verdict watch 5/8/2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOO HOO! I don't have to leave the house today!

Mr Red is gonna make kid run. And go to the store...and and

MAKE HIS CHILI FOR DINNER.

I'm married but have my own banking account! That's just the way hubby and I roll! :great:

Not me and my hubby..........we are all for one...together forever as one team even when it comes to finances.:D

All of our accounts are joint.

One thing I found so great about this segment, is all the great pictures of Travis and Deeana. They look so compatible and genuinely happy.

It is so nice to see pictures of Travis without Cousin It.

Did she ever say why their relationship ended up not working out? She obviously still cared for him and liked him as a friend. Why weren't they compatible as a couple?

Mine too, my DH is the "chef" of the family!

I burn myself so often when I cook, I have deemed it a hazardous activity!
:blushing:

I really slacked off on the cooking for the first few months of trial, then I got smart and started putting stuff in the crock pot in the morning before court started. Looked like I had made a big effort for the hubby and kids when in reality, it was easy peasy.

Not me and my hubby..........we are all for one...together forever as one team even when it comes to finances.:D

Same here. I think my wife has a secret account for her Mark spending, though.

You know folks? Every body seems to be in a super duper mood today? Maybe that's a sign? :great:

JMO
Got to thinking more about how Jodi purposely was setting up TA on the sex tape by asking him to repeat things.

She must have known there was a good chance she was going to get caught and did not care and just killed him anyway. Since she was planning on using this tape, she must have realized she would get caught. So I am thinking she must have thought her life was so miserable that she just decided to build evidence and lie her way out of it, but she knew she was going to get arrested.

Hope the Jury reviews these things and realizes these things:
-She claimed no jury will convict her
-Finger broke theory shows no evidence TA broke her finger and it is probably not even broken
-Sex Tape obviously was Jodi trying to set up TA
-No evidence besides JA words that TA abused her in any way
-Nurmi tried to go with a 4th excuse during closing. He threw away self defense and went with crime of passion.

If the jury believes any of her stories, I will be flabergasted because you cannot just default to a maybe it was true just because she says so. The jury needs to use common sense here and they have every right to believe their own concious here. They cannot say reasonable doubt would conclude that TA attacked her.

This case worries me because the jury does need to make up their own minds based on what they believe. Surely they should realize JA made up all that stuff. Her attorney tried to change the excuse right at the end. Isnt that a sign that it was all BS.

CMON JURY. BE REAL about this. Believing Jodi is not reasonable doubt. It is UNREASONABLE.

JC says...one thing you have to remember, the memory can forget things that you don't want to remember. lmao

I hope the roommates comings and goings are in evidence, but I don't remember if Detective Flores testified as to their schedules. But his investigative report should be in evidence ...

It's not.

My feeling today is let the jury take as long as they want as long as they come back with Murder 1 !!

There's a ton of evidence to look at, 22 pages of jury instructions, and this is an intelligent jury based on the questions they asked witnesses.

Sending them prayers today.

HLN interviewed a juror from a prior case and she said it took them one whole day just to go over the jury instructions.

He insisted on me having mine . No complaints here! I get his too! :floorlaugh:

J/K I am married to the bestest guy ever!! My high school sweetheart!

Did she ever say why their relationship ended up not working out? She obviously still cared for him and liked him as a friend. Why weren't they compatible as a couple?

I don't remember her saying anything specific, but I got the impression that she was ready for things to get much more serious, and Travis was kind of waffling and not really fully committing to the "grown-up" relationship she envisioned. As I said, she didn't say anything like that, but I got that impression. She did not want to cast him in a bad light, and I don't think she even bore any hard feelings. She struck me as someone who genuinely loved him and was ready for a permanent commitment, but recognized that he was not. She seemed very mature to me in that regard.

I'm grading midterms. What about you?

Final research essays for my Short Story & Ethics class--a themed College English II class. Most of these essays are in pretty good shape since the students have written four essays prior to this one and since they've been peer-reviewed in class (and in some cases by me).

The idea is to read literary short stories, study a philosopher/ethicist, and then write an essay detailing what that person might think of the characters in the story. So we might study a story by Raymond Carver, for instance, and then determine how an aspect of Friedrich Nietzsche's philosophies might apply. It's a lot of fun.

But for this essay, the students are required to choose their own stories from the anthology, choose a thematic element from the story, and then do research to find a philosopher who has written on that subject. From there, they go on to write the research paper.

From what I gather, you're teaching history, yes? :seeya:

Me, too! IMO, the outcome will NOT be the same, but I have seen so many aspects of this case the defense has drawn from it.
There's A LOT of other cases they've taken bits and pieces from.

Passing the time wisely:
So, today is official "Online Shopping Therapy Day" for me....started bright and early and it's working so far.
Also, cleaning out some new with tags things in my closet and am puttin on EBay....make $$, spend $$....that's rational thinking...no???
Too bad I'll be spending far more than I make...LOL
My "mantra"...free returns...free returns....free returns......

I find waiting for a verdict has been very costly for me. When I'm anxious or nervous I shop. $179 at our brand new Target store yesterday morning, $140 at Winners last night and then another $150 at Walmart and Warehouse One this morning. On the bright side, I have a pile of new summer clothes and sandals, on the bad side, I've spent $500 in the last 24 hours lol. I think hubby is praying for a verdict today LOL

I believe she wanted to get married and he didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member