verdict watch 5/8/2013 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And is there a reason why Jodi didn't try and kill all her other boyfriends? Why just Travis?

I've never understood that.

most of her exes were losers. she thought she'd struck gold with TA---he had a house, money, nice cars, a job he was good at, and he fell for her BS. she thought she'd be set if she could get him, and became obsessed with him.

She talked about it on Dr Drew, but it did not come up during her testimony on the stand. Dr Drew last night was the first time I heard her talk about that particular event.

I recall jodi testi-lying about that day, giving her version which was the exact opposite of Deanna's. How scary for Deanna walking in on that creepy stalking !

:banghead:Judge siedlin drives me nuts he's very judgemental about juan he criticises everyone, isn't he the one that broke down at cried at Anna Nicole trial

Yes, he is a hypocrite. What judge fake cries while at a trial. As JM would say "who does that?"

Here's a clip of the judge's performance.
[video=youtube;lknVuCKX9SI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lknVuCKX9SI[/video]

Just got back inside from pulling Weeds. Didn't realize it could make me feel so good! :)

:clap: :clap: Yess!

And NO ONE is perfect (especially men). :runaway:

I think he would have made some good woman a wonderful husband. I have never thought of him in a negative manner despite anything Jodi said. I just never felt anything she said was true, due to it being just to make her look good. Of course he wasn't perfect, he was perfectly human though. She literally took everything away from him.

I hate the Dr Drew show, why do they need 4 people talking to her all at once? Just interview her and let her talk!!!! I hope she gets another chance, if she wants it, to tell her story. I don't know why anyone bothers going on his show, they can't ever finish what they want to say anyway. Does he really think his panel is more interesting than the guest? Ugh.

I know! He gets good guests on for this trial and then doesn't let them talk! And why does he need four talking heads - in addition to himself cutting people off? I don't normally watch his show at all anymore but got sucked back into it for this trial. I probably will stop watching his show again once the trial is done and over with...same with Nancy Grace. Her constant interrupting and stating misfacts drives me nuts. I'm sure both shows will continue to go on just fine without me!

Me and my BF has our own beds. One reason, is I am a shift worker (all hours/all days (on call)). He works M-F; 8-4. He needs his sleep and I like to stay up on my macbook and WS. :rocker:

We still give each other massages and hang out as a besties. :luv:

I'm single but I hope that when I do get married that we each have our own bedrooms! I need my sleep and lord knows I like a big bathroom all to myself. It's nice to share a bed when the mood strikes but I don't sleep well with anyone next to me. Trying to cuddle and sleep is like mixing oil and water. Does not work! :blushing:

:seeya: WAT is hilarious ... I see he has a "dictionary" ... and will have to check it out !

I'm at work & was dying laughing earlier reading it!!

Talking about JW neck bling like being at a Slick Rick concert :floorlaugh:

Got my blue UK Candle burning on my pc desk!:seeya:

imag0279qp.jpg

Let's say we get the verdict we all want. (I don't want to jinx anything) How are we going to celebrate?

I also want to ask if anyone from Arizona is going to the courthouse?

She did talk about the cookies! She said it was like something out of Stepford Wives! She's all class Deanna Reid. Wish she could have been on all hour.

IIRC JA testified the cookie recipe was from a restaurant chef and, oops, it was for a restaurant sized batch so she was stuck making a zillion cookies- um, what happened to Einstein on that day? That super- intelligence didn't realize that a recipe for cookies calling for two pounds of butter was for a restaurant sized batch?

The "high average" IQ thing bugs me - the defense tries to use it to say she is so smart she would've had a plan to murder that would have been foolproof. We all know super smart people who are "dumb" or absent-minded when it comes to every day things (like putting a license plate on a car) or are less intelligent in certain areas (like logic or math) while incredibly bright in others (like verbal, linguistic). I wish JM had shown the scores for all 4 divisions of the IQ test- maybe the jury will have access to it?

How many times on the stand did JA say things like: I'm super ditzy, I'm an airhead so I clip my keys to me, I'm not good at math, it took me 9 months to read the Book of Mormon, I didn't know you couldn't tow a car in gear, I left my plants in the car in the AZ heat in April all day and they died, I didn't realize the mortgage on the Palm Desert house had a variable rate interest that bumped up after a year, I am not sophisticated enough to understand the law of chastity....

Deanna went with Travis off and on for five or six years. She was ready to get married, but he wasn't. She talked to him and told him that she was going to move on since he wasn't willing to commit to her. Deanna said that Travis started crying and then she started crying. Travis and Deanna broke up in 2005. A year later Travis met Jodi, and we see how everything started going downhill after that.

BBM~ What scent is it? I love Yankee candles.

I have on my blue shirt

I just bought a bright blue turquoise sky yankee candle and it is LIT

I cleaned out my blue purse last night and am using it.

Hoping that today is the day!

Real Mush is made with cornmeal. In PA we call it Cornmeal Mush. Once its cooked you can either eat it as a hot cereal or chill it in a loaf pan. The next AM, you slice it up, dust it very lightly with flour and pan fry it. Serve it with table molasses or syrup. YUM. There are a bunch of recipes online for PA Dutch Fried Mush :)

I have Pennsylvania Dutch on my father's side from up there. He made cornmeal mush once for us when I was four. It didn't look appetizing and none of us would try it.
I remember my great grandmother making syrup from scratch every morning from sugar and water to pour over homemade biscuits. I have tried and tried to make it but it's just not the same.

The judge from Anna Nicole's trial on HLN said he read Juan's closing a "few times" and it was "all over the place" and also he thinks jury could be hung up on this part in the jury instructions: (paraphrasing) if they are unsure as to which it is b/w 1st degree, 2nd degree, crime of passion, they have to go with the lowest one. Jean C is agreeing with him.

I just do not see how this jury can go to anything except 1st degree. Per the jury instructions, there's no way they can go to anything else. For example, let's say they think the first shot (assuming they think gunshot first) is from "heat of passion," well then between the gunshot and the stab to the vena cavae is PREMEDITATION, and then from the stab to the vena cavae to the slitting of the throat is AGAIN PREMEDITATION. I thought Juan made this very clear. But then again, like the judge said, maybe they are confused with the part that says they have to go with the lowest charge.

I just don't see the point of these "alternate theories." In this case, they had the defendant herself TELL THEM HERSELF WHAT SUPPOSEDLY HAPPENED. There wree only two people in that bathroom, Jodi and Travis. So I do not see why heat of passion would even come in...her version was self-defense. Why would they think that she said self-defense and gave them a first-hand account of self-defense, but yet they don't take her story and believe some other made-up story?? I don't get this. This case is so simple. They heard Jodi's story. It's obviously false. Any other alternative which doesn't involve premeditation would mean they are not believing the state's story, OR Jodi's story, but instead some third version of what happened. So then the question becomes: Ok, the State wasn't there in the bathroom that night, so yes they could be wrong. But Jodi was. If something else (other than what State is accusing her of) happened, why would she lie about it and make up another story??

Does anybody know why Jodi never tried to kill all her other boyfriends and why she only zeroed in on Travis?

I think she saw him as a permanent way out of her transient, meaningless lifestyle. She did not accept him rejecting her, it infuriated and humiliated her, and mad little Jodi has to punish people who wrong her imo.

Does anybody know why Jodi never tried to kill all her other boyfriends and why she only zeroed in on Travis?

Moo
Jodie lived in the hills with her grandparents in a shack more or less! Her parents also poor struggling financially, possibly because of high medical bills ( mr arias) very ill man
The others DIDNT have much going for them.Travis had a new home also he drove a BMW, and he was goal driven. Bobby Juarez and her were pot smokers. Matt McCartney probably about the same level as bobby, since they were friends and roommates. Than comes darryl brewer he seemed to have more going for him. I think she was impressed that he was her boss and. Since they were buying a home together she took that as commitment and possible marriage. When she found out he wasn't interested in marriage, she moved on to travis and he was her shining star but he DIDNT want to marry her with. He found out what she was REALY like after a short time. I don't think Jodie had no personality and was not social with his friends.

From the onset she DIDNT seem to fit I with his friends as much as she tried to fake it.

That sounds fascinating, Sleuth5. I've enjoyed your comments about the lecture topic of the day, etc.. I'd be tempted to audit your class. The first essays I get from freshmen/sophomores are generally awful, with a few exceptions. Fewer and fewer students grow up reading these days. And I mean reading for fun, for instance with a bag of Cheetos and an open window.

Supporting evidence counts for 25% of each paper my students write, so I'm working on them.

:floorlaugh: So true about the reading. In the main, they seem to find it 'quaint' at best, corporal punishment at worst. Compounding the problem are the educational publishers, all pushing 'online content', which is just a more convenient way for them not to do the reading -- and not have a physical copy in front of them in class. Try having a discussion with them 'accessing the reading via smartphone.' LOL Oh well, the truth is that college education is not compatible with the technological revolution in some ways and can benefit from it tremendously in others.

Shrimp po' boy is probably one of my favorite sammiches of all time. It was my Friday staple for lunch when I lived in New Orleans. Only time in my life that I had extra weight on me.

LOL! Yep, a couple of months ago I had to start walking 2 miles a day. Used to just do strength training to counter the fried shrimp poboys & such lol.
But trial + decadent Louisiana lifestyle = cardio time haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members