verdict watch 5/8/2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sick of the whole defense team right now. And given that Jodi tweets whatever she pleases as she awaits the jury's decision, I don't think the DT has the right to know what the impact statements will say. Besides, suppose you are the loved one of Travis and you stand there and your mind begins to ramble of all the things you miss and you forgot to include those things in your prepared statement? Does the DT have the right to object? That stinks. After this trial, and the one in Florida, IMO criminal defense attorneys are scum.

:eek: Ahh yes, the teenager. A species all of their own! :giggle:

:dunno: I think proper attire should be worn in court, I don't care who you are. When I was a juror, I dressed appropriately (business casual). That's just me. And yes it is very hot here too!

Well thats ok....just there is no reason to knock jurors (not saying you are because you definitely aren't ) for dressing how we don't think they should. There are a variety of styles I have seen during jury duty here.....some dress business casual, others are more casual. Everyone has different opinions but as long as no rules of the court are broken then why should people in general pick on anyone? It's just catty and rude.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

....we should all, in solidarity, go change our cat litter in exactly fifteen minutes.....

:scared: Today is my garbage day, instead of scooping clean, I dumped the whole lot and the darn bag got a hole as I was at the door, now I have to clean my deck too!!! Too funny you said change cat litter!!! :floorlaugh:

1.) TA was the ultimate catch: financially secure, extremely well liked, house, vehicle, good job, hard worker, no ex wives, no children, no baggage.
2.) TA had the "scoop" (whatever it was) on JA and was going to go "public"
3.) JA was "trolling" other perspective PPL men to get that "free meal ticket"
4.) It was better to be the ex-GF of murdered beloved man than be the "gold digging social climber with MAJOR issues" who would never be accepted back into TA's social or financial circles.

It was the difference of hooking up with a "somebody with status" vs. being a "nobody waiting on tables".

TA held the power to destroy any foothold she had in what she considered a "champagne lifestyle".

JMO........

I hope I don't come off as being disrespectful. I am having a hard time understanding this new schedule. From what I just heard the jury has said " Until a verdict is reached" They are not sequestered, it's taken days to get in 13 1/2 hours. The more time that goes by, the more risk of some Juror mishap, disqualification etc.

This upsets me. Why is is so wrong to sequester them and urge a verdict? What do they get? 5 hours each day incl. Breaks,lunch?
I don't want them to feel pressure, but I think the Judge could have come up with a better solution if sequester was not an option.

Yes, I feel stressed waiting and listening to THs say this Jury has holdouts. Nobody can really know that..:banghead:

ITA

If I was on the jury, I would request 10 - 12 hour days until we reached a verdict. I know money is an issue for the courts to provide employees and security but 5 hours a day is totally ridiculous and just prolongs what should be a 2 -3 day (or less) verdict.

:stormingmad::stormingmad:

I had surgery yesterday and I was so convinced it was going to happen when I was under. hahaha. (Obviously didn't)
I did, however, make my hubby sign up for the text alert on his phone just incase!

Hope you are resting and healing comfortably :seeya:

Back when people could smoke in restaurants, my DH always asked me to light one up when he was tired of waitibg for his food - because as soon as I lit up the food would come.

In that same spirit, I've made plans to go to a neighbor's at 230 ET today. If the verdict comes in while I'm there...well, you can all thank me later.

As a former restaurant manager...our rule was don't pick up the plates until the diner has put their cigarette out in their baked potato.

My worst fear isn't really the verdict itself, it's when the verdict notice comes in and Judge Stevens calls everyone in and tells them due to scheduling issues the verdict will be read in five or six days.

