VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps they have reached a verdict but want to sleep on it. I don't see them laughing if they are going to hang.

Breaking News: Casey Anthony just tweeted "good luck" to Jodi. Also; Nancy Grace and Jodi just took a selfie together at the bequest of Juan Martinez. Lol. Just kidding. Enjoy the Jodi drama.

Real Truth ‏@hardtruth4real 4m4 minutes ago
@kinseyschofield Was the laugher from those #jodiarias jurors in front of the family?

KINSEY SCHOFIELD ‏@kinseyschofield 3m3 minutes ago
@hardtruth4real NO, around a corner

bbm

Crock pots and cake pans.....laughing and smiling....3 day weekend.....

Doesn't sound like anything serious about deciding on the death penalty is happening! Jodi must be smugly smirking....

Real Truth ‏@hardtruth4real 4m4 minutes ago
@kinseyschofield Was the laugher from those #jodiarias jurors in front of the family?

KINSEY SCHOFIELD ‏@kinseyschofield 3m3 minutes ago
@hardtruth4real NO, around a corner

bbm

That makes sense. There's a little hallway from the jury room before they would have come out and seen the family in the elevator area. They would have had no reason to expect the family to be there as there was no verdict announcement.

Except that basically they went through a 2nd trial for nothing?

I don't think it was for nothing. I think that Juan had more time and leeway to bring out the lies and inconsistencies and evilness of the DT and the second chance to clear Travis's name of the bogus accusations against him. Even if the jury decides those are lies, some might still vote for Life, because of sympathy for the killer.

I am standing by this jury. I think everything today says they are getting along and working together. I bet that they are really going through things to see how horrible a crime it was. I don't blame them for taking their time when they missed so much of the first trial.
Maybe they are going back to see the premeditation or the cruelty.
I think monday is the day. I will be glued to my laptop.

Hey Y'all... It's Vinnie ( I miss him, quit watching HLN after he left )

Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan 3m3 minutes ago
#jodiarias jury off until Monday.... Almost 10 hours and NO verdict ... Life vs Death takes time.... #AtlantaAlive

Jurors laughing and smiling......I feel sick. So sorry for the family....must feel like stabs to the heart watching this.

Who said that? TIA

ETA ~
"KINSEY SCHOFIELD @kinseyschofield · 18m 18 minutes ago

Jury exits. Some laughing and smiling. Done for the weekend. They pass sad Alexander family lined up upon exit. #jodiarias"

Inapropriate to arrive with a stew and cake, and leave smiling. I cannot wrap my head around it. I am all about bonding for the jurors. But give me a break. This IS a life/death decision, not some afternoon slumber party. Sorry, I am a bit upset. MOO at this point. After watching this whole fiasco for yrs

IMO this does not bode well for the DP-

Agreed. I wonder if they've decided on life but just want to go through the evidence more to make sure they are comfortable with the decision. I'm just not feeling the DP now.

IMO this does not bode well for the DP-

All the experts say you can't read anything into this. This phase has lasted 5 months, they aren't gonna fly through their deliberations. Someone's life is at stake. That being said, getting a unanimous DP verdict is going to be a monumental task.

But she's already been convicted...whatever happens, this is a win win!

I'm fine with the smiling and laughing. Says to me they are not overwhelmed.

Sigh. That's true.
I mean the guilty verdict took 13 hours right and we all thought they should have been back after 10 minutes...

Maybe these 3 days break will help clear their heads...

My understanding was that the jury brought food/dessert so that they wouldn't have to leave the courtroom for lunch?

Thanks, everyone, for your good humor and good company all this very long and otherwise tense day. :)

Earlier today I though the DP was going to happen. I don't believe so now. They will be hung. My thoughts are with Travis's family!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14