Verdict Watch 05/07/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many years ago, when the waiter didn't seem to be coming with the check fast enough, I used to let my hyperactive toddler get down from his chair and go to town. Unfortunately he's grown now, or I'd send him down to the courthouse.

Surprisingly I'm not haunted by the KC verdict at all and I thought I would be. I'm just thinking that if with all the evidence, including the disaster that was her testimony, that if the jury is still deliberating into tomorrow, there's a problem. They haven't had the time we've had, true, but it's not a puzzle or a big mystery. She admitted to killing him. There are pictures. She stabbed a man over and over and over, then shot him in the face and slit his throat all in alleged self defense; it's nonsensical. This isn't difficult to reason out.

I feel like I'm hovering, waiting for someone to figure out the square peg goes into the square hole. Or driving behind someone who insists on going 15 under the speed limit.

IMO

Some guy from Dubai wants a verdict notifier but thinks no one will do it!

Nurmi: 9 days out of 10 I don't like Jodi Arias.

Jodi: My lawyer is in love with me 1 day out of 10.

...bit of levity.

Now that was an absolute scream :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I needed that. Thank You. Yesterday I can honestly say I was shaking like a chihuahua. Trying to get my mascara on was a feat in itself. Today i am physically calmer. I went to work yesterday and had trouble concentrating. Switched with a workmate so I was free for today. I actually went to the beer store today LOL I haven't been in one in years. Not that we don't have beer around now and again I leave that up to Hubby. Currently DH is at a conference 9 hours away. So I am on my own timeline. WOOHOO

OT: You guys in the states get the best meds .. stuff we haven't even heard of. I want Amberen .. AND I WANT IT NOOOOOW!!!!

Lol, no you don't! I took Ambien ONE TIME. I slept. And then I sleep-drove. I woke up with a cop knocking on my driver's side window, a deployed air bag, a knot on my head and a tree in my car. I was fine, car was totaled, she drove me home, I flushed the bottle down the toilet. A month later I got a bill from the city for the expense of sending an arborist out to examine the tree, lol.

I know it! She was pleading with him for support and then he got really stern with her "I SAID they are on the way OK" The poor thing is forced to say "ok ok", like she is sorry. :( I bet that dispatcher feels like an arse now.

Maybe they just thought it was a total prank or delusion ..

OT - Has anyone got the pocket hose or the aqua rug yet???

Maryellenabc15 Tweets "Valerie the bailiff is 1st 2 know when jurors reach a verdict, then judge, Atty's, Fmilies, Court officials, Media, U.

Gee -

If this case hasn't proved premeditation, nothing will. Not to mention she actually confessed to the killing (an overkill!!!!!) and there are PICTURES!!!!!! This is and should be a slam dunk. I might even be more disappointed if this jury doesn't get it right than the CA one just because IMO so much has been proven.

She was very active last night -- you know, all that time she had to spend in the holding cell.

I'll admit, I'm a bit peeved, and am wondering how someone who is incarcerated, or in jail, can have access to a twitter account. I don't think this should be allowed (IMHO). I get the whole, innocent until proven guilty, but she is tweeting about the case -- taking jabs at the public, nancy grace, juan martinez. It disgusts me to no end.

I dread hearing what she's going to say tonight. Oh, the jury must think I'm innocent, blah, blah, blah. I don't want to hear it, but I know I will (it will be on-line, ROL, HLN, etc).

She's loving this attention, and she doesn't deserve it. I can only imagine what the Alexander family thinks of all this nonsense.

MOO

Mel

I am hoping someone from the prosecution is taking screen shots of those tweets because the can go poof as fast as they materialize.

Seems to me a lot of people are making excuses/reasons for why the jury has not come back with a verdict yet. I see no reason why it has taken even this length of time. They have much less to consider, seeing all of the stuff that did not make into the trial.

The truth is no one can pick the length of time any jury is going to deliberate.

It took 10 days for the jury to bring back a guilty verdict in the David Westerfield case when he raped and murdered little Danielle Van Dam. The evidence was overwhelming. They not only found him guilty they sentenced him to death.

So it isn't an excuse..........it is reality.

IMO

If JA is in a cell on her own, every time she hears footsteps, a door opening, she'll be wondering if this is it. The holding cells must be one of the grimmest places she's been held too.

I wouldn't be surprised if she's been napping in there while waiting with nothing to do. Maybe she sings herself to sleep...

These last 2 days have been seriously unproductive at work... I have every form of electronic equipment known to man opened and ready in my office... PC, laptop, iPhone, iPad...

It looks like I'm manning a space shuttle from my desk.

But in reality, I'm reading Websleuths on my PC, monitoring Twitter and Facebook on my laptop, playing Words with Friends on my phone... and oh yea, and I watched half an episode of True Blood during lunch. Super glad I don't have any deadlines this week :)

whack a mole ... maybe she is singing :) and driving all others nuts to the point of screaming for their time in court

Will some of you wonderful WS crew bring me up to speed on this trial, please?
I have watched all of the police interrogation videos--I know the basic structure of this case and had been questioning the evidence for pre-meditation (I just like to be consider all angles of every case)
What is the reason for her bloody hand print on the wall according to the defense and the prosecution?
Isn't there a disagreement between the prosecution and defense on the sequence of events? Did the gun shot come first? If the gun shot came first and her intent was to kill, WHY didn't she shoot more than once? Did the medical examiner or medical expert say that the cause of death was from the gun shot or the knife?
Why couldn't she run out of the house and call for help after she shot or stabbed him? He must have been weakened? She alleges that she was in the closet for a time which is where she got the gun, but what are the claims of what followed?
I don't understand the sequence and the over kill.....that to me is the biggest reason for it not being "self defense" there was too much overkill.
Any insights or info would be great! ?Thank you =)

If it's taking this long to find her guilty of murder 1, we know she will NOT get death. :(

OTOH, they may feel that their unanimous decision of M1 with death deserves longer than a few hour deliberation!
:please:

OT: You guys in the states get the best meds .. stuff we haven't even heard of. I want Amberen .. AND I WANT IT NOOOOOW!!!!

O/T......very good remedy for hot flashes, stopped mine immediately and they were horrific!

1 500 mg. of magnesium once a day
2 500 mg. evening primrose taken morning and night
2-3 400 mg. vitamin E. morning and night, noon if needed.

BEAUTIFUL basilcat, just Beautiful !

:seeya:

....dear Alexander family...
My elephant charm rests propped in the base of my candle...
Light flickers...reflects...
The tulips in the vintage vase reach skyward...
A mourning dove cries...
As the light settles across the garden...
The wind is high tonight...
Cats curled on comfy blankets...
Elephants with trunks raised...
Across the plains...
.....justice...
Sings the bell...
Resonating....
It is done....

How is that? It took 7 days to convict S Peterson of Murder 1 and death. My pall Vinnie had a chart earlier and basically showed the different lengths of time to convict and it was all over the map. He said this waiting means nothing. Just a lot of speculating which makes for good TV.

Peterson killed his pregnant nice wife while he had an affair. This is apples and oranges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95