VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I recall, in the letter to Travis' family, she indicated she grabbed her purse, but left her shoes behind.

Why did she say this? (about the shoes)

IMO, she was in a major adrenaline rush following the butchering of TA. IMO she frantically threw her bloodied clothes into a garbage bag, then showered her worthless carcass (with or without TA's body in the shower concurrently).

The "shoe" comment is because JA wasn't sure if she had/had not picked up ALL the evidence (at the time she said this ... approx 1 month post murder)

BBM

Don't you mean "contemporaneously?"

Juan says socks and iirc Jodi testified she had on socks...there were about 6-8 socks in the washer with the towel and camera...
So I wonder who's shoe print is in the bloody hallway. Juan specifically asks the expert if it is consistent with a barefoot or sock and she says no. Shes states its consistent with a shoe print. So she must have had shoes on at some point during or after the attack. No?

Is this the guy who cross dressed to stay out of sight?

Lol...as a mute woman

He hired some excellent lawyers with his Manhattan real estate family's money

So I wonder who's shoe print is in the bloody hallway. Juan specifically asks the expert if it is consistent with a barefoot or sock and she says no. Shes states its consistent with a shoe print. So she must have had shoes on at some point during or after the attack. No?

I don't recall...did the defense cross her on this?

BBM Yes! I'm watching the Robert Durst series on HBO, and his DT admitted they used hyperbole and misdirection during his Texas murder trial. And it worked! After watching this and the Anthony trials I don't know if I could ever believe a defense attorney as a juror. I'm jaded for life.

My jury duty was long before my Websleuths days. Someone in the jury room made a snide comment about one of the defense attorneys while we were deliberating. Just something to the effect of her thinking he was a slimeball, based on prior cases she was aware of. All of us were VERY skeptical of everything the defense attorneys presented. You'd have to be more brain dead than one of the Pinellas twelve to believe most defense attorneys. The problem is that when a truly innocent person is put on trial the reputation of defense attorneys has already brought one strike against them. JMO

IIRC, when she returned the rental car they said that there was a big stain that looked like a Kool-Aid stain. I think a lot of bloody items were in the back seat of that car. She probably wrapped them up to keep the blood from running out, but did a poor job of it. I think all of those things were disposed of in the desert. JMO
Plus iirc, all 4 floor mats were missing. She must have had blood soaked items laying all over that rental.

I don't recall...did the defense cross her on this?

No. Not that I saw. JM introduced a "tread" mark from a shoe ... asked which direction it (the tread mark) was headed.

LKN's cross? For the blood splatter expert, the DT's cross seemed to be very truncated, but I'm watching video clips that might be heavily edited.

It's good. He was on the run when NY reopened an investigation into his missing wife when he killed a neighbor in Galveston, dismembered him and threw him in the bay. He's also suspected of killing a friend in Los Angeles

Last I heard his name he had been arrested again. This time he was accused of exposing himself in a store and urinating on candy bars. How did that end up? Is he in prison now?

Last I heard his name he had been arrested again. This time he was accused of exposing himself in a store and urinating on candy bars. How did that end up? Is he in prison now?

http://www.texaslawyer.com/id=12027...minal-Mischief-Charge?slreturn=20150201224002

He's very strange. When he was arrested in PA (he jumped bond on the Galveston murder charge) he was caught shoplifting a sandwich from a grocery store. He had $500 in his pocket and $38,000 in the trunk of his car

What would happen if someone used a stun gun on a person who was wet and had wet feet? Anyone know?
This isn't a scientific answer, but it's an answer based off of really dumb experience.

When I was a kid, a very very dumb kid I may add.... my friend had this faulty fridge that I was unaware of. I was touching the metal part of the sink with one hand and when I grabbed the handle of the fridge with the other hand to open it, it shocked the hell out of me.
I then asked my friend "what would happen if I touched the wet part of the sink and then touched the handle?". He said "i don't know, try it". So being the dumb impulsive kid that I was, I stuck my palm in the water that was on the sink and grabbed the fridge handle. Needless to say, adding the water shocked me 100x more than before. This is probably why I have more problems with my memory than Jodi arias. Lol.

I'm sure a stun gun is different, but in my experience, water makes the shock so much worse. Hope this helps lol

ETA - oops I just saw Truth Detectors post. Still, thank you for letting me share my story of youthful indiscretions. I forgot (probably from the shock) of how dumb I was as a kid. I'm glad I grew up to be mostly okay.

I think she deserves the DP,but I'm not sure she'll get it. If she gets LWOP ,I know she'll eventually be out of solitary. I don't want this for her. She is so manipulative that I feel she will become a" popular" prisoner with the others. I know she loves the media and my fear is we'll still hear of her. I can see her doing shows like" Women Who Kill" on ID and trying to grant any interview she can finagle. My fear is somehow she'll manage to still be in our faces.

This fear has been expressed a lot, as many posters have mentioned it over the months of testimony. To be so concerned about where exactly JA sits, sleeps, and spends time once she is in Perryville prison should be the least of anyone's concern. Followers of the Arias case worry about seeing her after the disposition of this case through possible future media opportunities (which so far are fantasized), yet at the same time they admittedly cannot stay away from her.

I don't know anyone who would want to change places with her and live in prison for life, yet somehow life in prison at Perryville is imagined to be some version of a camp, which I really don't get. Imagine being locked away for the rest of your life. And though people have no, absolutely zero control over what happens when any convicted killer goes to prison, in this case there seems to be an obsession about it.

It's occasionally suggested and feared Arias will somehow thwart every attempt to keep her incarcerated and controlled and she will somehow both manipulate her way to get anything she can think of, kill whoever she wants any given day, and also be given free passage by guards and other prisoners alike. I think these thoughts are connected to the imagined superpowers Arias has been imbued with as this case has proceeded. Arias has been elevated by some to fictional boogeyman level.

The reality will be so much different than all the scenarios imagined.

I didn't miss that twisted statement by her. I've always thought it was a sick private joke, the richer for telling it to Flores during that initial interrogation.

She couldn't imagine why Travis hated that picture? Maybe something to do with the fact she had a weapon in her hand, and was threatening to kill him. Her comment that she thought it a great photo needs no explanation.

Zap Zap

I agree, increases the cruelty factor as well as shines a bright light on her lack of remorse. I don't think she's human, she can't be.

Wait... what? The first trial (guilt part) heard that? I don't remember that, at all. I thought that was kept out because it was too "prejudicial" or some such?????????

Yes, and when she talks about going on a camping trip with a bunch of guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member