :nerves:

Per diems (in this case $12) are typically used to cover meals (lunch).

I read that in Arizona the jury receives wage reimbursement up to a verified $300 a day for extended trials such as this one. So they receive more than the normal $12 a day for a shorter trial.

I sat on a jury in Texas for a week and was paid $7 a day.

If I was on a jury, it would be very difficult for me. Even if I felt convinced, I would want to carefully go through each aspect. I would want to ask questions out loud and make sure that we are actually considering everything we need to. As much as I can't wait to hear them come down on Jodi, I don't blame them for taking time. I don't think it's such a big deal that they are still deliberating.

It's good with ketchup....:floorlaugh:
Especially with a drambuie chaser...:floorlaugh:
C'iad Mille Failte!

(....from New Scotland...nova scotia:seeya:)

Ummm... us Southerners knew you were not from here :)

NO! We would still have faith in justice - mine and so many others' was shaken and somewhat destroyed by that verdict. My nervousness has everything to do with the CA verdict. I had never been so sure of anything in my life - and I was so wrong. The shock was enormous, I was in a daze, in disbelief, in tears. Talk about PTSD! This is a perfect example. I keep having visions of the judge reading a not guilty verdict and Jodi just smirking.

The CA verdict made me physically sick, I couldn't eat for two days -- and that's saying something!

I like Mexican but here in Alabama - the Mexican is very bland. I like hot hot hot

So last night in honor of Cinco de Mayo I cooked tacos. I ate nearly a half a jar of jalapenos on them and they still weren't hot enough! I guess I just haven't found the right brand of jalapenos.

Oh...and redneck Cinco de Mayo

Cinco.jpg

As Juan said in the trial--it's because she had the presence of mind to clean herself off before she moved about the rest of the house. Also no bloody footprints in the bedroom, stairs, or anywhere else in the house. Changed her bloody socks and/or put on shoes.

If she went out a door she would have to use her hands to open it. No fingerprints on door knob or exits to the house. I am assuming she would have worn latex gloves while exiting the house. She did tell Flores she had plenty of gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImaKing412