Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So when the verdict is reached, how does the jury let the judge know? Sends a message, phone call? what?

Thanks.

A juror (presumably the foreperson) knocks on the jury door and the bailiff takes the note to the judge.

This is the same for any questions they might have, everything has to be in writing and a bailiff is assigned outside of the jury room.

(Juan) singular sensation, every little step (he) takes
(Juan) thrilling combination, every move that (he) makes
(Juan) smile and suddenly nobody else will do
You know you'll never be lonely with you know who.

(Juan) moment in (his) presence, and you can forget the rest
For the (guy) is second best to none, son
Oooh! Sigh! Give (him) your attention
Do I really have to mention (he's) the (Juan).

(He) walks into a room and you know (he's)
uncommonly rare, very unique,
peritpatetic, poetic, and chic
(He) walks into a room and you know from (his)
maddening poise, effortless whirl
(He's) a special guy, strolling

Can't help all of (his) qualities extolling
Loaded with charisma
Jauntily, sauntering, ambling, shambler
(Juan) and you know you must
Shuffle along, join the parade
(He's) the quintessential of making the grade
This is whatcha call trav'ling.

Oh, strut your stuff!
Can't get enough!
Ooh! Sigh. Give (him) your attention
Do I really have to mention
He's the (Juan)!

[video=youtube;tyZeGOsR9IA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyZeGOsR9IA[/video]

The waiting is tense when a jury is deliberating any case but these words makes my heart flip flop when I hear them. "The jury has reached a verdict.'

Then I really go all to pieces until the verdict is read.:scared:

Please jury give justice to Travis. Do the right thing.

IMO

I'm going to be a nervous trembling WRECK! :facepalm:

2 Questions....

When Jodi testified:
"If I'm convicted, that's because of my own bad choices"
Juan objected...

1) Was his objection sustained?
and...
2) Why did JM object?

I think he objected because she was trying to gain sympathy from the jury. MO

She does get body-slammed a lot, according to her anyway.

Yeah. Just like killers who cut themselves during the crime. Their excuse for their blood in an area " oh I bleed all the time". What? Who bleeds all the time? :scared:

That isn't true. They wanted 2nd Degree with 22 years (less time served). Big difference. I saw the legal document someone posted...the defense went so far as to say they wanted to "spare" the family of spewing all the sorid details of Travis & that pig's sex life etc. This came from Nurmi (the sleezebag sexual molestor attorney). The JM & family said...bring it on and boy did they! I refuse to watch HLN anymore, certainly not the pundits.

Best case...she freaks when verdict is read, bolts towards JM, gets zapped by belt, Flores intercepts her and slams her zapped butt to the ground...like a linebacker.

Nurmi's close re Jodi being in a life or death fight for her life was ludicrous, given her lack of injuries. I think JW's opening statement that only one of them would get out of that bathroom alive was the same malarkey. The whole defense was an assault on the jury's intelligence and common sense.

2 Questions....

When Jodi testified:
Juan objected...

and...
2) Why did JM object?

I cant remember if it was sustained but she was trying to garner sympathy from the jurors and she is not allowed to do that.

Going on hour one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From WAT !

18m
Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

If you have't liked our facebook page it's a great time to do so now. http://www.facebook.com/wildabouttrial Thanks! #JodiArias

17m

Staple lady and the sherrif deputies giggle and chat. Presumably talking about staple strength and techniques. #JodiArias

15m

It's about this time when I would get a weird stare from Nurmi as I tweet out his fashion report. No attorneys present though. :( #JodiArias

14m

Mike B. has joined in the fun up front by Staple Lady. I had a dream I knootered up there and started stapling stacks of paper. #JodiArias

12m

I don't see Valerie yet, some other person is in her place at the moment. Valenator is the best! #JodiArias

11m

I guess I can spend this time continuing to remove cat hair from my fine versace linens. #JodiArias

9m

It's quiet times like this where the squeaking from my gum is really bothersome. Can they not make gum that doesn't squeak? #2013 #JodiArias

For those asking about my ankle.. thank you. It sucks but it's not stopping me from living the dream. #JodiArias

I am getting nothing done. I have a kid run @2:30.

Sent from my left shoe using GetSmart Technology

2 Questions....

When Jodi testified:
Juan objected...

and...
2) Why did JM object?

What?? I did not know about this, good question, why would he object?

They set random items in the jury room aflame, to send up white smoke.

Er, wait, no. That's for popes. Ignore me!

LOL, before reading this I had just muttered "Habemus verdict" to myself.
:floorlaugh:
Yeah, I need some fresh air. :facepalm:

I think the jury may by p$$$$ed that Nurmi asked for aggravated manslaughter!!! Now HLN is saying JA was going to plea to LWOP but JM said no and how it is costing the taxpayers all this money. JM must have gotten some input from the family to proceed with the death penalty or he may have accepted.

I think HLN TH has it wrong.

Justice for Travis!

One more very interesting thing that Chris Hughes said: (on True Criime Radio)
He said after the May 26 texts b/w Jodi and Travis, she sent Travis an e-mail which said (paraphrasing): I did not do two things that you said I did...I did not slash your tires and I did not steal your journals. And what Chris said is that she was already planning the murder at this point, and so she sent this e-mail to put in record that she did not do these AGRESSIVE things to Travis. He noted that she did NOT DENY any other other things he said she did, only the things that would be seen as AGRESSIVE. So she was already planning everything at the point of that e-mail. Also, from what he sid, it sounded like that was the only thing she wrote in that e-mail...and we all know how verbose Jodi usually was in her e-mails to men, especially sympathy e-mails trying to win them back. It would be very unusual for them to have a big fight, and she wrote this short e-mail to him. So I am convinced like Chris is that she had begun planning by this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli