VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can any of us presume to know that the Alexanders have 'hard, hateful hearts'? Is wanting the DP, wanting justice now equated with hatred and revenge only? How do any of us presume to know what's in the Alexanders' hearts? Things are never that black and white, IMO.

ETA: They've been tortured for 7 years and endured all things with dignity. They deserve only our respect and esteem. They have been amazing and inspiring.

With all due respect, I believe the original poster was simply wishing for peace for the Alexander family. They have/had such angst/despair and I would bet there isn't one person on this board that wishes anything more for them than for them to find peace. MOO.

I would like to share a story and then I have a point at the end.

My sister, her husband, and little 2 year old daughter were in a horrible car accident, years ago, 1976. They were hit by a drunk driver who ran a stop sign onto a major road with speed limit of 75.
Everyone was hurt and hospitalized. My niece didn't make it. She was a little angel on earth. Always laughing and smiling, so tiny for her age and had the longest and most beautiful hair, for a 2 year old. Her hair was light brown but a golden color and way past her little back side, with the perfect little curl on the ends. My sister and I would talk about how she must have the hair for a reason. Little did we know at the time, the reason was, to put under the little bonnet she wore with her frilly little dress, laying in her casket. (they had to cute her hair, shave her little head for brain surgery.) My sister was in too bad of a shape to attend her funeral. My sister had a wonderful Mormon family from her church. They stayed by her side and prayed with her and help nurse her back to being healthy. I don't know if she would have recovered without them. To this day I think about their kindness and how they never said anything negative about the drunk driver that killed our little angel. As for me, my heart turned to stone, hate, revenge, torment, sadness, and all at the same time I was in so much pain and suffering. I was in such a bad place. My sister saved me. After some time had passed, I went to visit her and was going to stay a week with her. She seemed so different, so at peace. She talked about only positive things about her child. The good times. She would say, remember when Chrystal would come sit in your lap at the dinner table, and even though she had her own plate she wanted to share yours. Remember how she always wanted to help you do everything you were doing. Remember how she always wanted you to be the one to wash her hair. It was amazing and I couldn't understand how she did it. My heart was still stone. I had seen her crying in private at night, but the next day she was positive again. Then she lowered the boom on me. She knew I wasn't moving on too well, that I was suffering. She had been through more than I had, she was her mother. So, she sat me down and told me that I was letting hate, revenge and all the negative things control me. She told me that I needed to pray. (I had prayed and prayed but not in the right way) She told me, that I had to pray and ask for the ability to forgive the man that was drunk, and ran the stop sign and killed our little angel. Wow! That was so out of the question I thought at first. But, she lead me in prayer and I was serious and it was like a million pounds was lifted off my shoulders. If someone else had told me to do that, I wouldn't have believed them. We cried for hours. Then we both started only thinking of all the good precious memories. I realized what an amazing strong caring women my sister was. I hadn't known this before. My point of sharing this is, TA's family at some point will have to do this to move on with their lives. Having a hard hateful heart will ruin your life. I hope their Mormon family will help them and they will seek counseling, if they have to. MOO, the DP isn't going to help them. I know that is what they want, but in truth that isn't going to help them heal. I believe it will be worse because that will always be in their minds of if and when it would be carried out. It's just more negativity. I know they believe JA deserves it. I hope someday they will find peace otherwise JA will have taken more of their lives too. JMOO.

Hi Wizzy :-) while reading your post I thought of your family's sweet little Angel being there in Heaven welcoming sweet baby Caylee Marie. I'm sure they're sitting on a rainbow swinging their feet and singing.

Does anyone else believe the jury may have reached a verdict Thursday but the judge said it was too late to announce it and it would be better to do it on Monday? Why was JW and her minion there with clothes for JA? Why was the Alexanders there? Why did that <modsnip> Angela (JA's sister) say they will find out about JA's fate on Monday. Did JA's mother tell her that. Sandy told J Gold she would not be there for the verdict. I think she knows what it will be. But too much happened at the courthouse late Thursday. I bet they announce a verdict Monday morning. I hope so, the suspense is killing me.

No, I think that's entirely wishful thinking by those wanting a quick decision.

Hi Wizzy :-) while reading your post I thought of your family's sweet little Angel being there in Heaven welcoming sweet baby Caylee Marie. I'm sure they're sitting on a rainbow swinging their feet and singing.

Yes! That was a very hard trial to follow. I was a basket case for months. So sad, and justice wasn't served for that sweet Angel either.

