Verdict Watch 05/07/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you. I trust juries to do the right thing. I just want to be here when they announce it, so I can cheer or cry, depending ...

BBM

I am definitely not in a panic. Not at all.

That pocket hose keeps tempting me. lol
But, if I ever start considering smooth tip catheters or wondering if I need to contact a lawyer about a mesh sling implant (never had that surgery) ... I'll know its time to step away from the TV. :)

OT
On that note, I find it incumbent upon me to tell you that mesh sling implants aren't the giant issue the commercials would make you think. I work in a Urologist office and if you need a urethral sling for stress incontinence (peeing when you sneeze, cough, etc) or one for pelvic organ prolaspe (fallen bladder, uterus, etc) don't run the other way just because of mesh, just make sure you have an experienced and skilled surgeon. 95%+ of the issues we see in our office with mesh are due to how it was implanted.

With all the women I know are on here I thought it would be good to know after seeing that stinking commercial on HLN ad nauseum.

Can you imagine what the family of travis is feeling right now.

Sorry to ask about the collateral damage, the context of all parties' relationship and affiliation with the LDS Church, and so on - from Defendant's Settlement Conference Memorandum again.

However - I really want to know what Arias thought when she wrote this. Why would Nurmi include such a bizarre letter in the memorandum?

Thanks to anyone that can "shed" some light on this - this is the first thread that I have seen this memorandum.

Just came across 'Defendant's Settlement Conference Memorandum".
If you missed it, it's worth a raised eyebrow or two. Einstein, she's not!
http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.c...riasngfile.pdf

What is the amount of collateral damage to other individuals that would occur during the trial?

What does "when you consider them in the context of all parties' relationship and affiliation with the Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints, they become a very big deal?"

Is Arias writing this? Does she believe that the LDS Church would be afraid of her?

What does "marriages, standing within the religious communities would be affected, personal friendships would be affected, and most of all the very poignant and cherished memories of Mr. Alexander would be tarnished," mean?

Was Arias so delusional that she believes that Travis Alexander was a prophet that also serves as President of the Church? Did Arias think that Travis Alexander was an extremely important part of the LDS Church? For example, if Travis Alexander happened to be Catholic instead of Mormon - would Arias believe that Travis Alexander was The Pope?

Travis Alexander is a wonderful person - but he was an average person (like the majority of us are).

I do not know what exactly Arias (or whoever wrote this) thought - that The State would back down because an average human being that happened to be Mormon had premarital sex?

Did Arias honestly believe that she had 'relationships' (Travis Alexander, PPL, Travis Alexander's friends) with the top echelon of society - the global elite?

Really, these statements "when you consider them in context of all parties' relationship and affiliation with the LDS Church they become a very big deal ... poignant and cherished memories of Travis Alexander would be tarnished," sound strange.

Did Arias think that the LDS church would stop her murder trial before letting "the secret" that Travis Alexander had premarital sex?

Maryellenabc15 "The five juror's return chatting and smiling -- ready for more deliberations."

I needed that laugh! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

My neighbor has a pocket hose, and when you are spraying, the hose shrinks and isn't very powerful. I was disappointed to hear that, since I really wanted one. I don't want a drizzlier, though!

I bought 3 pocket hoses to replace the heavy black hand staining hose that came with the house. NO DRIZZLE HERE> i hooked all 3 together and works like a dream !!!! SO light and easy to handle.

Someone on that jury feels they have reasonable doubt. That's the only explanation.

Maybe they've decided to make Jodi pay for her 18 days on the stand.

Maybe they don't have air-conditioning at home.

Maybe they're gossiping about why #5 and #8 got the boot.

Maybe they're sticking pins in a defense attorney doll.

Maybe they're being replaced, one by one, with aliens.

Maybe the two women are split on who'd you rather, Horn or Melendez. (Has there been a call for strawberry banana jello?)

Maybe they're discussing the evidence.

Maybe they'll tell us when they're done.

No, no medic. They towed the car to the city impound lot. I was amazed too that she didn't arrest me. She put me in the back of her car for a while but I was so out of it I don't know what she was doing all that time. I assumed I was being arrested. My boyfriend says she probably thought I was hurt and didn't want to deal with having to hold me in the hospital. I say the donut shop was about to close and she didn't have time to take me "downtown."

the donut shop was about to close? :scared: Here Timmies stays open 24/7. (except Dec 25th) Couldn't survive mornings or late nights otherwise. :floorlaugh:

I know this is 100% Off Topic but since we are all here wasting time until the Verdict drops...I thought I would let people know what a sad week this has already been...now coupled with the stress of worrying about Travis getting the Justice he deserves...I'm pushing the limits of my strength and hope in mankind.

(Mods, I'm sorry is this isn't allowed but I needed to release this and if it's NOT ok, then please remove.)

2 days ago, one of my best friends from High School lost her daughter Katie. Katie was only 8 years old and had been fighting for her life from a terrible disease called Neuroblastoma, a rare childhood cancer. Katie Bug lost her fight in her Mother's Arms the day before yesterday and this child inspired thousands of folks around our community and even further with her determination to beat that disease. Unfortunately, her little body just could no longer make that brave fight. I wanted to tell you all about Katie because she was just such an amazing little girl. If you all get a chance, please give some positive thoughts and vibrations for her Mother Terry and if you want to read about Katie, here is a link for you to do just that.

www.wthr.com/story/22186763/daleville-mourns-loss-of-young-cancer-patient[/url]

So this has been a very trying week so far for me...I am trying to keep
everything in perspective and stay positive; but this waiting....this waiting is really upsetting me and I cannot imagine what Travis's poor family is having to deal with emotionally. It's heart breaking. Can we all just send some love tonight to those that are in pain and need positive thoughts and hope! Thanks for letting me vent! Peace!

God Bless you indycornstalk.
Will keep mom Terry in my prayers.
Peace be with you.

Peterson killed his pregnant nice wife while he had an affair. This is apples and oranges.

The apples and oranges comment seems to imply that Travis wasn't nice. If that implication was indeed the intent then I would have to respectfully disagree. People are neither all good nor all bad. I'm sure there were even aspects of Laci's life that would show she had her bad days. However having said all that irrespective of a victims life circumstances a victim is just that A VICTIM!!! All victims of murder deserve justice.

I do agree however that the Peterson case and the Alexander case is night and day but not for the same reasons implied above. It's night and day because there is so much more overwhelming evidence against Arias and in comparison there was far far far less evidence against Peterson. But make no mistake Arias is just as damn guilty as Peterson.

Report, Don't reply people...

Let's make it as easy on the mods as we can. They are a busy lot today I am sure!!!

I am thinking that they are just taking their time and sorting through. I know that I would probably want to read her journal and the texts and that takes time, Especially if they are reading them one by one.. I was more worried earlier. But now that I think about it, I think that they are just really wanting to get it right. I just don't think we get anything less than murder1.

OK--I have a similar story! I was prescribed Xanax in my 20's for panic attacks. It made me space out and have long blackouts that I only found out about much later.

I drove my car into a ditch and 2 Houston cops apparently drove me home! I was shocked I didn't get arrested for DUI or something--but in my 20's I was a cute skinny blonde thing, so I'm assuming I would be thrown in the slammer if it happened now!

Sigh. Those were the days!:floorlaugh:

Oh, I forgot the BEST part of the story! I took my boyfriend's car. When the cop dropped me off at home I was out of it that I just dropped in bed and fell asleep, not to wake up until the next morning when my boyfriend woke me up panicked because his car was stolen in the night. I was still so foggy (forgive me) that I just mumbled something about calling the police. Then as I was laying there with him on the phone it started to come to me. I was like, "baby...I really love you....um...about your car..."

Maybe I should be happy we don't have it .. The ad showed people losing weight around the middle .. I was hoping to pill pop my way back to my pre-trial weight :blushing:

Be happy, yes! The Drug Companies in the U.S. want you to want their drugs - and yeah they might help you lose weight around the middle, but it will be from starving to death so you can afford their drugs. True.

Ha - you aren't alone in getting back to pre-trial weight.

jmo

BBM

I am definitely not in a panic. Not at all.

Me neither. I'm just sleepy as heck. :waiting: :sigh: The verdict will come when it's time, we have no power over it.

I wish it would come down soon for the Alexander family. They are the ones really suffering while waiting. Bless their hearts. :(

I'll second the drink, but, I'll have my red wine. haha

My DH just started cooking recently....breakfast only so far and some salads for lunch. He is on a new fitness kick and I am benefitting. LOL

We have "bloody Caesars" here...
They are like a bloody Mary, but made with Clamato juice..( clam and tomato juice)...it sounds icky....but soo yummy!
You add tobacco, worstechire, lime juice and a stalk of celery.....just Juanderful!

You might want to re-read through the evidence, rather than this thread. You might change your mind.

I really just wanted to comment on your thinking her lawyers did a good job. They did what they could with the "nothing" they had to work with. What I find objectionable is the horrible, unsubstantiated statements against Travis. It shouldn't be allowed in ANY trial, let alone this trial where she slaughtered him like he was nothing, but a piece of garbage. I'm hoping that there will be a law enacted to prevent this from ever happening again.

You're probably not going to get a lot of sympathizers to your side of things.
You've got that right. All of the unsubstantiated claims , against Travis allowed into court. But my, did the prosecution have to skirt dance and watch any hint of unsubstantiated claims against JA.

Do not know if anyone has mentioned this as I had people in my office, preventing me from reading online today, but I have figured out the delay....the jurors are pouring through all her journals for fun and entertainment. NO? Really can't imagine what else it could be, they should have pronounced the guilty verdict by now.

Kathy Monkman ‏@katiecoolady 2m

Jurors reported returning from smoke break chatty and relaxed #jodiarias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members