Verdict Watch 05/07/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in case anyone missed KatyCoolady on HLN and Websleuths mentioned - here's a clip that A_News_Junkie did for us - WITHOUT JA mentioned...

[video=youtube;v6_csRKApa8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6_csRKApa8[/video]

ITA. I said this awhile back, that if it isn't murder one, nothing save a real-time video of the murder would satisfy them. In the age of reality tv, people expect beyond ALL doubt.

From last thread, Angelina Frost posted:
JM gave them a veritable bread crumb path to premeditation. For them to be out, makes me believe that someone just doesn't have the capacity to understand it. If this comes back less, I move for a professional jury system.

Worrisome that others will see that you can murder who you want and essentially get away with it, or do comparatively little time w/ respect to your offense.

I absolutely agree! Bring on the professional jurors!

I wonder why the court employee who was inaccurately reported to be juror #16 appeared upset. I hope she is having an ok day so far.

I used to be afraid to fly. I would sit there, white-knuckling it, and studying the looks on the faces of the cabin crew. You know, because if they looked scared, it would mean we were crashing. Well, turns out that people have all sorts of looks on their faces for all sorts of reasons. Maybe she has a blister, maybe her dog is sick, maybe her husband was a jerk to her this morning. Maybe she just looks like that. The point is, you can't tell, so there isn't much point in trying to read faces like that.

Are they eating and deliberating because the jury clock is still running.

What do we know that the jury don't?

Old post
- list updated :)

Deliberating through lunch! Yay!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy sIII (so please excuse the typos!)

Wild About Trial@WildAboutTrial

Jurors are at lunch. So am I. Will be back there soon. #JodiArias

One is right and one is wrong.

Nancy Grace ‏@NancyGraceHLN 5m
No jury questions, no lunch yet. Jury deliberating #JodiArias fate. Thoughts?

Ugh! :scared:

I just don't understand what's taking them soooooo long.

This seems to be such a cut and dry, M1 proven case.

Come on jury! Do what you need to do and move this along!

PLEASE!

I think the jury would like to walk through the whole case from start to end, this is a capital case so they want to make no mistake and no rush to reach a verdict. If I were the one of the jurors or the foreman, I would like every juror have the opportunity to express his/her thought about issue/disagreement, discuss and resolve it and move on. But I do want a verdict of murder 1 today. :rockon:

I really don't think it's taking the jurors a long time. Its only been what, 10ish hours now? They will convict her of M1, I have faith in them! Justice for Travis!!!!

You speak the truth. It's really not a long time. It doesn't matter how "obvious" the evidence is to us or even to the jury. The trial was very long, it's a serious responsibility. It's a process.

My emotions cloud my rationale right now, I wish this was happening faster, but everyone needs to relax and accept what's going on and not assume the worst.

For example, if even one juror took careful notes throughout the trial, I would guess (s)he would want to review those notes and talk through them with the others. With the questions they asked and got answered by witnesses, there are conversations within conversations there.

I think even if they were all on the same page, they would want to go through each charge and discuss why M1 was it and why the lesser charges wouldn't be appropriate anyway. Go through all of the evidence to solidify their verdict.

Of course I could be completely wrong and they could come back with an illogical verdict but I see plenty of reasons for staying in and deliberating thoroughly and we're still in that time frame.

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin 2m
Looks like the jurors are working thru lunch today, their food was just brought in. #JodiArias

IMO, this is how a jury should deliberate. They're taking their time and trying to get it right. The KC case had sequestered their jury and they just wanted to get the hades out of there. I think not sequestering this jury has made a very positive effect. JMO

One more thing. You have to remember they can only deliberate on what they know, not what we know.

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 2m
#jodiarias jury report: 12:28 and Valerie the bailiff seen bringing food 2 jurors. All jurors are still in jury room. @AMYABC15 didn't c16

IMHO, that is a good sign, they are working hard. Want to get a result.

Do not go out for a lunch break...

Maryellenabc15 Tweets "12:28 and Valerie the baliff seen bringing food 2 juror's. All jurors are still in jury room."

I used to be afraid to fly. I would sit there, white-knuckling it, and studying the looks on the faces of the cabin crew. You know, because if they looked scared, it would mean we were crashing. Well, turns out that people have all sorts of looks on their faces for all sorts of reasons. Maybe she has a blister, maybe her dog is sick, maybe her husband was a jerk to her this morning. Maybe she just looks like that. The point is, you can't tell, so there isn't much point in trying to read faces like that.

Which was a point Juan made quite well in his closing.

I guess everyone reporting about this person didn't watch that

Wild says jurors are at lunch. Katie and Beth say still dilberating and no jurors have left yet. So much confusion. LOL

I think Wild wanted his burger and got sick of waiting for it.... He convinced himself they took lunch so he knooted his way over to the burger place and is eating....

The jury is still deliberating per every other report...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy