Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question: If (when) Jodi is convicted, will she be taken to a prison or will she be housed in the county jail until sentencing?

Have a knot in my stomach....spousal unit comes in every hour or so asking if she's convicted yet, DD wants to go get Blinner...(what we call breakfast at IHOP after lunch but before dinner) and I want to go but don't want to go because I'm afraid I'll miss it!! sigh.....I am NOT a good waiter.

DH says as he was leaving today -- can you text me when a verdict is reached?

Wah, huh? He's shown NO interest in 4 months, and now wants me to tell him right away.

I about fell out of my chair! Or, maybe he's just wondering when I'll start cooking again.

:floorlaugh:

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial
9 hours ago
UPDATE: United we contacted Dior regarding Arias' copyrighted 'art'. Dior responded and are meeting with lawyers to issue a cease and desist notice. If she doesn't comply, legal proceedings will commence.

Well done Team Travis. It was this page who first posted the violations and you all took action - like the time we stood united against eBay. We did it again! #success #justice4travis

Lol I still don't get the comment made about the bad haircut and sexual orientation.

Hi Katie, IIRC the bad haircut is a reference to a jury question to DS, about would a bad haircut cause someone to go into the fog. The sexual orientation comment was in reference to people commenting about the sexual orientation of ALV (like it would ever matter).

I loved it when Juan said "what do we care if Mr. Nurmi has a bad haircut." :floorlaugh: I love the lawyer zings! :seeya:

I was contemplating a margarita but then I decided it was not not healthy for me to drink along. I'm now contemplating again. :fence:

:seeya:...ummm...don't worry...you're never alone...we virtually eat, drink and dance together here at WS...so ....Cheers! :floorlaugh:

Well I have sat radio in the car and the cell. Watch though. at 2:30 EST when I head to the school to pick up cheerbrat is when it will happen. I am doing this everyday this week so that is when it will happen. YOU CAN MARK MY WORDS.:facepalm:

I think you are safe - Jury will have a verdict - go to lunch and gather their thoughts - come back and confirm they are all on the same page - 5 PM EST.

No worries!:jail:

I was contemplating a margarita but then I decided it was not not healthy for me to drink along. I'm now contemplating again. :fence:

Plus they are very dangerous. You could severely cut your hand on the glass.

Ugh! I hate this. Celebrity acknowledgement. It only validates her, even if he is a schmuck.

What is the difference between The Donald and anyone else that have latched onto either side of this case, nothing they are all looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

I can't wait until I don't have to hear from any of them ever again!

Something has to give. I need to figure out a better system here. I am getting nothing done and I can't do NOTHING all week.

I guess when I come back from cheerbrat retrieval I will TRY to work. MR Red can make the second run.

Have a knot in my stomach....spousal unit comes in every hour or so asking if she's convicted yet, DD wants to go get Blinner...(what we call breakfast at IHOP after lunch but before dinner) and I want to go but don't want to go because I'm afraid I'll miss it!! sigh.....I am NOT a good waiter.
Can someone please tell me what this means : spousal "unit" I see parental unit, spousal unit , I've always just said my spouse or parents?

DH says as he was leaving today -- can you text me when a verdict is reached?

Wah, huh? He's shown NO interest in 4 months, and now wants me to tell him right away.

I about fell out of my chair! Or, maybe he's just wondering when I'll start cooking again.

:floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh: Weird! My DH told me to text him the verdict, too! I think it's the laundry in my case!:floorlaugh:

Yes, but that wasn't the point, unless I'm not understanding the court minutes.

It was the Court that decided JM does not have the authority to offer nor accept any plea.

But HLN is blaming JM for the Court's decision?

It wouldn't be up to Juan but his boss and his boss (DA) refused to plea the case which I am sure made Juan and Travis' family very happy.

Juan could have gone to the DA and told him he thought they should plea but imo he didn't because there is absolutely no reason to plea. He knows this IS a death penalty first degree case.

It is commonly known that Juan rarely enters a plea or even talks with the DA about pleaing but he goes to trial instead.

IMO

One more thing to keep in mind... whenever they DO reach a verdict, filling out the verdict forms will take a bit of time. I know, I know... that's not a laborious task but they have to go through and make sure everything is done properly so that on its own can take some time.

(As I try to talk myself down from climbing up the walls!)

C'mon already. This is driving me nuts. How the bleep did JSS get to add a lesser charge than 2nd degree. I think this heat of passion BS could be something one juror could be kicking around?? IDK. I'm just a wreck. :scared::panic:

Should I jump in the shower or run to the grocery store? That's usually when the pkg is delivered, important call comes or delivery man shows up. Wait all day, be out of pocket for 20 minutes. Then WHAM!

2 hrs deliberations already

what could they be arguing or not agreeing on?

Maybe a little payback for making them wait all the time...I'm hoping they are toying with Arias, making her think she has a shot...

I have come to the conclusion that HLN, and everyone ON it, DISLIKES Juan Martinez. Nurmi gets "B's" on Dr. Drew and JM gets "D-'s" from other lawyers and "experts?" PLEASE! It's ABSOLUTELY ridiculous.

Personally, I love Nancy Grace. Always have. (I even pre-ordered my handcuff necklace. ;)) But when your panel includes folks from the National Enquirer, you have lost all credibility. And when your courthouse reporters and producers are called to the stand as potential defense witnesses, you as a network are overstepping bounds somewhere.

HLN is nothing more than a TV tabloid. I'll admit that I watch, but I much prefer the ID Channel. And, after this trial, that's likely where you'll find me. :twocents:

What gets me thru out this trial TH on hln have accused jm of dragging this on! Comments like he should have just said this that or the other and shaddup! He's loosing the jury. While nurmi and wilmotts behaviour was totally off the hook ! They dragged this trial on. And on! Sensationalising the sex and DV with no proof. They had Jodie on the stand for 18 long painful days, they kept ALV and Samuels on for days. Juan got up there! Took care of business and sat down.
The defense was never criticised as much as jm. I did find it odd! That this defense DIDNT pull a Baez seeking media attention going on national tv and playing up to the cameras. They just weren't liked or sought out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi8773