VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay folks, we are not going to bash the jury. They have a job to do. Five months for this case to get to this point. They are doing what they are suppose to do, not what everyone else thinks they should do.

Ever stop to think they might all agree but feel they need to justify their decision so they ALL feel better about their verdict. Nurmi did a job on them. They deserve to say we as a united group feel this is a just verdict for what she has done and what she continues to do today. No remorse is a big issue. It stands out like a sore thumb. She clearly can not hide the fact that she is not remorseful right down to the very last word that her attorney spoke to save her life while still trying to destroy Travis' reputation. She can't help herself.

Let's give this jury the room they need to finish their job.

IF I WERE ON THIS JURY;

I would have had to make any appointments for Friday's. It takes so long to get in to see a doctor or dentist unless you are sick! I would not want to give up, nor would I want anyone else to give up their appointment.

They did not sit through the first trial. If I were there I would want to see the evidence that was not given to me in this penalty phase. I would want to look at it all and get it over with, not hope that I could find it on line later. I especially would not want to miss anything considering the number of times jurors have felt blindsided after a trial was over and it was too late to change their verdict.

Perhaps they have decided and want to sleep on it. If they decided death, perhaps they want to rest, pray on their decision, go to church and ask for guidance from above. Perhaps they all decided to take the weekend and make sure that each of them could live with that decision.

If they need the weekend, for whatever reason, it is fine by me. They have given a lot of their time.

This is a young jury with 8 women, I believe. I imagine a few of them have children. Friday is a big day for basketball tournies and dance recitals and any number of things that a parent does not want to miss. They have had Fridays off all along, so why change that now?

They were also told they can make their own schedule. (during court hours).

I say let them, for once, they are not at the mercy of the court. They can take their time if needed.

Hey! I used to live in Kingwood! Beautiful neighborhood.. I live in Katy now! :seeya:
Oh. ..Katy is really nice. I usually just stay in my Kingwood bubble[emoji3] ..I hate the traffic. I am originally from Midland Texas. But..your right Kingwood is nice.."the liveable forest!"

I realize there's no way to know and perhaps nothing at all should be read into it, but when it was reported that 10 left for a break, I wonder if it's possible the 2 left behind were the foreman and perhaps a juror on the fence? Maybe the foreman had a heart to heart with the one on the fence??

I'm pretty sure none of the jurors can talk about the case outside of the jury room, but don't all 12 jurors have to be present and accounted for in the jury room for there to be ANY discussion on the case? Are there are lawyers here would would know? ;) "TIA" in advance, AZL :)

Yes and they don't know all that we know. I am sure they are being thorough.

Juror #3 said a while back that she was confident they would come to a unanimous decision. She said this jury was smart and they'd really bonded with each other. The other day she said the same thing. She's sticking to it, no hung jury.

I think that they came in with the food and decided to work through delibs shows us #3 was right. You've gotta feel pretty good about each other to want to bring food for each other.

I feel pretty confident they will be unanimous and I think it will be death.

We all talk about how easy it should be to give someone who deserves it death. But is it? Could you do it and be able live with yourself the rest of your life? And go to bed every night knowing you held someone's life in your hands and chose to end it? It is a very heavy burden. I wonder if I could even do it sometimes, even to Jodi. But they'll get there.

Nah...llamas are too cute!

I refuse to let the killer ruin anything for me.

I will have Tootsie Pops whenver I want to. And Cinnabons. And Starbucks Frappes.

Hmm, maybe they just wanted to spit on something...

"However, llamas that are bottle-fed or over-socialized and over-handled as youth will become extremely difficult to handle when mature, when they will begin to treat humans as they treat each other, which is characterized by bouts of spitting, kicking and neck wrestling."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llama

Hatfield, did you notice the important word "type"? There have been many comments along the lines of no big deal to give Arias the DP. I'm not going to do the homework for you, you can read back and find comments of this "type" all along the way.

I must have missed them and if they were there, I agree its going a little too far.

I do think JA deserves the DP but I will gladly let the courts do it.

Post from Paul Sanders on Facebook:

"VERDICT WATCH: Day 1.5. Update #1

Juror questions asked through JSS with JM, Willmott and Kirk Nurmi on speakerphone in court.

Attorneys asked to be here in fifteen minutes.

Addressed questions

1) Jury wants the redacted Exhibit List. I believe attorneys will review before submitting to jury.

2) Jurors asking if they may forego lunch to deliberate. This explains Crock Pot brought in by a Juror this AM.

3) Juror asking if they may look at and rewrite notes outside deliberation room or during breaks. I know from experience that this would be denied. Notes cannot leave the courthouse.

4) Remaining question of replacement juror not answered. Juror deliberations probably halted until this question answered. They just left for lunch...which coincides with that thought.

Arias and Juan Martinez are here.

JM in Charcoal Black Suit.

Arias wearing horizontally gray striped "Unsentenced" convict apparel.

J*4*T*!

BBM

Details Paul, details, they brought a crockpot and covered dish/cake/something else and asked if they could work through lunch.

Another noteworthy detail, they worked through lunch with only two dishes between all 12, I think this shows determination of the task at hand. The waiting is tense and difficult for all but I'm not sure too many of us here mind one last AZ-length weekend to discuss the nuts and bolts of this case and all the details on our minds before the final verdict is in.

RROOO4, I've been trying to answer your post by hitting "quote with reply" but for some reason it's won't let me :/ I think it was yesterday, but I'm not positive.

Hmm, maybe they just wanted to spit on something...

