Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:puke: She makes me ill!

Jodi Arias verdict: Jodi Arias designs T-shirts to raise money for victims of domestic violence

Posted: 05/05/2013
Last Updated: 7 hours and 57 minutes ago

•By: Navideh Forghani

PHOENIX - Jurors in the Jodi Arias trial will continue their deliberations on Monday morning, but in the meantime, Arias is busy raising money for a special cause.

The accused killer is doing it through Twitter, from behind bars.

It’s a project Arias hinted about last week and while she didn’t unveil what she was working on from behind bars, we know she’s selling T-shirts to raise money for domestic violence victims.

You can buy them in black or white and they have the word “Survivor” written on the front.

The shirts will benefit the Long Beach Women’s Shelter and Reach Beyond Domestic Violence.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...or-victims-of-domestic-violence#ixzz2SWCEIgCX

JA is helping ALV no doubt. Sounds like ALV is a user JMO

be patient! they had 55 minutes friday. they had to choose a foreperson. it was the FIRST time in this whole process they've known it was OVER and they could talk to each other. let's cut them a little slack. they have to do this THEIR way, and we have to be patient while they do their job. i have no doubt they want to do that job, because they've been there every single day and have paid attention!

I was being facetious.

I hope they got the ministerial duties out of the way on Friday...have chosen a foreperson and will take this morning to speak their minds and collectively come to the correct conclusion.

I'll be downtown at 12:30 every day this week either waiting for a verdict, seeing the verdict come in and/or sitting in the penalty phase.

I think today could be the day but we'll see...justice is coming.

Woo Hoo!!:rockon:
I got to the first row!!
Brought this over from last thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani
Well, Village Idiot (Love your handle!), since you brought it up, I'm going to say what I've been afraid to post because it is so horrible to think about.

So many of the reenactments on HLN have had Travis on his back when she slashed his throat. I don't believe that is the way it happened. I believe he was on his knees crawling away and she pulled his hair up and slashed him under the throat, under the chin as you said. For the cut to be so deep as to nearly decapitate him the weight of his own head, and gravity, made that possible.

Had he been on his back the cut wouldn't be as deep.

Think about cutting a piece of rope. We make a loop and cut from the bottom upwards. To cut from the top of the rope we would have to lay it down on something and SAW away at it.

She had one sharp a$$ knife, too. Like a knife used by a butcher or a CHEF, where they have them professionally sharpened. Most home use knives are not that sharp, especially when they are washed in a dishwasher as they obviously did at Travis' home. So, what I'm saying is…she brought the knife. A knife she stole from one of the restaurants she worked at…more proof of PREDMEDITATION.

I am a chef at a cafe and I have my own knives...they are razor sharp and would cut through most anything (including skin and tendons) like butter.
I would bet the knife is a professional kitchen knife...
MOO

I think so too. Just thought I was even more confused than normal when they kept showing that he was face up, as I had always thought he was face down when that happened. So thanks for helping me feel centered again.:wave:

Oh thank you Beach!!!!!! I wanted a ribbon and your help is appreciated.:seeya::seeya:

Teresa, how did you manage to do it? I tried not too long ago and messed it all up :(

I saw that and agree. I hope some (if not all) of those jurors saw his interview. Shame on them for letting CA walk the streets.

I just hope these jurors get it right. This young man needs justice. What JA did was overkill out of rage and if they can't see that ... lord help us all.

Yes, I do hope those jurors saw it this morning...the judge sat through the whole trial like they did, and he had a different conclusion! Hmm...how do you all feel bout yourselves NOW?

Good morning everyone!

Today has finally come. I have complete faith in this jury. Who would honestly believe that someone doesn't remember all of that? Woo-sah....

Positive thoughts. And vodka. (when word of the verdict comes of course)

:fence:

I think the problem for felony murder is you would have to believe she took TA gun which he did not own.

I'm pretty sure Juan also said it could be felony murder if she wasn't wanted inside his home. Then, he went on to say, that at some point during the stabbing, the shooting and the slitting of his throat, it would be safe to assume she was no longer welcome in his home. Juan is asking that the jury find her guilty of premeditate murder.....and......felony murder.

I believe the verdict will come back today, guilty of first degree. And boy does she deserve it. I can't wait to see her face when the verdict is read.

I bet she will turn white as a sheet... and then she will either get faint from the shock OR sprout her devil horns and start spewing venom. She has no impulse control, she's already showed us that by her courtroom decorum over the past few months. Wonder if they will need the shock belt? There's no telling with Jodi Arias. She's just plain evil.

I need to go rest my back a while on the couch, flipping between news channels, no doubt. I feel so antsy!

Praying for Murder 1 and justice for Travis and the Alexander family! :please:

Burglary is also a felony. JM explained last week that at the point JA was stabbing Travis, it would be easy to say she was no longer welcomed in his home and therefore commiting a felony. So either way, she's toast.

I've attached a couple of felony screen shots from the jury instructions.

The felony murder is very simple. Two points are needed.

1.That the defendant entered OR remained unlawfully in or on a residential structure. Here we dont know whether JA came over to Travis’ uninvited. In any case he didn’t kick her out so the first part is not relevant BUT she did remain unlawfully because once she started stabbing Travis she was, needless to say, no longer a welcome guest in his house.

2.Did so with the intent to commit any theft OR felony...She did take Travis’ gun and then commit a felony i.e stab and shoot him.

Judge Perry was just on HLN. He agrees with everybody else in the world, the evidence was there to find her guilty. Another slap in the face to the 12 people that sat in court day after day, and couldn't put 2 and 2 together. I doubt they are smart enough realize they've been called the most &%$#() people in the world.........again!

Not having followed the CA trial at all, I Googled the CA jurors this morning to see their reaction to the overwhelmingly negative public reaction to their verdict. A number of them feared for their lives once their names got out. At least one moved out of state. None seem to have anticipated the reaction.

:rockon: Finally under the hour mark!!

Jodi Arias..
:jail:
Will not pass go, will not collect 200 dollars.

I understood it to mean the minute she attacted TA she became unwelcome in his home and that made it a felony. She was there uninvited. idk

Yes, that is correct.

Verdict watch:

Jury consists of 8 men, 4 women
Jurors 10, 17, 15 are alternates
Alternates are not excused, they will be in a separate room at the courthouse, in case they need to replace a sitting juror.

Jurors deliberated for 55:38 mins on Friday, May 3
The jury has set their deliberation schedule as 9-4:30pm M-F

The jury will continue deliberating this morning at 9:00am AZ time (PST) (10am MST, 11am CST, 12pm EST)

The defendant will be held in a holding cell at the courthouse during the deliberations.
If there are any jurors questions all parties need to be present before the judge reads the question in open court.

There will be a 30 minute notice (if not more ;)) before the verdict is read in open court.

Thanks so much for the schedule, I was getting ready to ask. :wave:

I believe the time they set is up to them. This is true of most juries. If it were me I'd be in that jury room at 8am this morning.

The jury set their schedule last Friday: 9:00-4:30. They should assemble and begin deliberations in a little less than an hour.

It's just past 11:00 for me (EDT). I will light a candle at noon.

I think his integrity and basic decency were most powerfully displayed during his closing. I bet 99% of other prosecutors would have finished with a re-enactment of the 29 stabs,. Frankly, I hoped he would. That he didn't spoke volumes about his respect for T's family, his confidence in the jury's intelligence and fairness, his belief in his own case, and his obvious passion for and confidence in the power of truth.

Yes, and I believe JM looks at that jury everyday and knows they "get it".

I can sense your tension over this - I feel the same way! I was never more sure of anything in my life in the CA case, never thought for one millisecond they could vote not guilty. I'm still scared. I honestly feel like if they were to return a not guilty this time I will have to go home for the day, I can't take another one. It will send me over the edge.

Every time I get the jitters over that "other trial" and it's results, I remember a certain beautiful young mother named Michelle Young.

It took a second trial, but the jury got it right, on much less evidence than this case, and her murdering husband is right where he should be.

Breathe <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member