VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm praying they made a DP decision and taking the weekend to make sure they are good and can live with that decision. ..

I'm so bummed. But maybe because they're smiling it's a good sign. Hope they just want the weekend to sleep on it. They pick out nice clothes for Monday and that will be it.

Michael Kiefer: They have to pass the Alexander family who are sitting vigil at one end of hall.
BK: She wonders if the Juror's might have left through a different way so they wouldn't have to pass the Alexander's

Inapropriate to arrive with a stew and cake, and leave smiling. I cannot wrap my head around it. I am all about bonding for the jurors. But give me a break. This IS a life/death decision, not some afternoon slumber party. Sorry, I am a bit upset. MOO at this point. After watching this whole fiasco for yrs

They brought the food so they could work through lunch, shows dedication to me.

I'm not liking the smiling and laughing.

I am. IMO, they have bonded (as other posters noted), and they have FINALLY let off some pent up emotions.

Can you imagine what it must be like for a jury to spend months in the jury 'holding room' ... months going to lunch ... months stretching your legs or having smoke breaks ... and held to the strictures this jury faced?

Imagine that: Spending all that time with people with whom you could discuss the weather, your favorite recipes ... or nothing at all.

To finally get the chance to air opinions, express 'who you are,' must be, in a sense, exhilarating.

I agree! Terribly inappropriate and insensitive.

I don't judge. It's probably not as dramatic as a tweeter viewed it as. Maybe they were meeting up to see "Fifty Shades of Grey" ?

I am not going to judge them for laughing as they leave or for having a cake together. I have a few first responders in my family. Imo, that kind of behavior and friendly bonding is the only way they can get through the day sometimes.

This jury is looking at these gruesome crime scene photos and reading this tedious testimony and deciding whether to end someone's life. So I think it is somewhat normal to break the tension with some laughter and some home cooked desserts during the long deliberation day.

I am happy they are in good spirits at the end of a tough day. If they were at each others throats and ready to hang, they might not be laughing as they leave. JMO

I am out. I can not read posts that tear down the jury. They are deciding whether someone lives or dies and while some may think it is an easy decision it is not. Not for normal feeling people. If it was they would all be like Arias that took a life without blinking an eye. But here is a bunch of people that have given so much and are still not rushing it. They are trying to do the right thing, Looking at the case since they were not privy to anything more than highlights of the trial.
Maybe they will find the gas cans. Maybe they are reading the transcript from the first trial.
But for them to take 3 days to settle and live their own life and then come back to do this again, I think is reasonable and normal. They could have gone in and rushed it. But they didn't.
It is easy to be flippant when it is not us deciding anything..

Have a good weekend. See you monday.

I am standing by this jury. I think everything today says they are getting along and working together. I bet that they are really going through things to see how horrible a crime it was. I don't blame them for taking their time when they missed so much of the first trial.
Maybe they are going back to see the premeditation or the cruelty.
I think monday is the day. I will be glued to my laptop.

I'm hoping they take both Nurmi & Martinez challenge to really look through the messages and other evidence for the truth. It is in there! There is so much information to be scrutinized , a quick decision would tell me they didn't consider ALL the evidence to be sure they make the correct decision. Death Penalty is as serious as it get's. Take the time to do it right.

I am. IMO, they have bonded (as other posters noted), and they have FINALLY let off some pent up emotions.

Can you imagine what it must be like for a jury to spend months in the jury 'holding room' ... months going to lunch ... months stretching your legs or having smoke breaks ... and held to the strictures this jury faced?

Imagine that: Spending all that time with people with whom you could discuss the weather, your favorite recipes ... or nothing at all.

To finally get the chance to air opinions, express 'who you are,' must be, in a sense, exhilarating.

I completely agree. I feel sad that the Alexander family supposedly saw them laughing and smiling but it wasn't their intention. It's not like the jurors left the room seeking out the Alexander family to smile and laugh in front of. It happened, it sucks, but I can't and will never judge these jurors. They are my fellow Americans who have a tough job to do. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes right now. They have a tough task to get through and I will respect the hell out of them no matter what the verdict ends up being.

I do believe that was Scott Peterson jury so I guess there is some hope...is this Friday off mandatory in AZ...I mean they can't staff the courthouse on Friday?
Jury could deliberate on Friday if they wanted to. They do not want to.

Does anyone know where I could find out how long it took Wendy Ariano's(sp) to decide on the DP?

I realize there's no way to know and perhaps nothing at all should be read into it, but when it was reported that 10 left for a break, I wonder if it's possible the 2 left behind were the foreman and perhaps a juror on the fence? Maybe the foreman had a heart to heart with the one on the fence??

My understand was that the jury brought food/dessert so that they didn't have to leave the courtroom for lunch?

Yes, that is a good thing. They sound like reasonable, normal people who have camaraderie. JMO

Even the jury deliberations are a farce in this trial. If they want to deliberate tomorrow, all weekend, and half the night each day, I don't see where it is unreasonable to let them do just that. They've earned it.

The jurors chose not to deliberate on Friday.

Michael Kiefer: They have to pass the Alexander family who are sitting vigil at one end of hall.
BK: She wonders if the Juror's might have left through a different way so they wouldn't have to pass the Alexander's

well if kiefer posted this you can expect a motion from Nurmi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee