Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NG just tweeted that Donald Trump will be on her show tonight to give Jodi some advice. :facepalm:
Ick.

Thank you sooo much for changing my avi beach!! You rock :rockon:

Now I feel complete. I have my blue ribbon avi, my blue cup with special drank (haha) my porch light on & a royal blue, baby blue & teal striped shirt on. I have boiled crawfish & chocolate chip cookies for dessert at my place here in southern Louisiana... Everyone dig in:) Prayers are up and any negative thoughts are out the door. LET'S DO THIS!!!

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS:heart:

BBM. ;) Boiled crawfish in the chocolate chip cookies??!! Wow! You southerners really like your crawfish! :floorlaugh: (Just teasing!)

Sometimes we northerners put walnuts in our chocolate chip cookies! :seeya:

Best case...she freaks when verdict is read, bolts towards JM, gets zapped by belt, Flores intercepts her and slams her zapped butt to the ground...like a linebacker.

She does get body-slammed a lot, according to her anyway.

[video=youtube;i1ej5gFO_Co]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1ej5gFO_Co[/video]

I didn't see that the first time and had to rewind. She is truly a freak.
It was like she had to make this motion and tried to hide it. How Utterly Bizarre!

Maybe she also has a touch of OCD and that was her way of satisfying the compulsion.

Good morning all :seeya: I just spoke with my husband, who is deployed to Afghanistan, and wanted to share something with you all. Before he left (in February), my husband watched the trial with me & like all of us, is convinced JA is guilty of murder 1. He often doesn't have access to the Internet, so he hasn't been able to keep up with the trial 100%, but knew the jury got the case on Friday. At the end of each week, his squad (the group of soldiers he's in charge of) gets together & each person says who they are keeping in their thoughts. Of course, every week it's their families, their friends & other loved ones, well this week my husband also included "Travis Alexander, his family and all of those who loved him, may he finally receive justice" & after that, they tied a few blue strings (no ribbon lol) around their camp. I just wanted to share that with everyone as it gave me a sense of comfort & strength which we all need as we wait for justice!!

So when the verdict is reached, how does the jury let the judge know? Sends a message, phone call? what?

Thanks.

My cousin and I were just talking and she asked me when I thought there would be a verdict. (This is the first trial she has ever watched) I told her I thought it would be quick. She asked me why.
MY answer.... 1. because of the jury hours. These people have given up 4 months of their lives already, they have to be ready to get back to their lives, but they chose deliberating hours 9am-4:30pm. 2.) I think they appointed a juror foreman on Friday and took an initial vote. And decided from that vote they didn't feel they would need extended hours. 3. they were able to ask questions throughout the trial so many questions have been answered already. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

That's what I thought too when I saw the jury schedule.

I think the jury may by p$$$$ed that Nurmi asked for aggravated manslaughter!!! Now HLN is saying JA was going to plea to LWOP but JM said no and how it is costing the taxpayers all this money. JM must have gotten some input from the family to proceed with the death penalty or he may have accepted.

The District Atty had to agree they had enough evidence to proceed.

I think the jury may by p$$$$ed that Nurmi asked for aggravated manslaughter!!! Now HLN is saying JA was going to plea to LWOP but JM said no and how it is costing the taxpayers all this money. JM must have gotten some input from the family to proceed with the death penalty or he may have accepted.

HLN is wrong, the plea was for 2nd degree.

Some TH lawyers were saying that they have (or would) say that about an unlikable client. They don't want the jury looking at the defense lawyer and wondering "how could he defend that evil beast?" they want the jury to know it's a job and that the attorney probably doesn't feel a whole lot differently than they do about the defendant.

However the same TH remarked about Nurmi's complete lack of compassion for his client or his job during closing. They said for the the most part any decent defense lawyer can muster some compassion or even plain old passion for the jury, something Nurmi completely failed to do.

Probably because he just can't stand her, job or no job. And given the comparison to JW and the sorority sister BFF act I think I have more respect for Nurmi and his "I don't have it in me to pretend on this one" than JW's behavior.
BBM and IMO only

Right. I would have said, 'you don't have to like her.' I would not have said that nine out of ten days I don't like her, because it gives the jury permission to not like her, because hey, even her defense lawyer can't stand her. Why is that?

KWIM?

I'm probably over thinking this. I'm a bundle of nerves.

She will smirk and act as cool and collected as she did on the 48 hours mystery as she lied through her teeth. She will deny everyone the pleasure of watching her reaction, because it will infuriate everyone.

I'm sure she thinks they will find some reason to appeal, etc. She doesn't seem to accept reality well.

Does anyone know if the jurors will take an actual lunch break outside the building? Are they able to order food to be delivered so that they can continue deliberations through the lunch period?

My god the suspense is killing me and its only 50mins in

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

tumblr_ml8f7dfPDK1rmw3n3o1_500.jpg

So when the verdict is reached, how does the jury let the judge know? Sends a message, phone call? what?

Thanks.

They notify the baillif and the baillif goes and tells the judge.

That's why I stopped watching HLN. I watched the last half of the trial live streamed. You don't get all these "opinions". That aside, I am a nervous wreck waiting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli