Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we all help the mods and not post links that aren't allowed here.
Also, let's not quote the post either.
There is an alert button if something isn't allowed, we can alert.
I'm sure the mods are busy enough as it is. :)

Other than anti-victim links, what others aren't allowed here? I'd appreciate a brief heads-up so I don't ignorantly tresspass the rules.

I think the problem for felony murder is you would have to believe she took TA gun which he did not own.

But if for some reason there is a juror who does not believe it was premeditated, and somehow believes her story of the gun in the closet, then they can vote felony murder which still falls under the Murder 1 umbrella. IIRC

OT:

Judge Perry has Baez pegged right when he said he came across as a used car salesman.

And a lot of people have been taken in by those kind of snake oil salesmen.
I personlly did not like the used carsaleman/snake oil saleman defense attony. I consider this type of person always trying to take adantage of you and should not be trusted.

I think the CA jurors are not smart enough to handle the circustantial evidence case. They might have been stuck on they don't know for sure the cause of death, don't know it was murder hence their conclusion Not Guilty.

Between getting justice for Callie vs escaping punishment for CA, Cindy and Gorge made their decision clear through their testimony. I guess they got their wishes.

Please this time! It couldn't happen again...very worried. Quick let's ho7ld hands and pray.

I forgot to listen to Trish's Talk Radio last night, so I am listening now, while waiting for the jury to start deliberations today. Here is a quick link in case anyone else missed it. So far, Chris Hughes is fascinating.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...as-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern

I listened to the show last night and I agree it was fascinating to listen to CSH and hear the insights that Skye and he had re JA. He really threw some light on her manipulations. I hope the jury has had a glimmer of that and that they do the right thing!

So many things of relevance like her stalking and obsession with TA were never testified to yet the whole defense strategy was to throw in as many irrelevant red herrings such as DA and pedophelia. Hopefully the jury sees through all that carp!

I'm thinking about the Alexander family and Travice's friends - may they see TA get the justice he so rightly deserves!

Judge Perry was just on HLN. He agrees with everybody else in the world, the evidence was there to find her guilty. Another slap in the face to the 12 people that sat in court day after day, and couldn't put 2 and 2 together. I doubt they are smart enough realize they've been called the most &%$#() people in the world.........again!

I saw that and agree. I hope some (if not all) of those jurors saw his interview. Shame on them for letting CA walk the streets.

I just hope these jurors get it right. This young man needs justice. What JA did was overkill out of rage and if they can't see that ... lord help us all.

I mentioned the CA trial only because of the P12, not because of any similarity in the cases as I find there to be none. I was, however, incredibly confident in the evidence presented in the CA trial, much like I am for this one. This is where the comparison comes in. I am gunshy because 12 people in Florida didn't want to spend any more time finding justice for Caylee, they only wanted to get home. They didn't ask for a single shred of evidence before coming back with their verdict. That is not justice and it certainly isn't how our system is intended to work. I'm still very frustrated by that verdict and to know that our system has the ability to be so incredibly faulty makes me a bit gunshy.

But...I have much more confidence in this jury. I hope they do the right thing!

The FCA trial was a travesty of justice...MOO

I'm hoping the defense won't bring her back for the penalty phase. They can't be that stupid can they?

Maybe ALV is trying to add to her under preforming retirement fund?

i confess to not listening to all of Nurmi's closing argument last week. how much emphasis did he put on ALV's testimony? cuz i think she's a joke at this point and i think the DT knows it.

I think the problem for felony murder is you would have to believe she took TA gun which he did not own.

I understood it to mean the minute she attacted TA she became unwelcome in his home and that made it a felony. She was there uninvited. idk

Regarding a 1st degree murder charge, if the jury chooses a life sentence for Arias...

If the jury chooses a life sentence instead, the judge will set a sentencing date within 30 to 60 days. At that time, the judge will sentence Arias to life in prison without parole or life with eligibility for parole after 25 years.

So that means that the judge actually decides if it will be LWOP, not the jury? TIA!

Well, conceptually, jury duty is a civic responsibility. Not something for which you're entitled to compensation. The purpose of the reimbursement is to prevent making doing your civic duty so burdensome that a jury can't be seated because every potential juror would be excused on economic hardship grounds, and because justice would not be served if the jurors would be compelled by economic considerations to get out of there asap. jmo

I was fortunate enough to work for a company that paid my full wages and I was permitted to keep the check from the court to cover my expenses, mileage and meals. Not every company will do that so I do see this case as being particularly hard on the jurors because of the time involved. I do hope they get compensated as they deserve it.

Hey everyone, Good morning :) I'll be wearing my Justice For Travis necklace until the verdict comes in. I won't mind if the jury takes a few days, part of me thinks it won't take them that long :) but if it does I'm going to try to keep calm, Juan Martinez did a wonderful job tearing down all the lies JW, KN, the expert witnesses, and JA put out there. I believe the jury knows the truth and will come back with the right verdict!

Burglary is also a felony. JM explained last week that at the point JA was stabbing Travis, it would be easy to say she was no longer welcomed in his home and therefore commiting a felony. So either way, she's toast.

I've attached a couple of felony screen shots from the jury instructions.

Attachments

• fel1.jpg
    fel1.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 8
  • fel2.jpg
    fel2.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 10
She absolutely cannot control her rage, even in a Courtroom where her life is on the line. She is not fit for our society.

She thinks she's so clever. I can't wait for her to move into her new home and starts up with her bratty little shenanigans.

I'm waiting on the first news report of Arias being transferred to the prison hospital. Cause that's where she's heading if she starts up in Perryville. No one has time or interest in her lame a$$ BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh thank you Beach!!!!!! I wanted a ribbon and your help is appreciated.:seeya::seeya:

Please this time! It couldn't happen again...very worried. Quick let's ho7ld hands and pray.

I can sense your tension over this - I feel the same way! I was never more sure of anything in my life in the CA case, never thought for one millisecond they could vote not guilty. I'm still scared. I honestly feel like if they were to return a not guilty this time I will have to go home for the day, I can't take another one. It will send me over the edge.

I'm naturally suspicious of charmers, especially those trying to sell me something. Juan Martinez doesn't rely on charm at all. In fact, it's almost like he goes out of his way not to people-please. He exudes passion, intelligence, integrity, and a clear sense that he's not trying to fool anyone.

I think his integrity and basic decency were most powerfully displayed during his closing. I bet 99% of other prosecutors would have finished with a re-enactment of the 29 stabs,. Frankly, I hoped he would. That he didn't spoke volumes about his respect for T's family, his confidence in the jury's intelligence and fairness, his belief in his own case, and his obvious passion for and confidence in the power of truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member