Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya: ElleElle! Even Jodi herself said she wants the DP. I distinctly remember an interrogation clip in which she tells Det. Flores, "If I killed Travis, I would BEG for the Death Penalty." Careful what you wish for, Ms. Stabby... :scale:
Right
Ms. Stabby
Ms. Slasher
Ms.Shooter
Ms. Monster....:stormingmad:

Should be working instead of refreshing, but I admit it, my name is Kristen and I am a verdict watch addict....

My daughter said I'm obsessed with this case. I told her I'm not obsessed. I'm just very interested in it.....for many hours every day.

I want to call in sick today so bad. I cant. I wont. I shouldn't. I think i will tomorrow tho if no verdict today. Only working today and tomorrow this week. Now i just have to think of a good excuse. Does that make me a liar? :blushing:

Tell them you aren't able to go into detail but you have an important court DATE.

Praying for justice for Travis.

I so wish the jury could have seen the interrogation video of Jodi saying "if I killed Travis, I'd beg for the death penalty". Of course, that would have just been another lie. I'm curious to know how she would have explained that lie away if it had of been allowed in as evidence.

Fingers and toes crossed for a quick murder one, dp verdict today.

I have come to the conclusion that HLN, and everyone ON it, DISLIKES Juan Martinez. Nurmi gets "B's" on Dr. Drew and JM gets "D-'s" from other lawyers and "experts?" PLEASE! It's ABSOLUTELY ridiculous.

Personally, I love Nancy Grace. Always have. (I even pre-ordered my handcuff necklace. ;)) But when your panel includes folks from the National Enquirer, you have lost all credibility. And when your courthouse reporters and producers are called to the stand as potential defense witnesses, you as a network are overstepping bounds somewhere.

HLN is nothing more than a TV tabloid. I'll admit that I watch, but I much prefer the ID Channel. And, after this trial, that's likely where you'll find me. :twocents:

I agree 100%.

The HLN After Dark set they have set up right in front of the courthouse is about as classless as you can get. Travis' friends and family are all in that area waiting for a verdict and they're out there basically making a mockery of the entire thing. And making big bucks off the death of an innocent man. I believe the media should be allowed to cover trials, but there's a line you cross before you go too far and they crossed that line long ago.

JUAN LOVE :blushing:

images

[video=youtube;vdB-8eLEW8g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdB-8eLEW8g[/video]

One love, one heart, let's get together and feel alright.

That's us.

Where is Jodi during deliberations? Is she at the jail or is she in a holding cell at the courthouse?

In a cement holding cell practicing her speech to the media when she's acquitted on all counts. Oops, the fog knocked her silly

Plus they are very dangerous. You could severely cut your hand on the glass.

Lamb, you're completely overlooking the many dangers AROUND a margarita glass--like the metal shelves where they cool off after being washed!

Bet they're debating on gun first vs. knife first.

At work waiting......glad I can at least get to Web Sleuths to check in.

:floorlaugh: Weird! My DH told me to text him the verdict, too! I think it's the laundry in my case!:floorlaugh:

Mine just told me he does not want to hear anything else about the sicko. I am relistening to the radio show from last night. He is so MEAN.

Why is that seal up. There will be no live court unless there is a verdict. I hope people are not sitting staring at it. And I just wonder since so many can't stand HLN what station they are watching to get the verdict coverage? tia

I'm just waiting for the little guy on the seal to start a little dance :floorlaugh:

Can someone please tell me what this means : spousal "unit" I see parental unit, spousal unit , I've always just said my spouse or parents?

Clue me in too. I have never heard 'spousal unit' in my entire life.:floorlaugh:

Should I jump in the shower or run to the grocery store? That's usually when the pkg is delivered, important call comes or delivery man shows up. Wait all day, be out of pocket for 20 minutes. Then WHAM!

Yes, please go do that stuff. :giggle:

Have a knot in my stomach....spousal unit comes in every hour or so asking if she's convicted yet, DD wants to go get Blinner...(what we call breakfast at IHOP after lunch but before dinner) and I want to go but don't want to go because I'm afraid I'll miss it!! sigh.....I am NOT a good waiter.

You have time. The court will give advance notice.

Another question: If (when) Jodi is convicted, will she be taken to a prison or will she be housed in the county jail until sentencing?

Here's a really good script of what could happen based on the verdict:

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013...y-deliberations-possible-outcomes?hpt=hln10_1

If Arias is convicted of first-degree murder, the case then moves to the aggravation phase, which will be like a miniature trial.

She would stay at the local jail during this time.

If the jury votes for the death penalty, Arias would be sentenced immediately, and she is likely to be sent to death row within hours.

There are so many things that can happen, it's really hard to predict until the verdict is read.

MOO

Mel

Hehehe. We grew up saying "dupa"! We have polish/slovak roots.

Actually I am 1st generation Irish, my parents immigrated here as adults, but growing up in Chicago, there are lots of Polish areas. I have lived near a few highly Polish neighborhoods, I never knew it was a Polish word!! Thanks for that info.

From Wild About Trial !

5m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

http://wildabouttrial.com/court_documents/jodi-arias-trial-jury-instructions/ … #Jodi Arias #Trial Jury Instructions. #TravisAlexander #Verdict #CriminalJustice #News #Law #court #DeathPenalty

I really hope the jury gets that premeditation can be in that short moment before she murdered him. Just one moment of reflection. I don't want another case of the "what is reasonable doubt" misunderstanding from the FCA verdict.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy sIII (so please excuse the typos!)

A part of me wants the jury to deliberate forever. Make her sweat. Make her miss her meals and her commissary treats. Sit there alone and get used to it murderess!

Mel

Hah! That's a good way to look at it. I'd like to think she's sweating and has gastrointestinal distress, but the reality is that she's probably poofing up her hair and doing headstands so her cheeks look rosy when those jurors who will "never convict her" reach their verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aceofswords