Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see what u're saying and I conclude HLN is media and the court minutes are more real.

I wonder what that means tho? JM no authority?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have come to the conclusion that HLN, and everyone ON it, DISLIKES Juan Martinez. Nurmi gets "B's" on Dr. Drew and JM gets "D-'s" from other lawyers and "experts?" PLEASE! It's ABSOLUTELY ridiculous.

Personally, I love Nancy Grace. Always have. (I even pre-ordered my handcuff necklace. ;)) But when your panel includes folks from the National Enquirer, you have lost all credibility. And when your courthouse reporters and producers are called to the stand as potential defense witnesses, you as a network are overstepping bounds somewhere.

HLN is nothing more than a TV tabloid. I'll admit that I watch, but I much prefer the ID Channel. And, after this trial, that's likely where you'll find me. :twocents:

unless she held that gun on him the entire time she was there! I had that thought notice you don't see her hands in the pics

I thought it had to do with the BMW DIDNT she try to blame uhaul for ruining the engine?

I'm gonna stare @ the seal

Me too

th

Have a knot in my stomach....spousal unit comes in every hour or so asking if she's convicted yet, DD wants to go get Blinner...(what we call breakfast at IHOP after lunch but before dinner) and I want to go but don't want to go because I'm afraid I'll miss it!! sigh.....I am NOT a good waiter.

I'm still shaking my head at the whole Jon Dixon/Art Gallery thing and the possibility of her paintings hanging beside a Van Gogh or Monet.

moo

Especially when the art gallery features sci fi, comics, horror. Can't you see Monets along that artwork? :floorlaugh:

:waiting:

The house is spotless. I took a shower and even put makeup on (even though its just me and the dogs). I've already had one Diet Pepsi and now I think I'll have a Mike's Hard Lemonade, just cuz I can.

I don't have patience for this. :sigh:

I was contemplating a margarita but then I decided it was not not healthy for me to drink alone. I'm now contemplating again. :fence:

Of course it does! You can't read the words that are written, you must translste them to mean something completely different. ALV taught me that

lol....and it came directly from her trained brain!

Yes, but that wasn't the point, unless I'm not understanding the court minutes.

It was the Court that decided JM does not have the authority to offer nor accept any plea.

But HLN is blaming JM for the Court's decision?

Why sequester the jury???? She admitted killing him.

I'm having similar trouble. I'm very computer savvy, but each time that I try to change to the Justice for Travis avatar, I receive an error. One says the upload failed; the other "invalid file." Frustrating, but I'm with everyone in spirit.

I got an error also that said "upload of file failed" but it still worked.. I had to make sure it was .jpeg. Could that be your problem? Good luck!

Well..I am getting tired just looking at the seal also HLN has so many commercials I am learning all of them by heart..
it just ain't right.. I watched Columbo last night..now that guy knows how to play detective!

You mean for deliberations? Because I think it was excellent that they were not sequestered for the trial at least.

Just for deliberations. I happen to agree - too many distractions on the outside!

How does one go about "ignoring" a poster and what happens when you do so? tia. I am just curious

It wasn't a plea offer, it was a threat ("if we go to trial I will RUIN Travis's reputation")

the family and prosecutor called her bluff, yes she trashed travis and there were some difficult moments, but the trashing only hurt Jodi in the end and most likely by the end of this the family will have found some sense of relief in seeing Jodi's lies flushed down the sewer. With her to follow.

"""""""It wasn't a plea offer, it was a threat ("if we go to trial I will RUIN Travis's reputation")""""""

It was a combination of both.

In a July 2011 memorandum, Arias’ defense team tried to convince prosecutors to “discuss the resolution of the case within the parameters of the sentences available for second degree murder.” Attorneys argued that “it will require quite the feat of mental gymnastics” to prove the state’s felony murder theory to a jury.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE DOCUMENT

The document describes some of the evidence the defense planned to introduce at trial, much of it dealing with the nature of Arias and Alexander’s relationship. The defense claimed expert witnesses would testify about the “extremely demeaning, degrading, and abusive behavior” Alexander exhibited toward Arias.

According to the memorandum, Alexander’s texts, emails and voicemails will “paint a tawdry picture not of a choir boy steadfastly practicing his faith, but of a playboy expert manipulator and sexual deviant.” Text messages would also allegedly show that Alexander was upset at Arias and called her names, but in the days before his death Alexander still wanted Arias for sexual purposes.

In a letter to prosecutors in December 2010, Arias claimed that testimony about Alexander’s relationships at the trial would cause “collateral damage” to others in the Mormon community and tarnish Alexander’s memory, according to the memorandum. After sending that letter, Arias was informed that a second degree murder plea would not be possible.

In addition to arguing that a conviction on first degree murder would be difficult to obtain, the defense also claimed that a death sentence was unlikely because the murder was a product of the “chaotic and unhealthy” relationship between Arias and Alexander. As a result, they felt she had no incentive to plead to a charge more serious than second degree murder.

The defense stated that Arias could receive a more favorable verdict at trial, but she was willing to plead guilty to second degree murder to avoid causing more pain to Alexander’s friends and family and “because she has grave regrets for the falsehoods she told the media after Mr. Alexander’s death and how such falsehoods might have caused the family even more pain.”

No plea deal was ever reached. Arias’ defense is expected to begin presenting testimony to the jury on Tuesday.

Jodi Arias Tried To Negotiate A Plea Deal For 2nd Degree Murder

[video=youtube;zLktQxKxPgg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLktQxKxPgg[/video]

Yes. The family wants the DP. Gotta respect the family's wishes.

:seeya: ElleElle! Even Jodi herself said she wants the DP. I distinctly remember an interrogation clip in which she tells Det. Flores, "If I killed Travis, I would BEG for the Death Penalty." Careful what you wish for, Ms. Stabby... :scale:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi8773