"However, llamas that are bottle-fed or over-socialized and over-handled as youth will become extremely difficult to handle when mature, when they will begin to treat humans as they treat each other, which is characterized by bouts of spitting, kicking and neck wrestling."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llama

Maybe. I know people who raise them and they just love them!

Even my local news had the llama escape on this evening, and I'm in the upper midwest, far removed from AZ. The aerial shot of those llamas on the run was hysterical!

I'm pretty sure none of the jurors can talk about the case outside of the jury room, but don't all 12 jurors have to be present and accounted for in the jury room for there to be ANY discussion on the case? Are there are lawyers here would would know? ;) "TIA" in advance, AZL :)

This same question was brought up before and I saw the answer. I am not sure who answered it though but I recall the answer.

Answer was YES that no discussion about the trial should take place unless all 12 are together. I think it means they could separate and talk separately, but just not about the trial.

Post from Paul Sanders on Facebook:

"VERDICT WATCH: Day 1.5. Update #1

Juror questions asked through JSS with JM, Willmott and Kirk Nurmi on speakerphone in court.

Attorneys asked to be here in fifteen minutes.

Addressed questions

1) Jury wants the redacted Exhibit List. I believe attorneys will review before submitting to jury.

2) Jurors asking if they may forego lunch to deliberate. This explains Crock Pot brought in by a Juror this AM.

3) Juror asking if they may look at and rewrite notes outside deliberation room or during breaks. I know from experience that this would be denied. Notes cannot leave the courthouse.

4) Remaining question of replacement juror not answered. Juror deliberations probably halted until this question answered. They just left for lunch...which coincides with that thought.

Arias and Juan Martinez are here.

JM in Charcoal Black Suit.

Arias wearing horizontally gray striped "Unsentenced" convict apparel.

J*4*T*!

BBM: This really got to me. Iconic image.

Their last break could have been a sign of a 10-2 vote. 10 went to break together and 2 stayed behind. If memory serves correctly there are only three smokers on jury. Another long weekend for the Alexander's. God give them strength. The waiting is so stressful, I've been there.

Wendi Adriano
After one day, the jury went home for a three-day weekend that some called full of soul searching.
When they reconvened, Catalano gave a pivotal speech outlining his reasons for supporting a death sentence, and the vote swung to 11-1 in favor of execution, Fobes said.

---
We need a Catalano on this jury.
https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis/posts/467493973326750

Source: http://www.nlada.org/DMS/Documents/1106668066.47/0124deathjurors24.html

Wow excellent read especially 2nd link (full story)

Thank you for posting this, tells what a death jury goes through and how they came to the verdict.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

------------------------
Hi RR0004, they wore them at beginning of trial in 2013. Of course nurmo said they would bias the jury or some stupid thing! They had to stop.
Oh I want to see her "sit" on that needle.. :loveyou:

OH! I thought they came in wearing them in the last few days. Anyway, I still have a whole lot of respect for them :)

They were also told they can make their own schedule. (during court hours).

I say let them, for once, they are not at the mercy of the court. They can take their time if needed.

Love this post. Thanks for the perspective, ElleElle. Only the jurors know what's going on with their process. We've suffered through ridiculous witnesses and hearings and nonsense for this long, we can handle jurors taking whatever time they need.

:grouphug:

I'm just glad the llamas are okay. Whew what a day.

okay folks, we are not going to bash the jury. They have a job to do. Five months for this case to get to this point. They are doing what they are suppose to do, not what everyone else thinks they should do.

Ever stop to think they might all agree but feel they need to justify their decision so they all feel better about their verdict. Nurmi did a job on them. They deserve to say we as a united group feel this is a just verdict for what she has done and what she continues to do today. No remorse is a big issue. It stands out like a sore thumb. She clearly can not hide the fact that she is not remorseful right down to the very last word that her attorney spoke to save her life while still trying to destroy travis' reputation. She can't help herself.

Let's give this jury the room they need to finish their job.

thank you!!!

I could make it too. I'm just saying it would really be difficult to do and weigh very heavily on me. I think anyone would have doubts. But every time I think of that pedophile lie...she deserves it.

You know I agree about that. For me it would also be easier knowing that the odds are very much in her favor that she'll never be executed.

Life or death? Many many years ago I was called out of the blue by a friend I had been very close to in college. She called to ask me a huge "favor." She had recently married an Iranian. Her husband's brother was still in Iran. The Iraq-Iran war was in full swing, and that brother had been conscripted to go fight in the thick of the worst of it. Her husband was sure his brother would be killed in battle. The favor she asked was for me to save his life by agreeing to marry him. The brothers came from a very wealthy family, and Iran back then was very much a place where money could make many things happen. The plan was for the brother to be smuggled out of the country, in all manner of very dramatic steps. Once safely in Paris, he would need to have a marriage prearranged in order to be allowed into the US.

My first and second response was- of course, I would do anything I could to help save someone's life, even if meant significant legal jeopardy for myself. My third response was.....um....wait a minute. You say the plan is he makes it to Paris ALIVE and then flies to the US, and then I marry him? Um. That's not saving a life, that's just making it more convenient for a very alive wealthy man with many options to come live in the US.

Properly viewed, the decision was not difficult. Neither is the decision facing this jury, IMO, in part because it really isn't a decision about life or death, no matter what Nurmi said to guilt the jury. Their decision is whether or not she deserves mercy. After they see what there is to see and weigh what is there, I think it's a fairly straight forward decision.

I think it's awesome they did that. They've really bonded.

I thought that was pretty awesome too. Eating together.. Talking it over. Like a Family! I still wish they were coming in Tomorrow. For The Alexanders. Don't care about Arias. Let her squirm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem