VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she thought about his death. I think she thought about ending her own angst. His death was a means to an end for her IMO. I don't think she cares one way or another.

Her journal entry after the murder, after returning to Yreka says it all:

"Utah was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!"

She cares. I think she absolutely relished seeing him powerless and in pain, dying as SHE killed him, screaming her hate of him all the while. I think she shot him last out of sheer hatred, even knowing he was already dead. And I think it entirely possible she would have mutilated him still further if she hadn't run out of time. Seven years later and her hatred of him is still so intense that her need to express it trumps anything and everything else, including avoiding the DP.

There are people that have sympathy for those that "know" they are going to die before they are put down humanely. Look at Troy Haden. I don't understand that thinking. Don't really care if the IV isn't inserted into the vein properly causing some discomfot. People know from a very young age what exactly a consequence is, so I just don't understand the bleeding hearts. I am just speaking of those people.

Who has sympathy for her?

I'm in Allen... just north of Dallas.

Native Texan here from San Antonio, who now (sigh) lives just north of the Red River in southern Oklahoma. Although it's a great place, I still must contend with OU fans. That isn't easy for a die-hard Longhorns fan!!!

I've been a little busy but yesterday I kept checking for updates on my phone. I'm glad they went past the first full day of deliberations. No matter their outcome, I am glad they're taking the time and hopefully going over the flood of information and smut they've been getting since last year. If they were to have come back with a resounding "DP" this fast I'd be worried about future appeals based on one juror thinking no one was willing to go over everything and the rest of them bullied him/her. If they'd come back quickly with a "LWOP" I'd worry that they didn't eliminate the static and view the whole story I want them to take their time. I want them to talk it through. This is some pretty serious poop, I want them to be sure of whatever decision they reach.

I'd like to see the DP but have a feeling it won't happen. I think the only effective thing Mr Nurmi did was repeat "will you, would you kill this girl". That's pretty hard to get past for a jury.

I'm disgusted by all the posts insulting the jury, especially for them deciding not to deliberate today. If you go back several hundred posts where they post their deliberation schedule, it was tweeted that they won't deliberate today, as well as no deliberations for the next TWO FRIDAYS. Not hard to figure out why, it's obviously due to work schedules (which for people who don't work Mon-Fri jobs). Most employers post 2 weeks of schedules at a time. And chances are (and I think they deserve the optimism) since they've never worked Friday's, that they probably had NO CLUE that Friday's were even an option for them until they saw the schedule papers they could fill out once they started deliberating. But too late now, they're already scheduled at their jobs. If anyone actually believes the jury just said "nah, I'm used to 3 day weekends, I ain't working tomorrow" then that's just unbelievably sad. The jury has done nothing to be judged over.

Because she has to be perfect and blame free? Does she ever accept responsibility? I don't know, I'm curious where and when she picked up such lying? People in her past, have they experienced her as being such a liar?

My sister lies like that, but somewhere in that lie is a very small amount of truth. My sister has lied from childhood. I personally believe that some is mental and the other is learned. Love my sis, but I don't like her.

Which ever way this verdict goes, I truly hope that the Alexander family can move on and find some peace and joy again. That this evil that came into their lives can be left behind and that they can begin to heal and rebuild their lives. This to me would be the real victory and one I think their brother Travis would want for them.

I don't know if we ever truly heal. My counselor said we learn to live with a new "normal", but we never really move on. But at least once the killer is sentenced, hopefully the scab that forms over their wound won't be ripped off each day.

That is so strange to me. I am the worlds WORST liar. It makes me so uncomfortable to even prank someone because I cannot pull off even a joke lie!

My sister lies like that, but somewhere in that lie is a very small amount of truth. My sister has lied from childhood. I personally believe that some is mental and the other is learned. Love my sis, but I don't like her.

Her journal entry after the murder, after returning to Yreka says it all:

"Utah was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!"

She cares. I think she absolutely relished seeing him powerless and in pain, dying as SHE killed him, screaming her hate of him all the while. I think she shot him last out of sheer hatred, even knowing he was already dead. And I think it entirely possible she would have mutilated him still further if she hadn't run out of time. Seven years later and her hatred of him is still so intense that her need to express it trumps anything and everything else, including avoiding the DP.

I honestly think it got a lot uglier than she had planned. He was in all likelyhood getting away from her, from his attacker and she couldnt have that..This is why she slashed his throat (Sorry so graphic) But somehow after all she had done to him, he still had the will to live, he was trying to get out of that room away from her..she continued to attack him ..in her mind he could not live, he could not get out of that room. She is PURE EVIL. NO sympathy for her from me what so ever.

I don't think she thought about his death. I think she thought about ending her own angst. His death was a means to an end for her IMO. I don't think she cares one way or another.

I agree. She's sorry that she got caught. I have no doubt she would kill again. She should never be freed.

I think we should have a Texas get together BBQ. We could do it on her DP day and inject a pork shoulder like they would inject the felon ;)

It hasn't been discussed much but have any of you given thought to the juror inquiry about reading notes "silently or individually" during breaks? This question has my curiosity peaked, and I wonder what this could indicate. Any thoughts?

I think it indicates that they want to understand and follow all the rules of deliberation. They've seen a few jurors kicked off and probably don't have any more a clue why than we do. All the more reason to clarify.

I agree. She's sorry that she got caught. I have no doubt she would kill again. She should never be freed.

I still wonder to this day who the gun she had on her when she was arrested was going to be used on...MIMI? She obviously was not finished with killing. SCARY for sure

The judge clearly offered to them they could deliberate today. They declined. I think someone felt strongly the only way cooler heads would prevail, much like when you send two kids to opposite rooms to cool down, or a husband and wife reconcile after a break......sometimes a break from arguing does help put things in perspective. The judge did offer for Friday, as she is indeed there all day today, handling other matters but they declined. I am certain. I just think rather than give in, they took a break. I am rooting for them. Certainly.

The tweets were confusing about Friday deliberation. I understood it the other way around, actually. That the jury may have decided at the last minute they wanted to deliberate Friday but that it was too late to make arrangements for them to do so.

Even if that was not so, I'm not sure the jury felt a need for a cooling down time, especially since they were observing leaving in very good humor. It's just as likely someone couldn't make it on Friday, or that they've decided but want the weekend to be sure of their decision.

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

It's going to be a long, very long weekend !

I have never wanted a Monday to come so fast as I do this upcoming Monday !

:cheers:

Because she has to be perfect and blame free? Does she ever accept responsibility? I don't know, I'm curious where and when she picked up such lying? People in her past, have they experienced her as being such a liar?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, No. My sister lies all the time, whenever she opens her mouth, since childhood. I personally believe that it is part mental and learned. My sister even believes her lies (somewhere in all that lying mess there is a small truth). I love my baby sister, but I don't like her. I keep myself away from her as much as I can. She can sap your energy in no time.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, No. My sister lies all the time, whenever she opens her mouth, since childhood. I personally believe that it is part mental and learned. My sister even believes her lies (somewhere in all that lying mess there is a small truth). I love my baby sister, but I don't like her. I keep myself away from her as much as I can. She can sap your energy in no time.

I have a relative who is just like that..and her father was a preacher, her brothers were nothing like that ..yet she is a compulsive liar..mental disorder? IDK but I stay away from her as well.

And i miss the midwest so badly. Did a 3 year stint in Chicago and I miss it every.single.day. I will be back one day.

[video=youtu;f18ga0i6r2A]http://youtu.be/f18ga0i6r2A?t=38s[/video]

Being retired military, I've lived in several different places. Besides Texas, the only place I miss is the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3