Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
10 of them have to agree I believe.

All 12 have to agree to either felony murder or premeditated murder but it can be 10 believing in the former and 2 in the latter or any combination of the 2.

I was thinking in bed last night........

For all that JA has done, she has not and will not ever receive the fame and spotlight she craves:

She will never become an artist in her own right. Her doodles will never hang in a gallery. There will be no "Opening", no "Featured Artist", no write ups in the main stream art world, not even a "Flash-in-the-Pan".

Her photographs will never grace the walls of museums. They will never be seriously critiqued for substance or style. Professional camera ads will never feature her as the photographer that uses their product.

She will never be acknowledged for being a "beautiful woman", natural or otherwise. She will never be used as the "model" for print ads. She won't be in her plastic surgeon's photo book of clients.

JA will never be a wife, a mother, or grandmother. She will never have a cat or a dog. She won't ever get to smell that new car smell, the sea air, the mountain woods, or a stream running through a canyon.

Try as she may, 18 days on the stand, and almost 5 years of legal wrangling, the trial has been about Travis, and it has always BEEN about Travis. Even when he was being accused of the most vile things, it was ALWAYS about Travis.

JA just doesn't get it. It's NOT all about her. She is a nobody. Her name will be forgotten. She has no legacy. Her future appeals will probably never see the light of a one liner in the newspaper.

Travis Alexander will live on, through his family and friends, and all the people who have been touched by his life. His dreams will continue through others and he will continue to change the lives of others who got a rough start in life. His love for animals will continue through others, and children will broaden their minds with books that enlighten and challenge through his legacy.

Let's pray that justice is swift, and JA is forgotten in a cell.......

:twocents:

good post.

I truly believe that once the verdict is read and she is sentenced, we will not hear a peep about her until the day comes for her execution. her [Dlisted]fame that she probably feels she has right now will be completely gone very very soon.

the people following this have a goal - that is to see justice.
the people following HER as a fan have a goal - to mooch off her [Dlisted] fame and get their own if possible [ie Donavon].

her time on all facets is almost up.

Of course, I hope the Jury gives the killer the worst but for themselves, I hope they blow off some steam, make people wait a bit. Poetic Justice. Let them decompress and get their gripes out amongst each other, then saunter in and tell the killer Guilty on Murder 1, premeditated and felony.

Can't wait to hear GUILTY today!!! It's coming... not if, but when.

I have to leave for work around 3:30 ish and into the eve. I'm not sure I will even check to see if a verdict is in until I get home. I am confident it will be Murder 1 but I know I will cry.Thoughts and Prayers to the Alexander Family and friends. I cant even imagine their anxiety. I had to take a Gravol. Last nights radio show was amazing. Very emotional. If anyone has not listened I invite you to.

...sucks not having a live feed while we wait. I want to be able to see Jodi furiously writing and drawing and her creepy eyes darting all around.

Now that is a great idea :floorlaugh:

They could even charge admission to the Spy Cam setup in Jodis room with proceeds going to reimburse the taxpayers. :floorlaugh:

around.... glad to see the jury clock moving. Why did it start over and not add to the 55 minutes from Friday?

Still fasting on lemon water, just lit a few candles.... waiting for the verdict buzzer by the end of the day... PRAYING AND HOPING!

Ah, yes I was going to ask if it was German! It is also the homeland of my ancestors - from Lörrach (about 13 miles from Basel, Switzerland). My great-great-grandmother was born to the caretaker in the residence that is now a restaurant on Rötteln Castle property. I not only adore the food, but (obviously the beer), the people and the beauty of the country.

Nice to meet you!:seeya:

I have a great grandmother that came from Bern Switzerland in the late 1800's.

Let go...Let God

That's what I'm gonna do!

I wish that was my problem! I just ate a handful of dried pasta noodles because I'm a nervous eater and needed something crunchy. WTH!

1268682414_dog-has-dinner.gif

Dried pasta noodles???

I just listened to the Chris Hughes interview on Tricia's crime radio...it was sooo interesting and just confirmed EVERYTHNG I had concluded about her. His story about how at the San Bernandino conference she would walk past the other banquet hall filled with men and flip her hair in front of the mirror, etc.. That sounds just like her. And how she would flirt with married men, when she was the one on the stand who was making a big deal of Travis talking to a married woman. And how she would try to make Travis jealous by telling him or making up that someone was flirting with her.

So, I'm sitting here near my open window. It's absolutely beautiful outside. It smells like summer and reminds me of summers at my grandma's house when I was little.

Something feels good today. Something feels right. I think God is shining down on us today and I think he's bringing justice. I can feel it in my bones.

I can sense your tension over this - I feel the same way! I was never more sure of anything in my life in the CA case, never thought for one millisecond they could vote not guilty. I'm still scared. I honestly feel like if they were to return a not guilty this time I will have to go home for the day, I can't take another one. It will send me over the edge.

I think many of us are nervous. I'm like you on the verge of falling apart, heck typing on my kindle is even harder as my fingers are all thumbs! Hold on tight and pray with us.

Sorry to hear the TH's saying decision will not come down today. I disagree. If they are in agreement, murder one is the only thing they can come up with. I look for a decision in the next 2-3 hours. Just to dot t's and cross i's.

IMO as long as it takes to come to the right decision, the only just decision, Murder 1... fine. If there's a juror or two (or more) who need to take their time and it takes longer than today, so be it. This is one of the biggest decisions of their life and they take it seriously. Just render the correct verdict.

The TH's are just there to fill time and space. Very annoying. :banghead:

I think his point was that the jury shouldn't convict her because they don't like her. Iow, they both have a job to do and their job has nothing to do with personal feelings about the defendant. That's how I took it, anyway. jmo
I took it that way too, but still such an off thing to say; he should have never said it, considering the case was built on making Jodi the victim of an abusive peadophile who was only defending herself. I get what Nurmi was trying to do, but it would have been better had he said some thing like, 'look, you don't have to like her etc etc etc...'

I'm not a lawyer of any sort, but I would have left the 'nine out of ten days i don't like jodi' sentence on the cutting room floor due to its subtext.

All IMO, of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member