Verdict Watch Discussion Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 29s30 seconds ago
There are a dozen or so members of the public who have sat at the courthouse all day hoping for a verdict. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 29s30 seconds ago
There are a dozen or so members of the public who have sat at the courthouse all day hoping for a verdict. #Bosma

I cant understand why people would think something like this would be so quick. The jury has sat in since Feb 1 people!!! 4 months and 2 weeks approx and you expect the answer in one day??

They seem to have questions around this time of day .....

I think it's courteous of them actually, wait until the end of the day, rather than getting everyone dragged there in the middle of the day. Especially if it's not an urgent question. Usually, during deliberations, everyone is gathered at the end of the day anyways, to be sent home. Might as well wait and ask non-urgent decision making questions then.

I don't share the same feelings about DM, but it is admirable that some people can feel sorrow and compassion for both the victim and the accused. The concept is deeply rooted in Christianity. I don't think that means there's anything wrong with JuneBug67 and she shouldn't feel ashamed for having expressed her viewpoint. I wish it was easier for everyone including me to be so kind-hearted. There would be less violence in the world.

All MOO.

Although I am a Christian myself, compassion and empathy sort of hit the wall when it comes to a man who chooses to murder people.

I think it's courteous of them actually, wait until the end of the day, rather than getting everyone dragged there in the middle of the day. Especially if it's not an urgent question. Usually, during deliberations, everyone is gathered at the end of the day anyways, to be sent home. Might as well wait and ask non-urgent decision making questions then.

I agree completely.

• Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 8m8 minutes ago
    1 retweet 2 likes

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 9m9 minutes ago
    Back in court, just waiting on Justice Goodman/the jury. #TimBosma #Bosma #HamOnt #sc
    1 retweet 2 likes

• Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC [video=twitter;742871971730448385]https://twitter.com/AdamCarterCBC/status/742871971730448385[/video]
    Back in court, just waiting on Justice Goodman/the jury. #TimBosma #Bosma #HamOnt #sc

1 retweet 2 likes

I cant understand why people would think something like this would be so quick. The jury has sat in since Feb 1 people!!! 4 months and 2 weeks approx and you expect the answer in one day??

To expect the verdict for a trial as long as this one has been in a few hours or a day or two is just ludicrous. My own guess is a couple of weeks to possibly a month.

And his teachers said he was a good student who was a pleasure to work with. We all bring a certain bias to our assessments. Teachers, posters, reporters, Alex Pierson..

Or is he like Zoom in The Flash and can turn his character on and off as needed?

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 17s18 seconds ago
There's a request from the jury to review Hagerman's testimony about his pact with Michalski and the toolbox. #TimBosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 23s24 seconds ago
Goodman is now here. He says the jury has a request. The jury is asking to review Matt Hagerman's testimony. #Bosma #TimBosma #HamOnt #sc

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 25s26 seconds ago
Judge is back. Jury request. we cld like to review haggerman testimony of his conversation w Michalski regarding the tool box. @AM900CHML

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 32s33 seconds ago
....his pact with Michalski regarding the toolbox. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 45s46 seconds ago
#Bosma Justice Goodman is in the room. The jury request is to review Matt Hagerman's testimony about his pact with Michalski & toolbox info

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 50s51 seconds ago
Justice Goodman is in the courtroom now. There is a "request" from the jury. Jury wants to review Matt Hagerman's testimony regarding...

I received a jury duty questionnaire last fall

I did too, and I was worried it might be for this trial, since I'm a resident of the area. It was very detailed. I didn't have any valid reasons for being unable to serve if called, but I really did not and do not want to be on a jury for a case like this. Jurors can have a kind of PTSD after something like this, because to be immersed in so much of the seamy side of life for an extended period of time takes its toll.

Here are two articles relevant to this:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/dennis-oland-murder-trial-ptsd-jurors-1.3227401

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/jurors-risk-post-trial-trauma-study-finds/article1150411/

Fortunately, I heard nothing further about it. That was a relief.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 17s18 seconds ago
The jury would like to review his testimony about this pact and the toolbox. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 26s27 seconds ago
Judge says best way to deal with it is to play portions of the audio recording of testimony. It will take some time to find those clips.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 27s28 seconds ago
Specifically, the want to review what Hagerman said about the toolbox, and about the "pact" Hagerman made with Michalski. #Bosma #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 37s38 seconds ago
Justice Goodman is back and says the jury's question is about Matt Hagerman, and his comment about a pact with Andrew Michalski. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 40s41 seconds ago
Hagerman got the locked toolbox from Millard 4am the morning Millard was arrested. Smich says it held the murder weapon. #Bosma

My own opinion, but I'd like to offer a suggestion about the verdict. The "Right" verdict is not the verdict us normal lemmings, the little people want - which could be any manner of verdicts. A large number of vexacious people just want someone - anyone - to pay.
The jury will make a decisoon which is fair, based on the evidence, and they will determine the REST of two peoples entire lives in one single decision.

So, I hope they get it right. Not my right, theirs. They have to live with the decision they make, and I hope they weigh all the evidence, and come to a just and decisive verdict. You and I might not agree with it. We might wish a different verdict. We might despise or hate the accused and wish them dead or worse, and thank god those that do are not deciding the case, it would be disgustingly biased. But that does not matter. It's their call, not mine or ours.

I trust, the jury will get the decision "right". Whatever that might be.

Again, just my opinion and thoughts.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 30s30 seconds ago
Crown Craig Fraser agrees with judge's suggestion to identify all the appropriate clips before playing them. Pillay agrees.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 35s35 seconds ago
Goodman suggests it's too late in the day to start replaying evidence for the jury. Wants to ID appropriate clips beforehand. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 39s39 seconds ago
Goodman says it seems late in the day to start doing that. Seems like we may begin with that tomorrow. #TImBosma #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 41s41 seconds ago
Justice Goodman says he'll likely play back the audio from the testimony but he doesn't want to start 20 min of tape so late at night.#Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Judge thinks jury should re-listen to the testimony tomorrow. Lawyers adding their input now. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Goodman says the best recourse is to play this evidence back for the jury. #TimBosma #Bosma

Doesn't the jury have access to all the testimony?

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 31s32 seconds ago
Crown and Millards lawyers agree, Dungey doesn't want to play his entire day and a half of evidence, judge says that won't happen. #TimBosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 33s34 seconds ago
Smich lawyer doesn't want jury to hear more than they asked for, but Hagerman talked about the toolbox many times in testimony. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 51s52 seconds ago
Dungey thinks this came up in his own cross. He wants to be certain they play the correct audio clip.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15s16 seconds ago
Goodman asks counsel to meet with the court reporter tmrw morning at 9:15am to go over the tapes. It will go to jury after that. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 20s21 seconds ago
...to play it for the jury....Jurors now being brought into the courtroom. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 33s34 seconds ago
Lawyers will meet with the court reporter in the morning to listen to the evidence. The judge will do the same. The jury will hear it at 10

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 34s35 seconds ago
Goodman says he will go through those portions tomorrow morning, and the jury will hear those portions at 10 a.m. tomorrow. #Bosma #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 45s46 seconds ago
Justice Goodman is asking counsel to meet with the court reporter at 9:15 a.m. to review the recording. He will reconvene court at 10 a.m...

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 52s53 seconds ago
Judge says tomorrow the jury w hear that segment about "the pact" surrounding tool box. it's 20-30 minutes. Jury excused for tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini_Mind