JMO
For me personally, I think some pics were added by Jodi manually to Travis camera (somehow copied), PLUS she obviously took some real ones too. The shower photos, the foot in hallway photo, etc.

So to me BOTH happened. I am not convinced they had sex on that particular day. I think some of the photos she copied make it appear that way.

The 2 that were mentioned a little bit ago I agree could have just been Jodi taking pictures of travis while he slept and he caught her in the last photo where he appears to throw the KY. But that doesnt mean to me that they had sex that day.

For example, what if she had snuck in just then and was surprising him and she may have thrown the KY at him and asked if she could jump in the sack. He may have just woke up and threw it back at her, and not being pleased she was even there.

It doesnt really matter much to me if they did have sex that day. Its just I am not convinced they did yet. Because I do think she copied some of the sexual photos onto his camera somehow.

The main reaons i think that is some of them just look "funny" and not quite right. They look to me to have been taken on a different day and different time. Especially the Goldilocks one...LOL

Anyway, none of it matters a whole lot now. I just wish we could someday know the truth about everything and I doubt we will ever get that.

Jodi is like the boy who cried wolf. Someday if she ever tells us the real truth, i wont believe her. LOL

<mod snip> the info saved with each photo includes the camera manufacturer and model as well? She can't simply swap out photos from another camera and not have it easily detected. IF she had swapped any out, she'd have told her DT so they could use it to help her defense, and they would have accessed the info themselves, since you're asserting Juan would have ignored it to help his case. <mod snip> JMO

That may be your opinion, and mine is that some things are unforgivable. One can move on without forgiving.

I have moved on without forgiving. I had to develop a feeling of indifference toward the perps and the situation. If I ever saw those people again I am sure it would trigger PTSD but my life is so far removed from them and the situation that I have been symptom free for several years now. I never think seriously about it or them--only a reference here and there, like now. I have not forgotten and never will but it does not dictate the course of my life anymore.

Whether TA's family ever forgives the killer or not is their call, no one else's. It is wonderful that people care and are concerned about them but I think that in time they will be just fine. They will never forget. They may never forgive. But they will certainly move on and begin to smile more when they remember Travis because they will more easily tune in to how he lived rather than how he died.

Thank you Val, that's been one of my main points all along, the nude thumbnails were in unallocated space, meaning they had been deleted before any other pictures were saved to that memory card (just what were the dates of the 90 pics between the nudes and the shower pics?), making her story (oh what a shock) a lie and the nudes almost surely taken on another, previous date.

Which date? She hadn't been in AZ since he had the new camera and the camera make and model is in the EXIF data, so it would have easily been detected they weren't taken with his new camera.

EM: I agree with this. I have trouble seeing what Arias had to gain in uploading the photos from an external source. It certainly doesn't seem to help with her primary objective that day, or the original story she tried using when first questioned about his murder.

Nor did she have time to do this even if she wanted to (and for what purpose and how a card from another camera that doesn't actually use the same card as the one in TA's camera, no one has explained adequately).

No, this is a situation where evidence is somehow imagined to have some greater history to it than it does. It's greatest value is that it absolutely places her at his house on the day of the murder, at the time of the murder, executing the murder, and then trying to cover up the murder (camera & card in washing machine). Straightforward to me.

[BTW, 'washing' a camera & card in the washing machine does not 'erase' the EXIF data. (LOL). It can destroy hardware and possibly ruin a card, but it doesn't magically take out EXIF data and leave the full image behind. And yes, camera manufacturer, model, as well as other information is captured in an EXIF file that describes in technical terms the picture.]

I sit in the shower, but that's because I shower with my ten month old! Yes, how eerie though. Sure suggests she revealed her weapon(s) then and made him sit. That poor man. In such a vulnerable place.

I always thought he looked scared at that point and she had a weapon pointing to him too

:giggle:

BBM

She aint no Snow White. JMO

She thinks she is. Ugh.

kgrhqz10.jpg

My memory let me down yesterday. Couldn't even remember "Diddums". :sigh: I remember a distinct comment really breaking down - with tech speak - why the pictures weren't transferred onto the camera from somewhere else. Must have been another user. Too bad I can't remember, I would have googled for the post.

I SHOULD really bookmark noteworthy comments; sometimes the threads move so fast that I feel we miss certain important posts by our members.

Could it have been predator?

