verdict watch 5/8/2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
....we should all, in solidarity, go change our cat litter in exactly fifteen minutes.....
I don't have a cat :cry: Are you abusing those of us that don't have cats basil by leaving us out of your solidarity plans?

OK! It's getting deep over here. JVM and guest talking about the jury having people over 60 years old on it, and how they might not get the "new" dating thing, and not having computers! GMAFB! I'm within days of being 65. I've had a computer since "forever", and everybody I know (my age and older) have had one for ever.. I pretty much know all the dirty words, even if I don't use them all. I do think anal sex is gross, and I'll never get that some people are into it. Other than that....I"m pretty much like everybody else. Oh.... and I have a ton of common sense, something that's lacking in a lot of the younger people today, thanks to our age group giving them everything their little hearts desire! Rant is now over......move along.....nothing to see here!

My 85 yr old mom is very computer savvy.

You made a great point. What are they (HLN) going to do when a verdict is reached ?

BREAKING NEWS. REALLY BREAKING NEWS NOW. THHIS IS REAL BREAKING NEWS

WTH?

:floorlaugh: I read the WTH? as HLN's reaction when no one pays attention, lol!

I guess my laptop couldn't take it anymore. It caught on fire this morning! I went out to get a new one. Hopefully this one has more patience.

Now THAT should have been enough to bring on the verdict. Not sure WHAT it will take. Basilcat, sounds like the cat litter isn't going to do it.

No, no, no. The verdict won't come when you're doing something fun. It will only come if you're doing something unpleasant (dentist/mammogram) or as a duty (carpool/picking significant other up at airport). Major surgery would be good, but that seems like a lot to ask.

I had surgery yesterday and I was so convinced it was going to happen when I was under. hahaha. (Obviously didn't)
I did, however, make my hubby sign up for the text alert on his phone just incase!

Wild About Trial‏@WildAboutTrial2m
Juan just headed back into the door where the jurors go. Blue shirt and blue tie. Was smiling amd in a good mood. #JodiArias

ETA: I think Wild just misspoke earlier. Juan just went in the general door not THE exact door the jury is in. Maybe Juan is just in the courtoom. We need Beth K. on this!!!!

Beth K. is PRECISE.

Bringing this over, Everybody. We continue to have problems which we are working on (madly, I might add). In the meantime, here is how you can help:

I've had my posts for the pages set at 1,000 for a few days now and have not had any problems at all.

It is so much more hassle free.

The defense is entitled to counter statements made by victims. Victim statements are not always just personal opinions and feelings. For example, a victim might say, "I haven't laughed or played golf in 5 years." The defense would want to know the victim was going to say that, so they could get, e.g., pictures of him/her laughing and playing golf. Or the son of a murdered man might say, "my dad was my best friend," and the defense might want to present evidence that the dad had just obtained a restraining order against the son.
Wow. Just when you think the system might at least be trying to restore the victim(s) in some small way. Shame on anybody who feels the need to twist the knife in these people by putting THEM on trial. :stormingmad:

I have been in both Phoenix and Orlando at peak temps (July). So i can understand Jurors dressing cool and comfortable. I realize its not July but its hot. For folks who have said to me Oh but its a dry heat just haven't experienced it. Neither is pleasant. Forgive my lack of apostrophes but puppy jumped on my keyboard earlier. Or it could be the chips I was noshing on :floorlaugh: Spell check is helping somewhat.

:eek: Ahh yes, the teenager. A species all of their own! :giggle:

:dunno: I think proper attire should be worn in court, I don't care who you are. When I was a juror, I dressed appropriately (business casual). That's just me. And yes it is very hot here too!

You said it, they are weird. My 16 yo son is still wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt to school and it's been in the 80's here. But come winter when it can be 30 degrees in the morning, he'll wear the same thing. No jacket, or extra layers at all. I guess he dresses for year-round weather.

The Maricopa court twitterer said family is given 45 mins or so. hWild said media is given 30 mins.

My worst fear isn't really the verdict itself, it's when the verdict notice comes in and Judge Stevens calls everyone in and tells them due to scheduling issues the verdict will be read in five or six days.

I have never seen any sense of urgency or conception of time from her. But she did bust of of the chute there at the end and make them finish on time. So who knows

JVM is interviewing the only court spectator within 10 miles of the courthouse and trying to recruit her to show up at the After Dark program, oy.

I picture the local businesses locking their doors if they see her headed their way with her microphone. :gasp:

OK! It's getting deep over here. JVM and guest talking about the jury having people over 60 years old on it, and how they might not get the "new" dating thing, and not having computers! GMAFB! I'm within days of being 65. I've had a computer since "forever", and everybody I know (my age and older) have had one for ever.. I pretty much know all the dirty words, even if I don't use them all. I do think anal sex is gross, and I'll never get that some people are into it. Other than that....I"m pretty much like everybody else. Oh.... and I have a ton of common sense, something that's lacking in a lot of the younger people today, thanks to our age group giving them everything their little hearts desire! Rant is now over......move along.....nothing to see here!

i don't get my hackles up about much, but there is a big vein of ageism running through this trial that really PISSES ME OFF!!!!

i'm about your age. i'm tired of anyone implying we don't know about life and new things and technology, and phone sex, and crotch shots, and kinky sex, etc. not ONE of those things is news to me or any other 'old' people i know.

has everyone forgotten the 60's and 70's???? i was 21 in 1970. think i did a few things? MORE than a few? you'd think right if you said 'YES.'

i've not heard one thing in this trial i haven't heard before. i didn't live in a cave all these years, for cryin' out loud.

:banghead:

About an hour ago HLN reminded me of a carnival booth, where you could place your vote on which juror is or may be holding up the verdict when we don't even know there is a holdout yet. I could picture them giving some stuffed panda toy to the winner. I hope HLN understands most of us, I hope, are watching their channel for court coverage and not their exploitation of the Alexander family as just another game show. I remember when HLN had class.

From WAT:

3 m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Mike B. has on his ravishing purple shirt on.. not that it matters really. #JodiArias

:floorlaugh:

I'm confused...this doesn't sound like the same thing as victim impact statements

Yes, it is. Everyone should keep in mind that the defense is well aware that there is a statute allowing nondisclosure of this information. They want to preserve for appeal the argument that the statute is unconstitutional, so they have to make a motion setting up the argument even though they know they will lose the motion. You have to "go through the motions," so to speak, or you lose the appeal issue.

I don't have a cat :cry: Are you abusing those of us that don't have cats basil by leaving us out of your solidarity plans?

....I guess you should go buy or adopt a cat?....you have four minutes....:floorlaugh:

that just seems like a really stupid thing to do, especially in THIS case, with THIS family. i can't imagine challenging their grief or their recollections of TA in any way could be good for the defense.

maybe it's just part of their ongoing torture of TA's family because they refused their plea offer.

I so agree with you! I feel like its intrusive to make their own grief and thoughts which are very personal ! Given to the defence.:banghead:

Hi all! I've been a lurker in websleuths since the very beginning of the Casey Anthony "event". I was here every day, and completely lost faith in justice with that verdict. I swore I was NEVER going to get emotionally involved with another case, but then I heard about this trial. I joined in late. I missed Jodie's cross from Juan, and picked up the States witnesses. Watched the closing arguments, and I'm sitting here on verdict watch as well.

I have to believe that this jury gets it right, no matter how long it takes them.

1st post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member