Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what to make of the delay. Do they maybe think that they have to know what happened? Do they think that they have to understand everything that happened? Are they stuck on whether or not the gun came first or the knife???

moo

I wouldn't call it a "delay". They're doing their job.
Dozens of witnesses, hundreds of pieces of evidence, 12+ weeks of testimony. Pages of jury instructions and law to understand.
They don't have to analyze and discuss every little detail but they have a responsibility to do it right.
They've had NO conversation about this case with anyone, most importantly themselves. Some of them have taken careful notes and I'm sure they want to review them with fellow jurors.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with having some questions and issues and wanting to iron those out as a group.

All JMO.

Guys, lets also remember Darlie Routier , baby killer x 2 was given the DP in the great state of Texas (even if she's been on death row for over 17 yrs? WS help me out on that?) Jodi has WAY more to convict her, so it's going to be ok..The AZ jury will not let the family of Travis or us down.

1). You don't consider the punishment during the guilt phase. And she is GUILTY.

2) I would not put someone to death but I wish the States would consider a place of confinement that is solitary and away from the general population. She certainly deserves that.

I realize you don't consider the punishment during the guilt phase but as a juror I would take the deliberation very seriously if the charge was murder and the punishment would either be death or LWOP. It doesn't mean I would consider which punishment would be appropriate but I would realize the seriousness of the job at hand knowing what was at stake.

OH NO!!!!! Men in there 60's and 70's are the jurors!!!! BAD NEWS!!! My Dad is 64 and my granddad is 84. They have both watched the trial. Both lost interest in the "experts" testimony. Both said they couldn't put that lil girl to death. Both think Juan is disrespectful. Both say she wouldn't have done all that if she didn't have a reason to!

Im terrfied the jury consultants did there job just like in the OJ trial!

For those interested in juror info: ( found the military comment on juror #18 interesting--and I hope so)

SOURCE: HLN Nancy Grace 5-6-13 @ 7:14 PM
Title of chart on screen: “JURORS WHO WILL DECIDE ARIAS’ FATE”

8 MEN

#2---Age: 50’s
• Takes few notes
• Cups head in hands during testimony

#4---Age: 60’s
• Takes few notes
• Bald

#7---Age: 30’s
• Takes notes, bites nails
• Married

#9---Age: 60’s
• Appears to be a loner
• Long white hair with ponytail

#12---Age: 40’s
• Occasional notetaker
• Favors polo shirts & khakis

#13---Age: late 20’s/early 30’s
• Appears to be youngest juror
• Takes few notes

#14---Age: early 60’s
• Swivels in chair
• Does not appear to take notes

#18---Age: 70’s
• Possibly former military
• Takes few/no notes

things that are frustrating me...
1. short verdicts/fast verdicts have NOT been good for the prosecution in my experience, so please stop saying this longer period of time is good for the defense! Just not true...
2. why oh why did no one, neither side ask D.Brewer what color Jodi's hair was when she came to his house on June 2 or 3?
3. Why did Juan keep saying MM would never betray Jodi, in a sarcastic way over and over again and not follow up on that?
4. why wasn't the one roommate who was home on 6/4 not been questioned on the stand as to whether or not there was a car in the drive way at anytime he was in and out that day?
5. why doesn't the friend who TA showed the 5/26 email/IM exchanges ever said why TA was sending that, especially since he asked TA if he wasn't afraid she'd hurt him!!!!?????

These are the things that are really really bugging me

I like the lady in the bottom row, on the right, on DD show. Cheryl, or Sheryl. something or other. She makes the most logical sense most of the time.

TA's emotion in his voice, making me tear up.

Executions in the U.S. aren't for public consumption. There are witnesses from the prison and family members of the victim and the people the dead person walking chooses. There may also be a reporter? Am I right or missing something?

I wasn't indicating that executions were public but up thread some posters were discussing that some executions, especially ones where the crime that was committed was especially heinous, should be public.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I have a Twitter account but have no idea how to use it. Can someone tell me how to find KCL's tweets?

I don't know what to make of the delay. Do they maybe think that they have to know what happened? Do they think that they have to understand everything that happened? Are they stuck on whether or not the gun came first or the knife???

moo

Beth K. commented that the jurors looked serious, almost to the point of frustration. I hope the 'tiger/bear' person is not on the jury - they could end up being hung.

I really hope that is not true.

It IS true. Remember that day? Travis's sisters had to leave the courtroom in tears. They were devastated by the photos. JA's Mom and Aunt were having a giggle fest and then even turned around and watched the Alexanders leaving the courtroom. I think even NG may have mentioned it later that same night.

My vote..Throat slashing definitely no doubt.

I agree, when I first saw it I thought the quickness of the swipe of her thumb was enhanced. It's the quickness that makes this a mock slash, imo. This is beyond belief, what a sicko.

OH NO!!!!! Men in there 60's and 70's are the jurors!!!! BAD NEWS!!! My Dad is 64 and my granddad is 84. They have both watched the trial. Both lost interest in the "experts" testimony. Both said they couldn't put that lil girl to death. Both think Juan is disrespectful. Both say she wouldn't have done all that if she didn't have a reason to!

Im terrfied the jury consultants did there job just like in the OJ trial!

Charging her with Murder 1 does not automatically mean she needs to be sentenced to death. Plus, everyone is different and the jurors who had to look at Travis's autopsy photos and seeing his family cry in court every day might feel differently than regular folks who occasionally watch the trial. I know we are all terrified but putting negative viewpoints out there is not helping so lets try to stay positive. Anyone who paid any shred of attention knows Jodi isn't a "lil girl"

D we even know the ACTUAL ages of the jury members? SAYING someone is in their 70s doesn't mean they're in their 70s.

things that are frustrating me...
1. short verdicts/fast verdicts have NOT been good for the prosecution in my experience, so please stop saying this longer period of time is good for the defense! Just not true...
2. why oh why did no one, neither side ask D.Brewer what color Jodi's hair was when she came to his house on June 2 or 3?
3. Why did Juan keep saying MM would never betray Jodi, in a sarcastic way over and over again and not follow up on that?
4. why wasn't the one roommate who was home on 6/4 not been questioned on the stand as to whether or not there was a car in the drive way at anytime he was in and out that day?
5. why doesn't the friend who TA showed the 5/26 email/IM exchanges ever said why TA was sending that, especially since he asked TA if he wasn't afraid she'd hurt him!!!!?????

These are the things that are really really bugging me

And who was the person in the car with her during the first part of the trip? She kept saying "we drove"......

(Hoping to NOT BLOW margins)

Thought I'd share with everyone what was on the front page of the paper on my drive today..

Pulled out paper opened it up & GUESS WHO??

KWpaper.jpg

It's DrD's Juror Katie! Article written by Shanna Hogan (author Picture Perfect)
Also our sweet KCL also pictured inside the article & quoted about supporting TA's family that they're part of an unfortunate 'club' of sorts etc.

It's The Valley Times May 2013 maybe able to view at website
www.timespublications.com

!!!! I'm in love! (Not with him, the dog!)

ITA, but have to say JM is still my favorite. Do you think it was my German Sheperd Lupo he saw in the picture? :floorlaugh:

My hub doesn't get it, his hallpass is Keira Knightley, mine is Juan. He just doesn't see what I see....:blushing:

I agree, when I first saw it I thought the quickness of the swipe of her thumb was enhanced. It's the quickness that makes this a mock slash, imo. This is beyond belief, what a sicko.

Honestly if I were Juan I would take that as a threat seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BG89