VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear God, I just received news that one of our employees' parents were murdered last night in Missouri. Please pray for her.
Oh no! Prayers and hugs for all. This just makes me so sad and angry.

Yes, I just spoke with my husband. We own a small business, and our employees are like family, so this is hitting too close to home. I don't have details yet and we're fixing to get hit with a winter storm, so we're closing the office. Just sick now.

Bznbear, sending thoughts and prayers out to you and all those affected. Stay safe :heartbeat:

Hey everyone, good morning :) I've been thinking about this jury, about switching with #2, and about reading notes. I wonder if maybe this jury asked if they could use #2's notes along with their own notes. Wasn't #2 the one who took a lot of notes? Or maybe one of the juror's did not take notes so they wanted to switch with #2.

I'm guessing from chats they had that they felt #2 had a good head on her shoulders and she was taking copious notes, so they figured she would be the foreperson to lead the rest of them in the end. As several have speculated, one of the 12 might have felt the best thing he/she could do for the whole process was to bow out and let #2 come in.

If you think of it that way, then all the weird rumors/comments from yesterday make a lot of sense all of a sudden.

I'm guessing from chats they had that they felt #2 had a good head on her shoulders and she was taking copious notes, so they figured she would be the foreperson to lead the rest of them in the end. As several have speculated, one of the 12 might have felt the best thing he/she could do for the whole process was to bow out and let #2 come in.

If you think of it that way, then all the weird rumors/comments from yesterday make a lot of sense all of a sudden.

I agree that this is most likely what occurred and they were just asking the question to the judge if that is even possible. She most likely promptly said "No", and that was the end of that idea. No harm/No foul

Just an honest question from them.

GOSSIP ALERT AND MY THOUGHTS AND QUESTIONS!

I read on Facebook this morning (either Support for Juan page or Travis justice page) that last evening Angela had posted that there would be announcement Monday whether JA receives life or death. Then she made her facebook private.

Brain cells activated as I thought of all the hoopla last evening that made many of us this a verdict was going to be announced. We heard that the Alexander family, Wilma, Maria and Juan were there. Wilma and Maria brought clothes for the UNUSUAL PERSON (Lambie won't let me call her what I think).

Conspicuously absent was Nurmi. I am wondering if he was out of the city or otherwise busy and they COULD NOT announce the verdict without him being there?

Perhaps AZLAWYER could answer that question for us, or someone else who knows the law?

Could this also be the reason the jury was light hearted and all together when they were leaving? Had the weight of it all finally been lifted?

I'm not at the office today. Two of my dogs got in a horrible fight, and I received a couple of bad bites on my leg trying to break it up. So I'm in bed on antibiotics. My husband couldn't talk to me, as he had folks in his office so I know next to nothing yet. Thanks to all for your prayers. The employee is a very young single mom.

I read on Facebook this morning (either Support for Juan page or Travis justice page) that last evening Angela had posted that they would be announcement Monday whether JA receives life or death. Then she made her facebook private.

Brain cells activated as I thought of all the hoopla last evening that made many of us this a verdict was going to be announced. We heard that the Alexander family, Wilma, Maria and Juan were there. Wilma and Maria brought clothes for the UNUSUAL PERSON (Lambie won't let me call her what I think).

Conspicuously absent was Nurmi. I am wondering if he was out of the city or otherwise busy and they COULD NOT announce the verdict without him being there?

Perhaps AZLAWYER could answer that question for us, or someone else who knows the law?

Wow, well that is interesting possibility ICit. I know gossip is what gossip is but honestly I thought something had to be going on verdict wise with all the activity yesterday...and wondered if there had, in fact, been some indication that a verdict was reached (or close to being reached) but for whatever reason it wasn't announced.

All of it seemed unusual, i.e., the bringing in clothes by JW, the A family going to the witness room (or trying to get in) toward the end of the day, the jurors staying past their chosen deliberation time, and being somewhat lighthearted when leaving (a sign of relief, release of tension), etc. Just makes one wonder if they have reached a decision but chose to take the weekend for reflection and certainty.

Ill have to be honest here..even if I didnt see any news about jodi, or didnt know who she was and I was picked as a juror, I would find myself reading news about her, sneaking to see who the hell she is and what she done and reading websluthes and following along..just saying, I would be a sneaky juror,,,no way in heck I could serve as a juror lol im just being honest lol

Hey at least you're honest! That's the best anyone can be. :)

It would be hard, no doubt about it, but I would follow the instructions I was given by the judge because that's what I would want were it my butt on the line. Golden Rule and all that. For the system to function as intended and be fair, I would uphold my oath if I were called upon to serve on a jury. But yes, it would be a hardship to not discuss, not look at anything related to the case.

I wonder, did any of them see the news about the first trial? did any of them see the interviews jodie gave? I mean, how could they miss any of it? I know that there are people who dont really follow crime, trials, the news, but heck, it was all over the media, every where was jodi..

now see, if I was a juror and they asked me did I see any news? I would have been yeah...sure did..I know something about it..and if they still picked me to be juror, well heck..what can I say?

Ill have to be honest here..even if I didnt see any news about jodi, or didnt know who she was and I was picked as a juror, I would find myself reading news about her, sneaking to see who the hell she is and what she done and reading websluthes and following along..just saying, I would be a sneaky juror,,,no way in heck I could serve as a juror lol im just being honest lol

I know they didnt hear everything, that the original trials had to offer, but I wonder...I mean come on, can we honestly say that none of them heard about jodi in the news? and if so, I wonder if they secretly are thinking about what they saw in the news, if they did see anything and are secretly using that info to come to a decision?

Hope I make sense...lol just thinking out loud..

I was thinking the same thing about myself. They know so little about the whole thing. It is the thing I hate about all justice systems. There is no such thing as the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

I read on Facebook this morning (either Support for Juan page or Travis justice page) that last evening Angela had posted that there would be announcement Monday whether JA receives life or death. Then she made her facebook private.

Could this also be the reason the jury was light hearted and all together when they were leaving? Had the weight of it all finally been lifted?

The sidebar has a screenshot before the page was closed..post 375

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I just read Paul Sanders (juror 13) comments from yesterday. He was a juror on the Marissa DeVault DP jury in Arizona. Interestingly, his jury began by asking if they could take lunch breaks inside juror room, bringing food, just as this jury did. They also asked for a list of exhibits because Arizona doesn't list them in detail and when they got their list, they had togo through every item to be sure they had it, very time consuming. They also asked if they could take notes home to rewrite them or study them during breaks and were told no also. AND, one juror asked if he could return to work and let an alternate replace him and was told no. So none of this surprises him. He also believes the jury will perform due diligence and go through the evidence because they may be sending someone to death row. He believes it will take several days. So do I.

I refuse to become feverishly involved in wanting to rush this jury or put them down because they aren't doing things our way. We are not in that jury room. I have never followed a case of anyone so vile and yet I couldn't be on a DP jury. Please have faith and be patient. They will get it right. Whether its death or LWOP, I do believe they will all come to a consensus because they are bonding and going through the evidence. Pray for them. And for the Alexander's.

I definitely agree with this scenario. I had also read on twitter about the sisters FB account and it crossed my mind that the court need to get its s*^# together for a verdict so they wouldn't end up with some sort of S#%* show like other notable court cases of late. Very good scenario.

I'm from Rotan, Texas where my dads folks were cattle ranchers and mothers folks are cotton farmers. Lived and practiced in Houston for 25 years and retired to the beaches near Corpus Christi.
Back in Houston this week and next for the World Championship BBQ Cook Off and Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo

We have a lot of Texans. From Galveston, Kingwood, Midland, Corpus, Dallas, Houston, the Woodlands, (i think Kensie is from NE TX? Will gave to ask her) and I grew up in Beaumont. Can't remember them all just now but I counted nine last night. : )

ETA: I love living in Indiana. But one thing I will say about Texans is we are a proud bunch and as Troy Hayden from Fox News Phoenix was saying on TV yesterday, you don't mess with Texas! Lol. He was discussing the sniper trial. Took two weeks and the guys on death row. You do the crime and you pay your time.

I wonder, did any of them see the news about the first trial? did any of them see the interviews jodie gave? I mean, how could they miss any of it? I know that there are people who dont really follow crime, trials, the news, but heck, it was all over the media, every where was jodi..

now see, if I was a juror and they asked me did I see any news? I would have been yeah...sure did..I know something about it..and if they still picked me to be juror, well heck..what can I say?

I know they didnt hear everything, that the original trials had to offer, but I wonder...I mean come on, can we honestly say that none of them heard about jodi in the news? and if so, I wonder if they secretly are thinking about what they saw in the news, if they did see anything and are secretly using that info to come to a decision?

Hope I make sense...lol just thinking out loud..

I can honestly tell you I have co workers who know nothing of Jodi Arias...they know nothing about a lot of things unless they see it on facebook or something like that . ALot of them never even watch the news and if they do they just believe whatever the talking heads on tv tell them. No investigating anything...sadly its true. I doubt any of them even realized how bad the recession was that we went through cause they didnt lose their jobs so it didnt happen if you know what I mean.
I like these people but unfortunately not everyone is like us..

This rumor sounds possible because there sure was a lot of activity at end of the day.

The only thing I am wondering about is would the court and judge really do this? Like if they pretty much had already told everyone to come back for the decision then why not just wait till everyone could be present?

Would the court be willing to risk everyone keeping quiet about it all weekend?
With that many people already getting the news of a verdict, would the court really try to tell them all to be quiet all weekend?

That is the only thing that makes me wonder it may not be true. I do hope it is true though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321