Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the jurors want to have a read back or see exhibits do they have to ask or is it within their reach- does anyone know?

AZlawyer answered this in the legal thread:

K_Z asked:

During deliberations, what is the process the jury uses if they wish to re-examine a piece of evidence? Do they fill out a form requesting each piece they wish to see?

Do they simply ask the bailiff and it is brought to them?

Do they get to touch the evidence, such as the photographs they saw projected on large screens in court? Does the bailiff remain present while they examine the evidence to make sure it is not damaged (in case it is needed again)?

Can they deliberate at the courthouse "after normal business hours" if they plan to do this ahead of time, or are they confined to deliberations during the hours of 9-5?

Are meals brought to them, or do they recess to go to a restaurant on their own?

AZlawyer answered:

All the evidence will be in the room with them, except anything that could be damaged by handling. For anything like that, they would have to ask the bailiff.

They will have the photos, yes.

I doubt they will be able to deliberate on a regular basis after the security guards go home, but I'm not sure what time that is. If they are close to a decision and ask to stay late one night, though, the judge might be able to get overtime approved for security.

Normally, they would have to get their own food over the lunch hour. Most jurors go to the court cafeteria.

So annoying, a few minutes ago, KP of HLN said jurors were in their second hour of deliberations.

Aww, come on HLN, please report accurately.

Do I have this wrong, didn't the jurors just start deliberations at 12:00 Eastern.

:banghead:

I believe they are counting the 55 minutes from Friday JMO

Geez, I hope I can actually get some work done today!

HLN says judge is entering the courtroom and I have the seal on AZ Central.

So annoying, a few minutes ago, KP of HLN said jurors were in their second hour of deliberations.

Do I have this wrong, didn't the jurors just start deliberations at 12:00 Eastern.

Its 12:30 Eastern

picture.php

I've heard some say that the jurors took 15 minutes to decide that Wendi Andriano was guilty of murder. In the video of the trial they say 2 and a half hours to decide that she was guilty. (not sentencing phase).

ETA: "The jury deliberated for eight hours and decided that Wendi Andriano’s lawyers didn’t present enough evidence for leniency in the penalty phase of the trial. The same jury that condemned Wendi Andriano to death on Wednesday convicted her Nov. 18 of first-degree murder after 2 1/2 hours of deliberation."

I heard Jean C say it was a male defendant that Martinez prosecuted that the jury came back in 15 min with guilty 1st degree

Wow. Missed that one! It DOES look like she just did a throat slash for Juan. It really does! She is one messed up psychopath.
I didn't see that the first time and had to rewind. She is truly a freak.
It was like she had to make this motion and tried to hide it. How Utterly Bizarre!

They are including the 55 minutes from Friday. Still too long if you ask me.

But didn't they deliberate for a little while on Friday?

I think they were including the hour on Friday.

:floorlaugh: I have checked my phone for a new text message about 50 times already even though I think it will beep at me when it happens.

I tried to get this on my phone, did you do it through text. Mine came back as failed

Is it when she flipped him off?

No she very obviously and clearly uses her thumb to make a cutting motion across her throat.

This is no scratch. She's nuts to do this while the prosecutor is talking. This could easily be considered some kind of threat to the prosecution.

I would take this as a threat if I were talking and she made this motion behind my back.

HLN is including Friday's hour in the watch clock calculation.

I just have to say, while trying to catch up to y'all and reading posts...It warms my heart to see all of the Justice for Travis avatars :)

Best case...she freaks when verdict is read, bolts towards JM, gets zapped by belt, Flores intercepts her and slams her zapped butt to the ground...like a linebacker.

:floorlaugh::lol:

I usually rely on user's avatars when scrolling through quickly (visual person), but today with our sea of blue Justice for Travis ribbons, we are all one.... so I'll be indiscriminately liking posts. Especially when we get to the Guilty verdict, please consider all of your posts *LOVED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member