verdict watch 5/8/2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO Chris Hughes was not called to the stand by JM because doing so would have opened up many other cans of worms for the DT and the information JM could get from CH was not worth handing him over to Nurmi.

like what though? i can't think of anything the DT could have done with CH that would have hurt the state's case.

what i thought was really nasty is that even though the DT definitely had no intentions of calling the Hughes', they kept them on their witness list to INTENTIONALLY keep them out of the courtroom. that was just pure vengeance on nurmi's part. he paid chris back for calling him a liar and a snake.

Is it true that if come dressed up to the nine's, they can do media interviews?

I'd think they'd have to wait until the sentencing phase, no?

I want to know what the jury is wearing today.

Yeah, I have many things to say about that judge. They should have mental evaluations for anyone presiding over a courtroom. HLN was asking their panel this morning who the hold-out juror is. There's a hold-out? C'mon! What this channel won't do for ratings... it boggles the mind.

snipped

Discussion:

The jury sat and listened and understood the content of some 50 days of testimony. They asked questions and received answers. Each juror certainly held an opinion to guilt or degree of guilt by May 4. If 12 jurors leaned towards guilt – it would take no more than 4 hours to parse each of the key questions noted above.
If the jurors were divided between M1 and M2- the deliberation might go on for days.
If some juror or jurors opt for acquittal based on self defense a deadlocked jury is possible.
It seems therefore that after more than 13 hours of deliberation this jury is seriously divided between M1 and M2 or are headed for a deadlock.

I think there's a very good chance they might be hung up on who's voting premeditated, who's voting felony and who's voting both. For all we know M1 has been decided and there is debate over the felony murder. because Jaun told them not to ignore one over the other, even though either one may result in M1 their job was to evaluate both charges.

Premeditated and/or felony could be quite a contentious debate, even though either conclusion equals M1.

... No corroborating testimony at all from any DT witness except JA...

Remember that the defense isn't obligated to put up any defense. They can choose to not have any witnesses, evidence, even theories. That does not remove the obligation of the prosecution to prove guilt. I choose to believe, for now, that this jury is just being thorough going through all of the evidence and testimony because of the severity of the charge.:twocents:

Good Day Seekers of Justice - I think since the jury has shortened the deliberation time by an hour, they have made basic decisions and are now doing detail back-up discussions. I pray for a verdict for the family today, as hard as it is on us, imagine what it must be like for them.

I am going to step away from the computer and do something constructive for a few hours to get my mind off this every waking moment. It is becoming Fog-Like. BBL

I signed up for the text alert when verdict is reached. Just jumped out of my skin when I received a text from them....about the 3 missing girls from Ohio...I only want verdict alerts, not all news....:panic:

Not only that, but this story was breaking news YESTERDAY! I now have no faith they will be timely about notification for a verdict.

Did she ever say why their relationship ended up not working out? She obviously still cared for him and liked him as a friend. Why weren't they compatible as a couple?
She didn't have the chance to get into the whys, however when asked if she thought that she and Travis may have found their way back to each other as a couple had he not been murdered, Deanna said no. Said they both knew they would never be in a romantic relationship again--that they started as friends and they would remain friends always. I really admire Deanna's candor after all the BS we've seen over the course of this case.

And is there a reason why Jodi didn't try and kill all her other boyfriends? Why just Travis?

I've never understood that.

If I read things correctly, I got the impression that none of them really broke up with her -- she made all the decisions regarding the terms of the relationship. Travis made the mistake of forcefully cutting her off. Humiliation and narcissistic rage drove her to kill him, in my view.

If you do get married there will come a time you cant sleep well unless you know your partner is lying right beside you. My hubby is a very early riser (4am) but he is so mindful that I am sleeping and he is very quiet and lets me sleep as long as I want to (6 or 7 am)

I think happy marriages consist of really liking the person they are married to and learn to understand that everything is not a battle that needs winning or fighting. Don't expect perfection unless you are willing to be perfect yourself. Be willing to compromise and be understanding. Show them that you love them and they will show you love in return. Always respect and honor them. Be their best friend who they can trust with their life and finances. Remember they are the partner you will have holding your hand when you leave this earth. There to support your achievements and supports you in time of need. Always remember why you fell in love with them and never try to change what drew you to them in the first place.

Just some of the things I think makes a happy marriage.

Lovely sentiments, thank you!

And is there a reason why Jodi didn't try and kill all her other boyfriends? Why just Travis?

I've never understood that.

In my opinion she wasn't going to allow another one to get away.

Is it true that if come dressed up to the nine's, they can do media interviews?

I'd think they'd have to wait until the sentencing phase, no?

They can not do interviews until after the PP is over

I'm still in a 'fog' over the pics on Travis's camera. Juan stated that JA was not in a fog when she took the time to selectively delete certain photos after she murdered Travis. I think there were 90 pics remaining. If she did perform 'selective editing' why did she leave the gross naked pics on the camera?

Is it possible that the pics of TA and JA were not taken on June 4? The color of JA's pigtails looks much lighter to me than the pic of her after she left the salon in Salinas.
The pigtails seem strangely out of character to me. First of all, JA was in a rush to complete her mission and get to Ryan Burns. She spent some time and $$$ to have her hair colored and styled. Why would she ruin it with pigtails? She looked pretty ratty in the photos - I'm sure she would have had to wash her hair and blow dry it before she left for SLC. Then again, she probably had to wash all the blood splatter out of her hair. I still can't believe they had sex that day - twice! Why didn't she delete the pics?

Oh, and one other thing that caught my attention: when Det. Flores told JA that he had a time-stamped photo of her - naked with pigtails, JA replied "Pigtails"??? She sounded genuinely surprised about the pigtails. Not the fact that there were pics of her taken on the day of the murder...but about the pigtails. She asked him if they could have been taken on another day.

I'm probably barking up the wrong tree, but I can't understand why she didn't delete the pics. Makes no sense....to coin a phrase.

Let me clear that fog for you Colt....
Detective Melendez testified the unclothed, shower and photos taken during the murder were all deleted.
There were approximately 90 photos on the card that had not been deleted.

Does anybody know why Jodi never tried to kill all her other boyfriends and why she only zeroed in on Travis?

Yes. The Midterms are from a Golden Age Spain class (largely sixteenth century) and an Age of Exploration class, which is also predominately 16th century. They are 400 level courses, most of the students are seniors, so they know how to write papers (for the most part). Yours are almost certainly better written in the main, I would imagine, given your subject. The biggest problem with these is usually the lack of specific supporting evidence drawn from both lectures and reading (I always require both).

Your course sounds very interesting!

That sounds fascinating, Sleuth5. I've enjoyed your comments about the lecture topic of the day, etc.. I'd be tempted to audit your class. The first essays I get from freshmen/sophomores are generally awful, with a few exceptions. Fewer and fewer students grow up reading these days. And I mean reading for fun, for instance with a bag of Cheetos and an open window.

Supporting evidence counts for 25% of each paper my students write, so I'm working on them.

Does anyone remember how Jodi testified to how she was able to record the May 10th tape? It seems she said someone put something on her phone so she could do that. I have looked and looked.
Also, does this coincide with her voice mail being "full"?
TIA

I expect them to be clothed, though deliberations might move faster if they chose to go au naturel.

:floorlaugh:

BREAKING NEWS: Jurors adopting the sexual behaviors of JA and TA!
Stay tuned for updates on the possible involvement of cameras, audio recording equipment, rope and/or select candy items!

:seeya:Whomever posted the pic at the last thread!( of martinz ) I noticed nurmi was hiding his face with his hand.

Good morning! I've been busying around here doing laundry and minor housework. Here's hoping today will be the day we hear of justice for Travis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelChard