verdict watch 5/8/2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, this case SCREAMS M1 !!!! The jury is allowed to disregard part or ALL testimony. ALV, Samuels and Geffner were frauds. There is not a shred of evidence pointing to DV or PTSD. Premeditation has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt. What's left? A wet, naked man in a shower, a stolen gun, a knife, and a camera. It's not rocket science!

No. He said the door that leads to the jury room. Not the actual jury room.

No, that is not what he tweeted at first.
Obviously, he has been corrected and now he is saying the door.

PLEASE REVIEW THE ABOVE POST from SoSueMe.

Also, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM POSTING OFF TOPIC GRAPHICS, PICTURES, ETC.. on this busy thread. That helps tremendously with loading issues as well.
:tyou:

:bump:

I'm from a burb of Phoenix and you may have nailed the later start time right there. Getting into downtown Phoenix is a nightmare from 7am-9:30am.

I'm in north Scottsdale ... The 101 and 202 are HeLL before 9 am.

Valerie is a bailiff. And yes, she can go into the jury room. Juan may have come out of the door where the jury has a room. Does not mean he was in with the jury. I believe the "victim's family bathroom is also in the general location. KCL could probably tell you more about that.

To jump off your post Valerie is the go between for Judge S and the jury. Part of a bailiff's duties. So yeah she is allowed in there....if they need anything the foreman requests to talk to the bailiff.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Big Thank You to AZLawyer for explaining all the legalities and inside scoop to us. I really appreciate your insight and knowledge!!!

HLN is already starting with the crazy today.

"You can see there is a mini tent city popping up over there"
....camera pans to exactly ONE sun shade.
"Someone fell down the stairs yesterday! Chaos!

Everything she says turns out to be 90% not. One poor woman fell yesterday, it happens. It is certainly not chaos in the least. However, that poor woman had HLN's camera pointing right at her as Jean loudly reported her falling.

:facepalm: not sure if I can handle these people today.

Why does jean c does not her and jvm also come on your professionals.

One of the great joys of my day is having the TV OFF. They have no influence or power over me during the day and I don't have to listen to that slop.

Thank you, I also believe all the negativity that comes from hln media etc can be harmful to ones health. It just keeps the drama high and yucky. I did read some funnys on egg tree last night tidbits not about this trial and they brought joy.

I stay off hln for the most part cause it makes me anxious. All is IMO

Flip flops??? That sends a great signal, NOT!

Why??? I don't think the way they are dressed is any indication of anything other than they want to be comfortable. It has been stated many times how casual the jury is. Every time we have been to AZ people are casual nearly all the time. Hot and sticky. JMO

I'm confused as to why the defense would want to know. I guess they want to bring up something to counter whatever someone would say? But isn't everything a person says in a victim impact statement just their personal opinion/feelings? Are Nurmi & Wilmott going to call them a liar? I'm genuinely confused as to the point. :waitasec:

The defense is entitled to counter statements made by victims. Victim statements are not always just personal opinions and feelings. For example, a victim might say, "I haven't laughed or played golf in 5 years." The defense would want to know the victim was going to say that, so they could get, e.g., pictures of him/her laughing and playing golf. Or the son of a murdered man might say, "my dad was my best friend," and the defense might want to present evidence that the dad had just obtained a restraining order against the son.

I can't wait like this... I'm going shopping for my kids' teachers for Teacher Appreciation week. Mini bouquets of flowers sound nice.

J4T!

Good Morning...

I live in AZ and I am not reading too much into the juror's clothes. I have to tell you ... and I believe this has much to do with our extraordinarily hot weather 9 months out of the year ... AZ is a very casually attired state. You can go to the finest resorts and restaurants state wide ...and see a large majority of patrons dressed in shorts and flip-flops. If I were on this jury they would likely dub me .... messy pony-tail tank top jeans flip-flops ... or something like that. :twocents:

Thank you! I was worried about the flip-flops. Thinking it was too casual to make a decision today and go back into the court room for the start of the penalty phase. Do we know if any jurors wore flip-flops during the trial?

I only check on the JA trial once in awhile because I trust I'll hear if anything shocking happens , but I'm so surprised the jury is taking this long. This seemed a much more ' slam dunk' case that I figured would be decided within a day at least . Does this make you worry that it's taking so long? To anyone.. tia

The process of voir dire gives both sides a chance to figure out who the "dullards" are. That's the jury screening process and it all takes place in the open, like it should.

You know there are a lot of seemingly bright people on this board who for some reason cannot grasp the concept of time zones and googling to find a link to live streaming. I'm sure they could easily pass any test you throw down. I know I would not want a one of them on a jury hearing my case.

Do your best in voir dire and you get what you get.

I'm not thrilled with the caliber of people on a lot of juries, but pre-testing is just wrong, IMO.

And in the case of certain defense teams...ahem...they probably want dullards who can't think cohesively.

Hey Leebee,

Husband has to get a Apnea Machine. My husband. had apnea and the machine has stopped his snoring. Actually Sleep Apnea is pretty serious--my husband also has atrial fib. Apnea is dangerous . Just saying!:twocents:

Oh I know...my brother in law has the "snorkler" machine. Hubbie doesn't believe he stops breathing or snores...I've even recorded him and he says it's not him.

Why??? I don't think the way they are dressed is any indication of anything other than they want to be comfortable. It has been stated many times how casual the jury is. Every time we have been to AZ people are casual nearly all the time. Hot and sticky. JMO

they also aren't going anywhere if they convict her of murder one. they must know that. i think the 'clothing watch' is meaningless in this trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member