verdict watch 5/8/2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No excuse for starting later and leaving at 4:30 for PETES sake none are working so why not extend deliberation hours. Don't they realise what were going thru over here.:banghead::banghead:

That exactly what I'm thinking! I would have guessed they would want more hours, not less! They must know what is going on out here! Lol

I mean seriously-What would you expect anyone who has had a family member murdered to say at a sentencing.

The DT has heard many VIPS

This motion is a joke

What do you mean? Another defendant motion for? Thank you kindly.

I'm pretty sure jurors weren't part of that hearing, therefore, they would not having any knowledge.

The jurors were told that everyone agreed Jodi was not holding a knife or gun in her hand at the moment she took the full-face picture of Travis in the shower.

If I were a juror, I would be looking at that next picture of his torso down on the shower floor and thinking, OK, that's when she was holding the weapon then.

Can you fill me in on this motion?
DEFENDANT’S MOTION FOR DISCOVERY OF VICTIM IMPACT EVIDENCE

The defense wants to know what the state plans to put forth in the penalty phase.. They are looking for discoverable information.

Flip flops??? That sends a great signal, NOT!

the only things not allowed in MC courts are shorts (links posted previously). If its allowed who cares? If it isn't allowed they must go home at their own expense to change. AZ is uber hot and casual, though i do see teenagers wearing jeans and long sleeved shirts in the summer a lot in my neighborhood.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you! I was worried about the flip-flops. Thinking it was too casual to make a decision today and go back into the court room for the start of the penalty phase. Do we know if any jurors wore flip-flops during the trial?

Honestly I don't think it matters. Wearing flip flops is not something that is considered something disrespectful in that area of the country. Beyond that, he could have foot problems.
This jury was death qualified, I believe they understand the gravity of their work.

I think people need to stop looking into what the jurors are wearing so much, it isnt the be all and end all.

This isn't aimed at anyone just a general opinion of the situation and I am including TH`s in this

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

Unless the Court has specific dress regulations, I don't care what they're wearing. When I served on juries (twice), there were a few rules about attire - no tank tops (muscle shirts), no swimsuits, no bare feet - just basic, common sense things that were easily observed.

Good Morning...

I live in AZ and I am not reading too much into the juror's clothes. I have to tell you ... and I believe this has much to do with our extraordinarily hot weather 9 months out of the year ... AZ is a very casually attired state. You can go to the finest resorts and restaurants state wide ...and see a large majority of patrons dressed in shorts and flip-flops. If I were on this jury they would likely dub me .... messy pony-tail tank top jeans flip-flops ... or something like that. ETA Sitting all day like that I would think it totally acceptable to dress comfortably. :twocents:

We're nearby in Texas and I can ditto this comment. Point is, if you're going to sweat to death, why bother to get dressed up?

KCL said the family said about 30 minutes or so. That said, Jodi has to change into her court clothes and the family and lawyers will be given time to get there.
The Maricopa court twitterer said family is given 45 mins or so. hWild said media is given 30 mins.

Watching the highlights when Nurmo goes after Deanna saying " did he ever say he wanted to tie you to a tree.. blah blah blah.. "

Looking at Jodi's face it almost seems like she is thinking.. SEE He liked me more than you..

DEFENDANT’S MOTION FOR DISCOVERY OF VICTIM IMPACT EVIDENCE

The defense wants to know what the state plans to put forth in the penalty phase.. They are looking for discoverable information.

WHATTTTTTTT???????? Was this filed today?! That's not right, I'm glad the law should overrule them

No, no, no. The verdict won't come when you're doing something fun. It will only come if you're doing something unpleasant (dentist/mammogram) or as a duty (carpool/picking significant other up at airport). Major surgery would be good, but that seems like a lot to ask.

....we should all, in solidarity, go change our cat litter in exactly fifteen minutes.....

I cannot get enough of this ..

* BREAKING NEWS *

Then nothing ..

I wonder if HLN got in trouble yesterday for cutting JVM off half interview to interrupt with * BREAKING NEWS * and it was jurors going out for a ciggie break?

That was just cruel and unusual punishment .. mind you watching the journalists desperately trying to think of something / anything to say has been awesome.

Is JC there today?

Sorry if this has been answered (I cant keep up w/ these posts)
This is the HLN link I use: http://tvfeeds.net/live/hln

thank you enigma:seeya::rockon:

so appreciate this! will need it later when cooking dinner for these people that call me mom and insist on being fed....they ate yesterday fgs.......lol

Thank you! I was worried about the flip-flops. Thinking it was too casual to make a decision today and go back into the court room for the start of the penalty phase. Do we know if any jurors wore flip-flops during the trial?

This makes me think of the movie The Descendants where George Clooney's character talks about how people dress in Hawaii. :giggle:

And yes, IIRC, there were several mentions throughout the trial about the very casual dress of one or more jurors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth