verdict watch 5/8/2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized my precious grandson is all in blue...

ETA: YES I know the porch needs to be blown off and pressure washed....

What a cutie!

Plenty of time for blowing & pressure washing after the verdict. You'll have the whole summer. ;)

Can I post this?

"One of The #Jodiarias jurors has blinked.Now were getting word that TWO of The Jodi Arias Jurors HAVE BLINKED!What could that mean?"- #HLN

What does that mean? tia

The meaning depends on if they blinked once for yes or twice for no.

BK: Martinez just went in the side door to the courtroom or chambers.

Martinez just left with his office's victims advocate.

why would coming in an hour later indicate a holdout? maybe the traffic sucks at 9 am and they decided 10 was better. maybe it's a problem for one juror who has morning obligations. who knows? but i don't see it as a 'sign' of where they are.

Just jumping off your post, but, correct me if I'm wrong....haven't they been coming in at 10am for the trial days? Maybe they just got use to that 10am slot...maybe that time just works better for them...I certainly do not see this time change as having some other "secret meaning" ... I agree with you :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The something that is amiss is Wild.... he also tweeted the other day that Valerie had gone into the jury room.
No one except jurors are allowed in the actual jury room.

No. He said the door that leads to the jury room. Not the actual jury room.

Creeeepy. I can also imagine pages of practiced "Mrs. Travis Victor Alexander," signatures.

Laura08 posted about the CNN coverage on Smart's comment that women should be told they are still valuable even if raped.

What convert Jodi didn't realize is that she has zero value as a prospective wife in the Mormon single adult world.

I didn't want to get a TO, so I couldn't really mention this before but Jodi never had a chance for the very reason that Elizabeth Smart has commented on yesterday and expanded today. (link below)

She says she didn't cry out for help because she had been taught --clearly while very young--that losing her virginity meant she was like a used piece of gum. Totally worthless and disposable. In this article, others in the Mormon faith speak of the analogies which were used to persuade young women to avoid premarital sex.

I myself heard the bandaid analogy--how many times can you rip off the bandaid and still have a bond? If you google duct tape and Mormon, you will find an analogy on the web right now which compares losing virginity to peeling off duct tape again and again.

Many have posted regarding a "licked cupcake" comparison being taught right now in Young Women's classes. When a returned missionary goes to choose a wife from the cupcakes on the shelf, will he choose one with a big lick mark on it?

Jodi's inappropriate behavior shows that she was completely ignorant of the morays of the subculture she joined. What was viewed as being cute and seductive in her lower class dormitory-living underclass is viewed as being repulsive by virtually all Mormons. She might as well have been wearing a tattoo on her forehead "Not Marriage Material" and an arm bracelet saying "Keep Me Away From Your Husband."

The only reason Ryan Burns would have anything to do with her was because he was a JACK MORMON and didn't care so much about maintaining his reputation.

This is also the reason that Travis felt so bad about Deanna. He apologized to her and she suggested it was because she was ready for marriage "then" and is no longer so interested. The truth is he felt responsible for taking up her time and her virginity, leaving her less desirable and past the prime age. Now she's in a married ward and has zero chances of marrying anybody but a divorced man or a widower.

And I can tell you from personal experience, most of those divorced men/widowers in their thirties and even forties are also wanting those twenty-something virginal naive Mormon women with no kids.

I'm pretty sure jurors weren't part of that hearing, therefore, they would not having any knowledge.

They weren't part of the hearing, but when they came in that afternoon, the judge started off by telling them that the defense and prosecution agreed to stipulate that JA was not holding the gun or knife in that picture.

So they don't know what led to the stipulation, all they know is what was agreed to by both sides.

IMO, the DT are trying to get around that particular law. And, with a judge who seems to allow them anything they desire, IMO, I hope Martinez can quash that motion swiftly.

I have faith that the motion will be squashed - it's unfair.

I think people need to stop looking into what the jurors are wearing so much, it isnt the be all and end all.

This isn't aimed at anyone just a general opinion of the situation and I am including TH`s in this

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

Hi

How much time will there be from an announcement that there is a verdict and then the time it's actually read?

It was said there would be 30 minutes, which in Judge SS time would be 2 1/2 hours.:floorlaugh:

Wild About Trial‏@WildAboutTrial1m
@BethKaras just arrived in a stunning light salmon Eli Tahari dress. Juan just came out with some folders and left into elevators #JodiArias

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 3m
Martinez just went in the side door to the courtroom or chambers. #jodiarias

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 1m
Martinez just left with his office's victims' advocate. #jodiarias

JVM is interviewing the only court spectator within 10 miles of the courthouse and trying to recruit her to show up at the After Dark program, oy.

A female juror opens Deliberation Room door, flips hair with her hand and hurries to ladies room to peepee while female bailiff trails behind to accompany her.

Jean Cesarez will report, "OMG, things are intense in that jury room. I just saw a female juror wiping away a tear and running to the ladies room. The bailiff raced after her. Now they're both in the ladies room and I'm sure the juror is sobbing. This does not bode well for Juan Martinez."

Honest to Gawd, you know that's what she would report seeing.

If Jean still practiced law, she would have made a wonderful ambulance chaser.

Another (*&*(&) fantastical hallucination from JC? Prolly

hello basilcat:seeya:

well let's see what you've missed........one juror wearing red tee and flip flops.....juan was at the courthouse.......and according to HLN some of the jurors might have blinked today :floorlaugh:

oh........and we have no idea why the jury clock isn't ticking:scared:

eta...ticking now :D

OMG.....
Jurors blinking..... That should be High Alert!!!

....thanks for the update....:seeya:
.....glad that tick is ticking...
Hopefully the bell ringer is in the bell tower...
That tolling bell is due anytime now....

It's absolutely not allowed. I think somebody "mis-tweeted" something. :)

I'm guessing he just came in a door from a back hallway that is the same door where the jurors enter and exit, or something like that.

There is a prosecutor workroom somewhere back there--not sure if the same door leads to the jury room or not.

I love how they have the "BREAKING NEWS" flash in and out with the sound effects...right before they go to commercial. :floorlaugh:

One of the great joys of my day is having the TV OFF. They have no influence or power over me during the day and I don't have to listen to that slop.

I love how they have the "BREAKING NEWS" flash in and out with the sound effects...right before they go to commercial. :floorlaugh:

I was thinking of this yesterday.... what are they going to do when a verdict actually comes in? they are gonna have to play a fog horn or something LOL I have been cleaning and just have it on the background (4 months worth of 'catching up'). The Breaking news banner and the sound effects don't even make me look now LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member