verdict watch 5/8/2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The something that is amiss is Wild.... he also tweeted the other day that Valerie had gone into the jury room.
No one except jurors are allowed in the actual jury room.

Valerie is court staff, right? She would be allowed in for various reasons (to bring in evidence, water, etc.).

The defense is entitled to counter statements made by victims. Victim statements are not always just personal opinions and feelings. For example, a victim might say, "I haven't laughed or played golf in 5 years." The defense would want to know the victim was going to say that, so they could get, e.g., pictures of him/her laughing and playing golf. Or the son of a murdered man might say, "my dad was my best friend," and the defense might want to present evidence that the dad had just obtained a restraining order against the son.

I had no idea that the legal process allows the defense to counter victim impact statements. Wow. That gets so personal, I can only imagine how emotional the courtroom gets at that point.

DEFENDANT’S MOTION FOR DISCOVERY OF VICTIM IMPACT EVIDENCE

The defense wants to know what the state plans to put forth in the penalty phase.. They are looking for discoverable information.

aawww don't they think their girl is going to get off? :floorlaugh: sorry LOL

The DT wants to know what the family is going to say at the sentencing

Omg isn't that personal and besides some families. Don't know until they began to speak?
Not always written! I can't believe them. Can the state request the same.

WHATTTTTTTT???????? Was this filed today?! That's not right, I'm glad the law should overrule them

Yesterday...but it looks like a hearing about it today.. Why would it be overruled??
They are entitled to know what the state will present.

I personally don't care what the jury wears either. They can wear flip flops, hang from the chandelier, stand on their head and whistle Dixie. As long as they come back with Murder 1 I'm fine with it.

I agree! I remember after Caylee Anthony's murderer was found not guilty - the 'talking heads' said "to get a guilty verdict these days a jury will have to have pictures / recordings of the murder taking place." Here we are thirteen and half hours into deliberations where the jury has pictures of Arias murdering Travis Alexander.

As of right now I still have faith in this jury. Their questions have been pretty good. But I agree people think there is always room for "well maybe that did not happen that way" if cameras did not pick up video and sound of the crime.

Caylee's murder and then the not guilty hit me hard. While I had watched trials before that one hit me so bad. Found out she was missing on my birthday after a night of fun with hubby and kids. She was only a couple of months older then my daughter. After that night of hearing about the case anything that my daughter did or even to this day does as an accomplishment, I think Caylee did not get to do that.

I guess my laptop couldn't take it anymore. It caught on fire this morning! I went out to get a new one. Hopefully this one has more patience.

I'm babysitting my friend's baby again today and she has elephants on her socks. A sign, perhaps? Last time I had her she had on an outfit with baby elephants on it and it was a good day for Travis in court. :heart:

The defense is entitled to counter statements made by victims. Victim statements are not always just personal opinions and feelings. For example, a victim might say, "I haven't laughed or played golf in 5 years." The defense would want to know the victim was going to say that, so they could get, e.g., pictures of him/her laughing and playing golf. Or the son of a murdered man might say, "my dad was my best friend," and the defense might want to present evidence that the dad had just obtained a restraining order against the son.

Thank you so much for preparing me for this.... I had no idea there was a counter statement allowed. Going forward... you have likely just saved my big screen TV from sudden death by flying object. .

Oh, my chihuahua will get PIZZZED if you move him from HIS spot on the bed!

Glad it's not just my dog that does that. I'm scared to death if I move my feet at the end of the bed she'll attack them. She hates feet touching her. If you even talk to her while she's laying down trying to sleep her lip starts to snarl.

Valerie is court staff, right? She would be allowed in for various reasons (to bring in evidence, water, etc.).

What I meant was to stay in the room, while the jury is actually deliberating.

HLN has hit a new low with this "Trial Family Tree" nonsense.

The jurors were told that everyone agreed Jodi was not holding a knife or gun in her hand at the moment she took the full-face picture of Travis in the shower.

If I were a juror, I would be looking at that next picture of his torso down on the shower floor and thinking, OK, that's when she was holding the weapon then.

that was also just this weird little thing that was thrown in and then never mentioned again. nurmi didn't refer to it in his closing, unless i missed it.

I was thinking of this yesterday.... what are they going to do when a verdict actually comes in? they are gonna have to play a fog horn or something LOL I have been cleaning and just have it on the background (4 months worth of 'catching up'). The Breaking news banner and the sound effects don't even make me look now LOL

You made a great point. What are they (HLN) going to do when a verdict is reached ?

BREAKING NEWS. REALLY BREAKING NEWS NOW. THHIS IS REAL BREAKING NEWS

WTH?

Good Morning...

I live in AZ and I am not reading too much into the juror's clothes. I have to tell you ... and I believe this has much to do with our extraordinarily hot weather 9 months out of the year ... AZ is a very casually attired state. You can go to the finest resorts and restaurants state wide ...and see a large majority of patrons dressed in shorts and flip-flops. If I were on this jury they would likely dub me .... messy pony-tail tank top jeans flip-flops ... or something like that. ETA Sitting all day like that I would think it totally acceptable to dress comfortably. :twocents:
You got that right, AZ. I'm attired in the same fashion from May through October except that I'm usually soaked from standing under every mister I can find. :lol:

Today before jurors were even scheduled to start deliberations the TH on HLN was say "what is holding this jury up, over 4 days of deliberation so far........r" How the heck do they get "over 4 days?

There is a prosecutor workroom somewhere back there--not sure if the same door leads to the jury room or not.

AZlawyer...please stay here with us to keep some sanity and clarity....WE NEED YOU!! :rockon:

Thank you! Wasn't sure how those hearing worked.

They really do that? Try and track down a picture of you smiling at your grandchild's birthday at Chuckie Cheese to show you're not miserable? SMH

the only things not allowed in MC courts are shorts (links posted previously). If its allowed who cares? If it isn't allowed they must go home at their own expense to change. AZ is uber hot and casual, though i do see teenagers wearing jeans and long sleeved shirts in the summer a lot in my neighborhood.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

:eek: Ahh yes, the teenager. A species all of their own! :giggle:

:dunno: I think proper attire should be worn in court, I don't care who you are. When I was a juror, I dressed appropriately (business casual). That's just me. And yes it is very hot here too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onus