Is it maybe that some can't picture TA having sex with JA after calling her the worst thing that ever happened to him? If I'm not mistaken, he in that same message tells her that she knows he ALWAYS takes her back. I'm not surprised he allowed her back into his bed that faithful day. The pictures don't look "staged for a sexy photo shoot" to me but more "okay we had sex, let's test out some settings on your camera".

The layout of his bathroom makes it hard for me to believe she stood there, so close to him, and took those pictures without him noticing. Chances are he was convinced by her to pose. It could be that he was forced to pose - (if she had a gun pointed at him, but that's opening a mother whole can of worms.)

A lot of people say she put the pictures on the camera but so far I haven't read a good reason as to WHY she would do that on the day she planned to murder him.

"Bring in the Jury

Who are they?

Eight females, Jurors #: 1, 6, 8, 10, 11, 15, 16 and 17

Four males, Jurors #: 4, 7, 18 and 19

Two alternates: Female #2 and Male # 13

It&#8217;s been two days of deliberations:

9 hours, 45 minutes to be exact.

https://juror13lw.wordpress.com/2015/02/27/bring-in-the-jury/

During the last trial, we had at least some basic ideas about who each juror was. Those descriptions came mostly from the journalists. Even though this trial isn't televised, a lot of the same journalists have been there this time. Information has come out about the ones that have been released or excused, but I wish we had a better idea of who these final jurors are beyond just how many men/women & their juror numbers. Anyone know any details?

Nor did she have time to do this even if she wanted to (and for what purpose and how a card from another camera that doesn't actually use the same card as the one in TA's camera, no one has explained adequately).

No, this is a situation where evidence is somehow imagined to have some greater history to it than it does. It's greatest value is that it absolutely places her at his house on the day of the murder, at the time of the murder, executing the murder, and then trying to cover up the murder (camera & card in washing machine). Straightforward to me.

[BTW, 'washing' a camera & card in the washing machine does not 'erase' the EXIF data. (LOL). It can destroy hardware and possibly ruin a card, but it doesn't magically take out EXIF data and leave the full image behind. And yes, camera manufacturer, model, as well as other information is captured in an EXIF file that describes in technical terms the picture.]

Speaking for myself, I just think the pictures are strange. I never tried to convince myself that they didn't have sex that day (I just looked again at the nudes of Travis and yeah, it's pretty apparent they did, if you know what I mean), I just think they're weird for sex photos. But sex before premeditated murder IS weird.

TA & JA's relationship or dealings with each other were convoluted at best and certainly not healthy. TA was absolutely attracted to JA, no matter how disgusting everyone else thinks she is, she wasn't to him. He was a normal horny guy and he wanted her in that way. She also forced the issue because she knew that was the one way she could manage to see him and he wouldn't turn her down. TA struggled with those aspects of himself and probably would have continued to do so until he finally got married. It was a fatal mistake on his part.

For instance, the very first time someone would ever 'sneak' into my home would be the last time. I would have every lock changed and I would lock the door, windows on the first floor, no matter how much it was a hassle to me or any roommates. I would never give out a combination to anyone who didn't need to know, and I would change the combination from time to time for security purposes. Ditto computer security, passwords, etc. TA was trusting to a fault and didn't pay attention to that 'ruh roh' voice inside of him when it came to JA in those last few months of his life. And yes, she did manipulate him and was incredibly sneaky, but he was also malleable and naive.

Speaking for myself, I just think the pictures are strange. I never tried to convince myself that they didn't have sex that day (I just looked again at the nudes of Travis and yeah, it's pretty apparent they did, if you know what I mean), I just think they're weird for sex photos. But sex before premeditated murder IS weird.

If you consider those pictures as part of JA's ruse to gain TA's trust and cooperation that day then it doesn't seem so weird. You're seeing one second or less moments in time and making assumptions about what it means and what he felt and what all was happening. It's normal for people to try and fill in the blanks, but it's often not that accurate. Suffice it to say they took pictures and JA used that camera to distract TA while he was in the shower to get close enough to kill him.

A lot of people say she put the pictures on the camera but so far I haven't read a good reason as to WHY she would do that on the day she planned to murder him.

And not only that, but put them on from WHERE? From his computer? Remember her own camera used a different type of card. And how exactly did she change the embedded EXIF data? And then (and here's the kicker), she wanted to destroy the camera AND the images on it and the card, but people think she took pains to "plant" pictures on a camera she then tried to destroy? Illogical thinking. People make up evidence because they don't understand technology and are trying to figure out every detail to wedge it into their own story of what occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila