VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The drive to make Arias seem so much more than what she is, is something I've always found interesting.

She's a personality disordered, mentally unhealthy adult who murdered one person. That's it. Her violence stems from the reaction to the level of rejection and abandonment she perceived. This is not an unusual type of crime. It's actually very common. Jealousy, rage, abandonment also aren't unusual motives. Had Arias successfully killed TA with 1 gun shot and then left, this case wouldn't seem nearly as interesting.

It's the way it played out that made it seem like so much more. This otherwise normal looking woman, who had some people fooled (but certainly not all or even most) expressed her rage in a way that most women never do. And of course the media attention where there is an angle to publicize a crime (young people, secretly having sex, attractive woman by some standards, normal guy, twisted relationship, kinky sex). The kinky sex angle and the amount of blood and gore are what captured and catapulted this story. And then the games played after the murder and through the media.

Women follow this case far more than men and women despise with the heat of a thousand suns another woman who murders a "nice guy." The murdering woman has to be seen as a "she-devil" AND in the ultimate insult, she must be called derogatory names about her appearance (as if that actually matters).

I think maybe 1% of my interest in this case is the overkill. The rest is the planning, the fact that all of Travis' friends pointed to Jodi when asked if they could think of anyone who'd do this, her stalking behavior, her ninja story, the naked pics, the pictures of Travis that were found, her buying a gun and trying to make a run for it, her confrontations with women who got within breathing distance of Travis, and all of the different things she did to point away from herself is what intrigues me. JMO

Hi GeeVee, I haven't looked at the photos in a while, but which one is it that you see him "bang his nose and mouth on his knee". I agree totally, they weren't photos by consent. I fully believe she completely snuck up on him. These photos have haunted me from the beginning, TIA

This pic (5:28:54):

52854lt400.jpg

(click it if comes as attachment size)

The only time the camera showed this pic was when JM was moving it off the projector so it's in motion and blurry, I do not know if the actual photo is blurry as this is the only shot of it available that I have seen in the videos. You see his head in profile, his shoulder and what I believe is his knee on the right (just under/in front of his face).

This pic (5:28:54):

View attachment 70421

(click it if comes as attachment size)

The only time the camera showed this pic was when JM was moving it off the projector so it's in motion and blurry, I do not know if the actual photo is blurry as this is the only shot of it available that I have seen in the videos. You see his head in profile, his shoulder and what I believe is his knee on the right (just under/in front of his face).

Odd. I see him resting his chin on his forearm. I don't see anything that you describe.

Not to mention there isn't much hair at all to "compare" in either pics. Plus when i box dye my hair it is very dark the first few shampoos. It could have easily washed out color I. one day with a cheap temporary box dye

Well this is the one taken at Othello, not long after the murder, still looks pretty dark imo, no noticeable blonde streaks hanging down around the face.
JAothello2.jpg

This is one that the DT themselves said was taken in early June/08 and for reference, I've had my hair called blonde when it looked similar to this(mostly just blonde bangs and the rest brown), it all depends on how you're wearing it.
JAdog2.jpg

Re the possibility of JA being popular at Perryville, is there any evidence she's had any close girl friends since she dropped out of high school? No one, male or female, was willing to speak at trial to save her life.

I do not believe JA will be on a high pedestal in prison. I do not believe she will be happy or enjoy herself. I do not think she will like being locked up, with someone telling her what she can and can't do. She will never come and go as she pleases. She will hate it. Any appearance to the contrary will be just another of her lies.

ETA: I just remembered something I read about the Manson girls who are incarcerated in Cali. They have had numerous parole hearings at which their prison records are made available. They have impeccable records and are involved in teaching inmates who are new to the system as well as doing Scripture readings and a variety of other "community" services within the prison. Also, other than qualify it with, "I was very young and made mistakes," they have for a long time admitted guilt and accepted responsibility for what they did. They keep getting denied parole anyway due to the circumstances of their crimes. And that bothers them; they do not understand why they can never be set free. This just shows that while women in prison for long periods of time can and do adapt, and even gain respect within their own prison community--they still want out. These women have been in prison so long they have no idea how to live any other way. Yet they never stop trying to regain their freedom.

My guess is Jodi is not going to ever truly accept her new digs at Perryville. She will always be wanting something she can never have.

I think maybe 1% of my interest in this case is the overkill. The rest is the planning, the fact that all of Travis' friends pointed to Jodi when asked if they could think of anyone who'd do this, her stalking behavior, her ninja story, the naked pics, the pictures of Travis that were found, her buying a gun and trying to make a run for it, her confrontations with women who got within breathing distance of Travis, and all of the different things she did to point away from herself is what intrigues me. JMO
What intrigues me is her extraordinary level of psychopathy. Her demeanor in the interrogation room, her 18 days on the stand, her voice mail/emails to the man she murdered, sending the family a ridiculously long letter. It fascinates yet disgusts me, and I have to constantly ask myself "who does that?".

That's why I follow this case.

Well this is the one taken at Othello, not long after the murder, still looks pretty dark imo, no noticeable blonde streaks hanging down around the face.
View attachment 70424

This is one that the DT themselves said was taken in early June/08 and for reference, I've had my hair called blonde when it looked similar to this(mostly just blonde bangs and the rest brown), it all depends on how you're wearing it.
View attachment 70425

I also in...2002 had the light bangs and brown hair. To me being a girl i think the othello hair and murder hair are the same exact color tones. Again with her hair in braids there isn't much at all to compare if at all. With box dyes the possibilities are endless on how it could change that quickly.

Odd. I see him resting his chin on his forearm. I don't see anything that you describe.

The evidence that he banged his nose and lip are shown on the pic 26 seconds later, 5:29:20:

52920arrowscrop.jpg

click

What would happen if someone used a stun gun on a person who was wet and had wet feet? Anyone know?

They would still get zapped just as if they were dry.

Water amplify the electricity, it doesn't affect the potential (voltage), it doesn't affect the current (amperage) which is what gives you the zap.

Ionized water may help conduct electricity better but it doesn't change the value of the current. In the case of a stungun where the electrodes are in direct contact with the target (or even imbedded with the flesh) water won't have any effect the current will pass thru the target anyway.

If your thinking about the moisten sponges they used under the electrodes when they use the electric chair that's simply to assure good contact between the electrodes and the skin, it doesn't affect the current at all.

Not to mention there isn't much hair at all to "compare" in either pics. Plus when i box dye my hair it is very dark the first few shampoos. It could have easily washed out color I. one day with a cheap temporary box dye

Yep. Exactly right. And at this point it doesn't matter. The evidence is in. I'm tired of seeing her face, her eyes and her hair
Maybe I'll check back in and see what color her hair is on the execution gurney in 20 years

image.jpg

Justice for Travis

Her level of psychopathy is akin to that of:

Diane Downs, Jeffrey MacDonald, Susan Smith, Darlie Routier and hundreds of other killers. Told a bunch of lies, kept telling lies, kept telling even more lies, even when faced with evidence still lied and made up stories. Heinous murder, SODDI (some other dude did it). I find the circus around Arias more interesting than the murderess herself, who I actually find dull as killers go. A jealous rage, obsession and abandonment by an intimate partner is so common. She's not very interesting to me as a person.

Eta misquote

I disagree. I've shared my experience with a childhood best friend we were literally next door neighbors since my memory began. His father left at a very young age and His much older brother was involved In a murder robbery of a pregnant woman we were in maybe the 2nd Grade when this happened. By 5th grade he was diagnosed with ODD oppositional defiance disorder. He always was being arrested or In trouble because He hated authority of any kind. A series of mistakes substance abuse followed and when we were 19 He committed 1st degree murder. He is serving LWOP comfortably in medium security, he has managed to become institutionalized and really adapted fine. He is not a psycopath/NPD or a sociopath so he doesn't have the knack to manipulate like CMJA does and that definitely makes me believe she will not only adapt but thrive in gen pop

I know I don't post that much, but I have had to create a new screen name because I forgot my user name, and I don't have access to my email with my old username.. I have been following this case since 2013.. It's very sickening that it took 5 yrs to go to trial, and another 2 years to get to the penalty phase.. I think it should be unconstitutional to keep delaying trial and penalty phase over numbers of years for the victim, victim's family and defendant. It should be ready to go to trial within 2 yrs after the arrest unless some of circumstances are met And other thing. the defense are keeping on trashing the victim without any concentrate evidence is VERY VERY SICK!!!! in Penalty phase they are keeping on trashing the victim. That'd be illegal unless it will show JA should get life, which it does not. Penalty phase is about saving the life of the defendant not trashing Travis. On Friday night I went to J 4 T website and after going through the site I started to cry because Travis had a great life ahead of him, and JA took it away from him and keep on killing him in the court..
I have a feeling the jury will come back with death verdict or life.. they won't be hung like last jury..

What intrigues me is her extraordinary level of psychopathy. Her demeanor in the interrogation room, her 18 days on the stand, her voice mail/emails to the man she murdered, sending the family a ridiculously long letter. It fascinates yet disgusts me, and I have to constantly ask myself "who does that?".

That's why I follow this case.

^^^ That too.

It's one of the last because she surprised him, it was no photo shoot. He was just taking a relaxing shower with his back to us not aware she was photographing him until he saw her and the look of surprise on his face.

Thank you, if I've felt sure of nothing else, that is one thing I have felt sure of. Travis did not know she was there, and never expected she would show up. He believed she was long gone. Which is why we see that completely startled, frightened look on his face when he's standing in the shower in that one photo. Shortly after, he is on the floor of the shower with the most indescribable expression on his face, in his eyes, a combination of fear and realization....and horror as if facing some demon. It's almost too devastating to think about. This case will haunt me forever. CMJA = Most Evil

Good night everyone, I say with fervent hope - see you all in the morning for the verdict!

http://www.texaslawyer.com/id=12027...minal-Mischief-Charge?slreturn=20150201224002

He's very strange. When he was arrested in PA (he jumped bond on the Galveston murder charge) he was caught shoplifting a sandwich from a grocery store. He had $500 in his pocket and $38,000 in the trunk of his car

OMG---TRUE STORY

My good friend was supposed to be spending Christmas Eve having dinner with Susan Berman, the night she was murdered by this nutcase. He was a good friend of hers and a writer, and they were working on a Showtime Special when she was killed. He called her several times that day and she didn't call back. He almost drove up to Benedict Canyon anyway but his gf got mad at him and wanted him to be with her instead. So he didnt go. But then the cops came to see him a day or 2 later because he had called her so many times the day she was killed. And he was an initial suspect. :eek:

But wasnt the shower stall door open while all the photos were being taken?

The water droplets can be seen on the glass in the early shower photos so it was closed at that time.

BBM - Why do people keeping saying this... she had brown hair with blonde highlights in the nude pics(the exact same as at least a few other pics we've seen of her taken right around the time she had left Mesa in the beginning of April, as well as that one date stamped May 25, 2008 with her brother Joey), quite a bit different than the dark brunette(almost black) hair with no highlights that she was sporting in her June 3 selfies. Btw, that fitness band or silver tape as some have described it, was found in the laundry room, not the bedroom. It could have come from JA, perhaps something she had used to secure her knife or gun on herself.

As for the court explanation, I believe the PT probably adhere to the KISS method when possible, simply because it's not as hard to explain between objections.

View attachment 70420

Agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members