I have never seen any sense of urgency or conception of time from her. But she did bust of of the chute there at the end and make them finish on time. So who knows

I'm not in the camp that blames JSS for a lot of these time delays but I won't go there now. What I will show you is link to her schedule for the rest of the week. You can see she is keeping time available for this trial after hearing her morning cases and did so on Monday and Tuesday too. Time is already showing for today for this trial and it will appear tomorrow as well. http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/calendar/calList.asp?ID=3604&startdate=5/8/2013&length=7

Hi all! I've been a lurker in websleuths since the very beginning of the Casey Anthony "event". I was here every day, and completely lost faith in justice with that verdict. I swore I was NEVER going to get emotionally involved with another case, but then I heard about this trial. I joined in late. I missed Jodie's cross from Juan, and picked up the States witnesses. Watched the closing arguments, and I'm sitting here on verdict watch as well.

I have to believe that this jury gets it right, no matter how long it takes them.

1st post

:wagon:

I don't have a cat :cry: Are you abusing those of us that don't have cats basil by leaving us out of your solidarity plans?

I have no cats ... Just a little Yorkie who seems to have the ability to manufacture his own body weight in poop every day... I will scoop it in solidarity!

Not every defendant is guilty. I don't believe that is a fair generalization of defense attorneys. You know there are ones out there trying to make sure innocent people don't go to prison. Because that happens, probably far more than alleged guilty people going free.

The media circus is a problem. I don't think any juror should be allowed to profit from jury duty in any way, I don't think their names should ever be released. I think people should be on juries for public service, not public attention. And IMO the only way to start dealing to limit what they can say or do after a trial.

There are no good hard & fast answers, IMO.

I live in Canada and these issues are not apparent here. I served on a felony assault trial and it was an eye opener. Everyone dressed as if for work, lawyers and judge in robes, absolute respect in the court at all times. We were shepherded by bailiffs for free lunches at a restaurant due to the judge's wish for us to remain cohesive. When I think of that time, I think of authority and respect and gravitas. We were never to talk about the details of the trial even after the trial.

On the other hand, one juror was a dentist who was losing business and was willing to vote in anyway that expedited his exit. So why would someone on the Arias jury be any different in their selfishness? And/or seduced by potential media face time and $$$$$? The trial is big business everywhere.

I so agree that public service has become a dirty word unless there's something in it for them.

Hi all! I've been a lurker in websleuths since the very beginning of the Casey Anthony "event". I was here every day, and completely lost faith in justice with that verdict. I swore I was NEVER going to get emotionally involved with another case, but then I heard about this trial. I joined in late. I missed Jodie's cross from Juan, and picked up the States witnesses. Watched the closing arguments, and I'm sitting here on verdict watch as well.

I have to believe that this jury gets it right, no matter how long it takes them.

1st post

:seeya: Hello and :welcome: :welcome:

I had surgery yesterday and I was so convinced it was going to happen when I was under. hahaha. (Obviously didn't)
I did, however, make my hubby sign up for the text alert on his phone just incase!

I have to have my pacemaker replaced soon and have BEGGED the doctor to just schedule the !@#$% surgery, but he keeps refusing. Why we have to wait until the battery says it's down to its last 15 minutes I don't know. Today would have been a really good day.

Lol, what were you planning to have him do if he got a text while you were under? Rush in and demand they bring you up before the verdict?

That's dedication. Word.

O/T

I bought the City Kitty toilet training kit through Groupon.

OT: OMG I'm using it right now to train my kitty. He's on the last stage, but now oscillates between using it, and the living room carpet for his #2s...grrr!

My 85 yr old mom is very computer savvy.

Tried to teach grandmother to use email. She was totally wowed by the screen saver. Couldn't even teach her how to use a mouse because instead of using it the real way, she would move it across the monitor screen. Finally just gave up.

....I guess you should go buy or adopt a cat?....you have four minutes....:floorlaugh:

You could take care of the neighbor's cat's box. I've frequently fantasized about someone sneaking in here and cleaning the litter boxes while I'm not looking. :giggle:

I have to have my pacemaker replaced soon and have BEGGED the doctor to just schedule the !@#$% surgery, but he keeps refusing. Why we have to wait until the battery says it's down to its last 15 minutes I don't know. Today would have been a really good day.

Morning lady! :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member