verdict watch 5/8/2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have the same arrangement. My hubby snores, has sleep apnea, talks in his sleep, bounces one foot up and down all night and has flayed his arms out and hit me in the face a few times. There was no sleep happening for me.

Hey Leebee,

Husband has to get a Apnea Machine. My husband. had apnea and the machine has stopped his snoring. Actually Sleep Apnea is pretty serious--my husband also has atrial fib. Apnea is dangerous . Just saying!:twocents:

Headed out to lunch with a friend I haven't seen if forever. Which means a verdict should come, oh, in the next hour or so... :blushing:

No, no, no. The verdict won't come when you're doing something fun. It will only come if you're doing something unpleasant (dentist/mammogram) or as a duty (carpool/picking significant other up at airport). Major surgery would be good, but that seems like a lot to ask.

(snipped & BBM)

…except for this addition to Gauntlet's List: I would like for the jury to know that one of the violations Jodi was cited for in jail was possession of 19 prohibited photographs. Were these warm and fuzzy photos of her family, or her cat, or her car, or her friends? Nope! These were 19 bloody photographs of Travis! (That's how DEMENTED this woman is!)

Also, we can officially add Det. Flores' Investigation Report to the list. I got the following response from AZlawyer when I asked if it had been submitted into evidence:
I doubt it. Normally, those are kept out as hearsay--the prosecution needs to actually present the evidence, not just the detective's recitation of the evidence.

HLN is already starting with the crazy today.

"You can see there is a mini tent city popping up over there"
....camera pans to exactly ONE sun shade.
"Someone fell down the stairs yesterday! Chaos!

Everything she says turns out to be 90% not. One poor woman fell yesterday, it happens. It is certainly not chaos in the least. However, that poor woman had HLN's camera pointing right at her as Jean loudly reported her falling.

:facepalm: not sure if I can handle these people today.

That's what I think. But we have to remember that murderers don't necessarily walk around trying to murder everyone they are involved with. In intimate partner cases like this one it is usually a perfect storm.

It's a great list but not one thing on there made me think jodi is guilty. To me, the intensive evidence of premeditation and her interrogation tapes did it. The media interviews helped but the jury saw most of those.

Then, the sex tape and the total lack of any logical, credible evidence pointing to self defense or to Travis being sexually or physically abusive, sealed the deal.

I think it's easy to lose perspective but we have this one in the bag.

It's a roll of the dice with juries. But I am certain that the very worst that could happen is a hung jury. If that happens, Juan gets another crack with a fresh jury and jodi is wedded to her prior, ridiculous testimony.

This monster is going to be found guilty.

I pray she's found guilty of murder 1
Thank you gitana1
I needed to hear that today ughhhhhhh
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Big if
There's another trial will juan have to deal with nurmi and wilmott and same judge again.

The something that is amiss is Wild.... he also tweeted the other day that Valerie had gone into the jury room.
No one except jurors are allowed in the actual jury room.

Valerie is a bailiff. And yes, she can go into the jury room. Juan may have come out of the door where the jury has a room. Does not mean he was in with the jury. I believe the "victim's family bathroom is also in the general location. KCL could probably tell you more about that.

tweets from Beth Karas and Elizabeth Erwin (reporter - KPHO, Phoenix, AZ) via multi-media Twitter:

BethKaras Jurors resumed deliberations at 12:57 pm ET/9:57 am in Phoenix. #jodiarias about 1 minute ago · reply · retweet · favorite

BethKaras Martinez just left with his office's victims' advocate. #jodiarias 2 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

BethKaras Martinez just went in the side door to the courtroom or chambers. #jodiarias 3 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

elizabetherwin Prosecutor Juan Martinez just showed up. #JodiArias 3 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

elizabetherwin Jurors starting their third full day of deliberations. Will today be the day they reach a verdict? #JodiArias 9 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Flip flops??? That sends a great signal, NOT!

Good Morning...

I live in AZ and I am not reading too much into the juror's clothes. I have to tell you ... and I believe this has much to do with our extraordinarily hot weather 9 months out of the year ... AZ is a very casually attired state. You can go to the finest resorts and restaurants state wide ...and see a large majority of patrons dressed in shorts and flip-flops. If I were on this jury they would likely dub me .... messy pony-tail tank top jeans flip-flops ... or something like that. ETA Sitting all day like that I would think it totally acceptable to dress comfortably. :twocents:

I think people need to stop looking into what the jurors are wearing so much, it isnt the be all and end all.

This isn't aimed at anyone just a general opinion of the situation and I am including TH`s in this

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

i agree josie...........they can't talk to the media yet anyway if they enter the penalty phase.....please god let them enter the penalty phase:scared:

although i will admit i rolled my eyes at the flip flops.......who dresses these people :floorlaugh:

it's court fgs

Maybe she would prefer to just issue them a script. :rolleyes:

JM should just respond- All witnesses will testify as to why JA was the worst thing that ever happened to TA.

I mean seriously-What would you expect anyone who has had a family member murdered to say at a sentencing.

The DT has heard many VIPS

This motion is a joke

Can you fill me in on this motion?

The male jurors could come to deliberate dressed as if to compete on RuPaul's Drag Race and that would be fine with me, as long as they were being upstanding jurists. Well, and coming to a guilty verdict too.

If they are coming in with coolers maybe it's another in house lunch discussion kind of day.

Yeah, I think most jurors take their job very seriously. They are going through the elements and discussing any slight doubts. This a murder trial. That's got to be intense for them.

So agree. If i was a Juror my mind would have been made up based on what I heard at Trial. I still would go thru evidence presented. Methodically. At the end of the day knowing my decision would put somebody on Death row. I would do it for myself. Never look back. Never allow Jodi to cause me any further thought or anxiety. Her power is done. Especially if she hits Death Row.

Just jumping off your post, but, correct me if I'm wrong....haven't they been coming in at 10am for the trial days? Maybe they just got use to that 10am slot...maybe that time just works better for them...I certainly do not see this time change as having some other "secret meaning" ... I agree with you :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They were coming in at 9:00 for trial but maybe they chose 10:00 change in anticipation of delays...I'm sure delays were getting under their skin as much as it got under mine.

why would coming in an hour later indicate a holdout? maybe the traffic sucks at 9 am and they decided 10 was better. maybe it's a problem for one juror who has morning obligations. who knows? but i don't see it as a 'sign' of where they are.

I'm from a burb of Phoenix and you may have nailed the later start time right there. Getting into downtown Phoenix is a nightmare from 7am-9:30am.

i got kicked off:scared:

it's scary out there in the real world:floorlaugh:

but back now i hope..........

would so appreciate the link for watching HLN on my laptop....

thanks and it's a great day for justice :jail:

Sorry if this has been answered (I cant keep up w/ these posts)
This is the HLN link I use: http://tvfeeds.net/live/hln

No, no, no. The verdict won't come when you're doing something fun. It will only come if you're doing something unpleasant (dentist/mammogram) or as a duty (carpool/picking significant other up at airport). Major surgery would be good, but that seems like a lot to ask.

Shoot! Did my BF airport pick up last night! :seeya:

Reducing my opinion to absurdity doesn't help. I am not panicking but neither do I hide my head in the sand. I am going with my gut. There is a holdout. This case was a prosecution gem, very clear and methodical and not confusing. The jurors should be outraged at the sadistic slaughter of Travis. Instead, they're smiling.

Look, rough rule of thumb is that a jury debates 1 day per ever week of trial. You nor anyone else here knows what is going on, or even if they have taken a vote or are just reviewing evidence first. Voting someone guilty of murder is not a task do be done in an hour or so, even if there is a internet forum somewhere that thinks it is.

If the jury is smiling and not tense, then IMO, they are no where near deadlocked. If I was on that jury and someone was even hesitant, I'd say let's go over everything. For the sake of my fellow jurors, I wouldn't want them in the future to feel like they were pushed into something when they were not ready for it.

Besides, they may want to make sure Arizona is getting the whole $7 a day worth out of the jurors services. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
electricalbee651