verdict watch 5/7/2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I said was that as the mother of a little girl that age, I was very disturbed by that comment and if a friend or acquaintance made a comment similar to that in my presence, I would absolutely not allow them around my daughter.

I have read on dozens upon dozens of threads in this very forum cases where a parent had a friend who said similar things, only the parent's ignored it as "no big deal". And when the unthinkable happened, every poster on these boards blamed the parent for allowing an "obvious pervert" access to their child!!!!

I never said Travis was a pedophile and I do not believe that. What I said was that in this day and age, after all of the heartbreaking cases I have read on this very forum, I would be very alarmed by anyone making a statement like that.

It is my right as a parent, in fact my RESPONSIBILITY as a parent to protect my child from anything that raises my hackles.

I choose to err on the side of caution when it comes to my child's safety and I do not deserved to be attacked for that.

Never once have I blamed or sullied this victim. I made a very true and very heartfelt comment about my parental instincts regarding the "12-year-old girl" remark. I was respectful and honest in my post and stand by my feelings regarding it.

I am sorry you interpreted my protectiveness as an attack on Travis.

Thanks, and MOO.

bbm

The thing is, IMO, you would never ever be in a position to hear someone's pillow talk, their most private and intimate statements. If everyone was in real life what they are in sexual fantasies the world would be out of control.

Chances are the sexual lives/fantasies of people close to you would shock you. The people you would let around your kids if you chose to react to them like you did to Travis might be few and far between.

People keep those parts secret for a reason. It's part of the social contract. It's not Travis' fault that some very common thoughts were uttered in what he thought was the heat of the moment, so I will abide by the social contract.

Very few people could stand up to the kind of defenseless scrutiny that Travis has had to. If any at all.

I'm sorry! I thought they were sort of going day to day with the schedule. I hadn't head they set the times for this week last Friday.

oh i thought this waiting was sending me nuts :floorlaugh:

im hoping they start at 9 and have a verdict by lunch.

i hope drew lets deanna speak,i really really like her.

Sorry for OT...

Chris Cuomo's interview w/ Amanda Knox is on CNN tonight @ 10 ET. Should be interesting.

So many similarities between Arias and Knox ...

Well, I won't watch it because I have had enough of these LIARS being given so much air time to continue to promote their lies ...

:waitasec: I wonder how much $$$ she is being paid ?

:waitasec: I wonder IF Chris Cuomo of HLN will REMIND everyone that Knox IS a "convicted felon" ?

:moo:

Perhaps better to post on the appropriate thread.

I also posted about this, sorry! :blushing: I just thought the "trying to cry" similarity was interesting, between her and JA. I could be way off base though, I don't know anything about that case. Anyway....carry on!

Yes, he used it. The pictures were time stamped.... that gave something of a time line.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I believe theres nothing but Jodi's word she was actually in his house at 4AM the morning before. That was just her word. The pictures arent until the afternoon on June 4th, after the roommates reported to have left already. No one saw her that morning, and even the police report does not back up her story. The roommate stated he talked to Travis at approx. 11:30 that morning, where Travis told him he got very little sleep that night (45 minutes). According to Jodi, she and him went to sleep and didn't wake up until much later. None of the roommates reported her car.

I've always believes she stalked his house until the roommates left, and was parked down the street. At least until the roommates left...

Someone made a comment on tv earlier that I think was true (sorry, can't remember who).
They said the increase in JA tweets correlates with her sitting in a room alone all day yesterday during deliberations.
She misses the attention she got in the courtroom and is tweeting to get the spotlight back on her, instead of Travis as it should be.
I am glad I don't Tweet and have not looked into her Twitter account.
Withdrawing attention from her is like torturing her.
IMO

Re: a hung jury/mistrial ......

So where are they gonna find 18 people who don't have a bias already? Not in Maricopa county....

Too expensive to send it out of jurisdiction. No win situation. This jury will come through. I know it'!!
Moo.

I agree with pretty much all of this, but especially the BBM. IMO a parent can't be too careful.

I agree. I have 3 kids. But I don't think we can make a real judgement call on what Travis said because it involves a surreptitiously recorded sex tape by Jodi Arias, a proven liar and murderer.

Is it possible that Jodi fed Travis lines about how he made her feel like a 12 year old girl having her first orgasm? YES.

Is it possible that Jodi deliberately set the stage to make Travis appear as a pedophile? YES.

Pedophiles don't get off on adult females. Travis was a big fan of having sex with Jodi Arias, a sexually-aggressive booty call.

There is a reason that Jodi presented her little sex tape at trial--she got Travis to repeat some of the lines or ideas she had fed him.

If my DH told me I sounded like a 12 year old having her first orgasm, I would probably sit straight up and say "HUH? What the heck are you talking about????"

What did Jodi say? She had him REPEAT THE LINE on the RECORDING SHE WAS MAKING.

So yes, if a man made a statement about sex involving a 12 year old girl in my presence, I would be concerned. THIS IS NOT WHAT WAS ON THAT SEX TAPE.

In the midst of a phone call involving sexual fantasies and masturbation, Travis made the statement. Judging from Jodi's text messages to Travis, such as how she wanted to F&*^ him like a "dirty horny little school girl" and her fondness of a$$-poundings, facials and "mouth hugs"--it's my opinion that our dear Jodi manufactured "evidence" of Travis' sexual proclivities.

Travis did not hang around little girls. He had NO PICTURES/*advertiser censored* of children, little girls or boys--NOT EVEN BARE BREASTS of adult women. Nada.

Jodi is a twisted, deviant little conniving monster who enjoyed f-ing with Travis. First she threw fits, pouted, cried, then started manipulating his friends and then she got violent and slashed his tires, broke into his house, peeped in his windows, followed him on dates, etc.

Then she slaughtered him without batting an eye and proceeded to slime his reputation. I don't believe her.

JMO

I think as a mother, and in all fairness to the actual truth, I would have to ask my 28 YEAR OLD ADULT DAUGHTER if she egged this on.

I would ask her had she ever told this man in sexual conversations that she wanted to be a 'dirty little school girl' and even dress up as one. If she said she had.. like Arias did.. then I would think perhaps it was she who put this in the mind of the man she talked trash with.

Frankly in February 2008 before the recorded sex tape she was telling him she wanted to be a dirty school girl. Arias trashed talk about bjs and wanting spankings. She isn't some naïve little waif. She is a very sexually experienced woman who uses sex and sex talk as a tool trying to control the man she wants.

In the May 10, 2008 conversation with Travis I think he told her what he knew turned her on.

IMO

I think it would be creepy if he said it to a child. He didn't ... he said it to a well-seasoned grown woman.

Also, I think Travis wasn't really good at dirty talk. He sounded to me like he hadn't had much practice. She on the other hand ... was an old pro.

Beth K said before the jury room door opened she heard chatter and laughter among them, but when they came out, they walked in a single file line to the elevator looking very sober and serious. JVM also asked her if she suspected any factions in the group and she said no. She even said something along the lines that she saw no one acting defiant. Perhaps her way of saying Jean C didn't see what others have seen. :twocents:

I don't take anything anyone tweets seriously as far as the way they act except Beth, KCL, Katie Wick or WAT.

Maybe they agreed to wear a sober face in public so as not to give away their position.

Maybe they are taking so long to spite whoever they feel kept them waiting for hours upon hours for 4 months.

Maybe they are waiting so long to divulge their verdict in hopes Nurmi explodes like an over ripe watermelon from anticipation. :floorlaugh:

PLEASE PLEASE pray for my Mother. My sister just called and said she had to do CPR because she had another heart attack, we've heard nothing since the paramedics took her. I am 4 states away and there are no more flights tonight - I'm on the first one at 5am in the morning. I feel completely useless and helpless.

I just need a quick prayer. Thank you.

Praying for you and your mom. :praying:

PLEASE PLEASE pray for my Mother. My sister just called and said she had to do CPR because she had another heart attack, we've heard nothing since the paramedics took her. I am 4 states away and there are no more flights tonight - I'm on the first one at 5am in the morning. I feel completely useless and helpless.

Many prayers from Indiana for you and your family. :please:

Originally Posted by EquallyDivided

religious_054.gif

Godsent Prayers !!​

i have missed our little juan,so nice seeing clips

I am sick of the questioning of what it's like for TA family. My goodness, they sure do dwell on the obvious. I want to scream, it's horrible, terrifying, anxiety ridden, worrisome wait. Why must they keep asking people that same question. errrrrr Leave them alone.

No kidding! :banghead:

What do they think? It's a picnic with kitten kisses and unicorn rides? No! It sucks. It sucks something awful, mkay?

Totally vapid people asking asinine questions. That poor family.

It depends on the public. My instinct is to say no to retrial, they'll take a 2nd degree plea, in most cases the public would prefer this to throwing more $$ down the same hole. In this case, the strong opinion of that public could make them roll the dice on another trial but, again, I doubt it. Only the defense benefits from a second trial and they know that.

BUT it doesn't matter. This jury will not be hung. As I've said before, those jurors convinced of her guilt will be so inflamed by the savagery of this crime that they are not walking away from this.

ITA, this jury has been sitting mute for over four months. Of course they want to discuss it, look at it, piece it together just as we have had the luxury of doing at this site. They may be arguing over details, but not necessarily culpability. JMO

Jodi is the one who said she got there around 3 or 4 a.m. We only know that she was there after 1 p.m. from the timestamps on the photos. Out of 12 people, at least one of the jurors should remember that he had roommates at home part of the time. Plus, she wanted the sex. Jodi also waited until she got Travis in the shower. He was TRAPPED in that shower!

I was thinking tonight about how long I take to make important decisions even if I am pretty sure about what I want to do.

I would bet if I was deciding about someone's life, I would take at least the same amount of time it takes me to pick out a sofa.. ;)

I so want to hear that guilty verdict. But I think NB is right. They are smart. They have a lot of think about talk about. Even us who all mainly agree on the verdict we want have different ways we get there.

Okay, Ill give them til tomorrow at 4 pm eastern but after that, I may need oxygen.

:floorlaugh: I keep reminding myself how pizzzed of I was when the CA jury came back so soon. I think the first thing out of my mouth was they could not have possibly went over all that evidence in that short time. ! Soooo, I am sure that bad experience is lurking in my mind.

There is voir dire to weed out unacceptable jurors. I think giving IQ tests is a pretty slippery slope.

Jodi probably would make the cut. Good idea? Not so much.

But there are trials that rely on battle of the experts and I think it would be interesting if all the jurors had to be proficient in that particular field.

I know there is voie dire but it does not address the jurors having the intelligence needed to make these decisions. I think the jurors should at the very least understand basic juror instructions and know the meaning of basic words used in legal world. Weeding out unacceptable jurors is basically asking them if they have ever been a victim of a crime, ever committed a crime, could you sentence a person to the death penalty if the verdict could result in a death sentence and other basic questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member