Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been isolating so much during this trial.. For the past several months it's been me, you guys, and my laptop. Now I feel sooo guilty. An elderly neighbor, who likes to visit with my young indoor cats, just came to the door with a bag of treats for them. I thanked her for the treats while she gave them to the kitties just inside the door, but didn't invite her in to visit. I could tell she was thinking "What's up with this?" I practically closed the door in her face. But I'm determined nothing is taking me away from Verdict Watch! This trial is making me crazy!!!

Oh shoot. I apologize for that.

Chelly, you can always invite her into the WebSleuths clan! Nothing better for verdict watching than sharing it with a friend (and a friend who loves your kittehs, to boot)!

No guilt needed. We're all :scared: right now.

It's going to be at least 45 mins til we get a verdict. Why don't you pop over there quickly with an apology and tell her you're quite busy at the moment but look forward to catching up with her soon? I'm sure you'll feel better for that. I have a real soft spot for my elderly neighbours. Life's short.

This! I agree. You aren't going to miss anything for at least the next two hours. The jurors have to break for lunch and there will be one hour heads up even if they reach the verdict as soon as they get back. I know how you feel, I have felt the same way, with the guilt. Pop on over. You'll feel better and she'll feel even better that you made the effort to go to her.

Am I the only person that does not care for Chris Hughes? He probably is a great person - I do not know what it is about him when he talks about Travis Alexander (but something about him "rubs" me the wrong way).

I was uncomfortable with his self improvement and spiritual growth "through the marketplace". Like whaaa?

I thought KCL was somehow initially involved in tHe email, generous benefactor affair? I know KCL did lots to raise funds for Alexander family and I thought Hughes would recognize her? strange.

No, that came later...she's been involved with Michael more recently.

:seeya: Rose! I know what you mean about the diet coke. But if you have any lemon or lime juice around, a squirt or splash in any diet soda really helps tone down the aftertaste. :moo:

Is it? I'll try that. Thanks! My tastebuds were terrified like what is that?! :scared:

I would probably wait until after lunch also....you never know-they may cater something pretty good for lunch.:seeya:

HLN says they have to buy their own lunches.:facepalm:

Do they eat outside the jury room? Because at this point, I can't imagine them going anywhere without hearing someone talk about this trial or the verdict. How can they possibly get away from outside influences unless they are in a bubble? And the DT prolly has a detective on each one of them just hoping for a catch so they can shout mistrial.

OT: There is a God! My daughter was in a head on collision this am traveling at 70 mph on the interstate when a vehicle crossed the median. All persons involved were wearing seat belts (6 persons in the other vehicle and just my daughter in hers, as she was on her way home from the night shift as a nurse). So far she is ok, we will see what tomorrow holds. Rough morning here. Thanks

OMG! Thank God she is ok! I will pray for all involved! Take a deep breath, Mama! Your girl is okay :):):)

I was uncomfortable with his self improvement and spiritual growth "through the marketplace". Like whaaa?

This case is about Travis so Chris Hughes was paying tribute to Travis by talking about inspired Travis, what Travis was passionate about.

I found it to be very touching.

I think it is going to take them awhile. Even if they are all on the same page, they need to have all the main points of evidence discussed among them. They have no reason to be in a hurry. They are not sequestered. They are not wrking long hours as a juror. They have had lots of down time. I think they are going to spend several more hours discussing the case. JMO

It would be fantastic if the clerk of court read the verdict as follows:

"We the jury find the defendant JAA, guilty of 1st degree murder. We convicted you - Mark our words!"

Would that be permissible?? :)

And we thought the days waiting for court to start were long..... ugggghhhh.....

Mexican Village in the 'burbs.

Mmmm that is a Mexican place here. I missed Cinco DE Mayo due to fasting. My hubby has gone to get me some take out for Seis de Mayo :doh: (did I spell six right?)
FOOD IS ON IT'S WAY!!!!
Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Sounds so good!

...Unless there is a verdict today in which case it's burned pasta/sauce or take-out, loved ones can take their pick. :floorlaugh:

In my house we call that "Fend for yourself night"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Ripley