VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You could be right about a lot.

How do you think the pics ended up on his camera? Do you think she copied them from a camera memory card she had brought with her?

Especially that 1 pic I was referring to. I really think she looks to be younger than even back in 2008. I think she personally liked that pic and I think that one particularly was not taken at Travis house on that day. Maybe all of them

BBM

Travis' roommate had a Sony camera, which was oddly found in his BMW (according to entry in Travis' journal), I think she took the naked pics on his camera, took the memory card and left the camera in the car, and used that memory stick in Travis' new camera on the day she killed him. We know Spybot ran on his laptop at the same time the nudes were time stamped, both of these pieces of info gave me even more doubt that the nudes were taken the day she murdered him (although I have always doubted it lol).

I think just a plea the family may have agreed to considering he was claiming insanity? I really don't know. The jury didn't buy it for a second and I'd bet they would have put him to death if given the option. I do love the confidence in the jury voices when the judge asks them if their vote was unanimous and they all say "YES SIR". They wre 100% sure and probably only stayed back there two hours to say their goodbyes to each other.

I don't think any of Chris' family wanted this man spared from the death penalty.

They don't think he is insane either. They believe he was a malingerer and there was evidence to back that up.

There was evidence that he admitted faking PTSD to get military disability benefits. Plus even with his mental issues it was obvious that he knew right from wrong since he stated that he did and fled the scene in Chris' truck.

But I do think the DA felt it would be a waste of time and money to seek death since this man did have a recorded history of mental issues.

I knew the jury wasn't going to buy the insanity defense. He wasnt legally insane under criminal judicial standards and that is what they knew.

And neither is JA.

Yet will JAs jury be more gullible than the Texas jury? Knowing this man had a documented history about his issues and JA had none until after the murder?

IMO

Ya, I hear ya. It was just a guess. I didn't jeep up with that trial too much.

I don't think any of Chris' family wanted this man spared from the death penalty.

They don't think he is insane either. They believe he was a malingerer and there was evidence to back that up.

There was evidence that he admitted faking PTSD to get military disability benefits. Plus even with his mental issues it was obvious that he knew right from wrong since he stated that he did and fled the scene in Chris' truck.

But I do think the DA felt it would be a waste of time and money to seek death since this man did have a recorded history of mental issues.

I knew the jury wasn't going to buy the insanity defense. He wasnt legally insane under criminal judicial standards and that is what they knew.

And neither is JA.

Yet will JAs jury be more gullible than the Texas jury? Knowing this man had a documented history about his issues and JA had none until after the murder?

IMO

Interesting! BBM very interesting!

I've been reading with interest the posts about her changing time/date/EXIF in photos, but I have not completely jumped aboard that train of thought.

Until yesterday. I watched the Fox 10 raw video of Troy Hayden's post-M1-verdict interview with her. (Let me just pause to say hooray for editing that 43 minutes down to ~10) Somewhere in there (and I think most of it is in the edited version of this tape that I've seen) she starts going on and on about how she has photos on her hard drive that will prove that she was with her sister on the CA/OR border when the burglary at her grandparents' house took place. Then she starts rambling about how she has all of these photos that prove all kinds of stuff for her, but her attorneys refused to bring it in.

Daisy very sorry to hear about your kitty.

Do you have a link to this, I haven't seen it yet. TIA

TruthD...

Thought more about your perspective on what there is to deliberate and how long it "should" take. Here's the speediest thoughtful deliberation scenario I can imagine (it assumes a verdict of DP, because that's what I think they'll vote):

How many hours would all that take?

My best guess is through early morning on Monday, verdict before lunchtime.

Respectfully Snipped and BBM:

:) Well let's hope we do not see a juror coming in with a crockpot Monday morning !

:cheers:

Even if there was still the electric chair, only 36 death row inmates have been executed since 1976, when the DP was reinstated in AZ (link provided in my earlier post from yesterday). The chances of any death row inmate newly convicted in 2015 getting the ultimate punishment of death before they die of something else, is slim, so the fear of being executed by the state is probably one of symbolism more than reality. It's more like being warehoused, I suppose. Every day same thing.

Revenge and retaliation is a whole nother matter, not something that is supposed to be a part of the justice system and certainly not part of the Constitution. Wanting someone to sufferrrrrrrrr mentally and physically because of a crime committed is certainly understandable, but is not what the system is about. No one can force another person to think about their crime, feel a certain way, or even care. All that can be done and must be done is protect free society from that killer to the standards set by the state.

Amen to that one! Enjoy away!

BBM

Travis' roommate had a Sony camera, which was oddly found in his BMW (according to entry in Travis' journal), I think she took the naked pics on his camera, took the memory card and left the camera in the car, and used that memory stick in Travis' new camera on the day she killed him. We know Spybot ran on his laptop at the same time the nudes were time stamped, both of these pieces of info gave me even more doubt that the nudes were taken the day she murdered him (although I have always doubted it lol).

Re BBM
Interesting about the date/time stamp

I got so lost during the first trial about those time stamps and am still lost. But one thing I seem to remember is a few of the date/time stamps looked "odd" to me. Almost like some other software had updated the time stamps and not the camera.

It makes sense if Spybot had done the udpating of the time stamps as it was maybe deleting the photos over to trash folders. Or maybe Jodi manipulated the time stamps and that is what made them look strange.

I just recall they looked "funny" and did not look like normal time stamps a camera would make on a photo.

GOSSIP ALERT AND MY THOUGHTS AND QUESTIONS!

I read on Facebook this morning (either Support for Juan page or Travis justice page) that last evening Angela had posted that there would be announcement Monday whether JA receives life or death. Then she made her facebook private.

Brain cells activated as I thought of all the hoopla last evening that made many of us this a verdict was going to be announced. We heard that the Alexander family, Wilma, Maria and Juan were there. Wilma and Maria brought clothes for the UNUSUAL PERSON (Lambie won't let me call her what I think).

Conspicuously absent was Nurmi. I am wondering if he was out of the city or otherwise busy and they COULD NOT announce the verdict without him being there?

Perhaps AZLAWYER could answer that question for us, or someone else who knows the law?

Could this also be the reason the jury was light hearted and all together when they were leaving? Had the weight of it all finally been lifted?

Sorry, but I don't believe it., especially since I don't believe Angela knows something that nobody else knows. Putting the pieces together, I think that JM wanted Diane (juror 6 from last trial) to meet the Alexanders so she could give them support, and chose the witness room for them to get together. IIRC the Alexanders tried to get in the room but the door was locked. Eventually JM, Diane, and the Alexanders did meet in the room. That's why JM was around, and why the Alexanders went up to the 5th floor.

Maria and Wilmott visited with JA for awhile earlier on and brought her clothes just in case, but left after awhile and were not on the 5th floor at the same time as JM and the Alexanders. Nurmi wasn't there because he didn't want to be around JA and vice versa. If the jury had reached a verdict and passed it along, there is NOTHING that would have kept Nurmi from racing over.

And, the jurors didn't rush out the door after finishing for the day because they were chit chatting and trying to find a door out that would allow them to dodge the media. JMO.

Re BBM

I got so lost during the first trial about those time stamps and am still lost. But one thing I seem to remember is a few of the date/time stamps looked "odd" to me. Almost like some other software had updated the time stamps and not the camera.

It makes sense if Spybot had done the udpating of the time stamps as it was maybe deleting the photos over to trash folders. Or maybe Jodi manipulated the time stamps and that is what made them look strange.

I just recall they looked "funny" and did not look like normal time stamps a camera would make on a photo.

Juan debunked that though.
IMO I'll believe Flores and Melendez and Juan Martinez any day over that goof Neumeister

Re BBM

What I recall is Jodi telling Flores in the interview that the time stamps could be changed. The times did look different. The sex photos were all thumbnails. She is a liar, in my opinion, but she is also one who enjoys giving the bits of information that would allow the the person she is telling the lie to figure it out. If only tthey were as smart as she believes she is. This makes the lie a much bigger victory to her.

What I recall is Jodi telling Flores in the interview that the time stamps could be changed. The times did look different. The sex photos were all thumbnails. She is a liar, in my opinion, but she is also one who enjoys giving the bits of information that would allow the the person she is telling the lie to figure it out. If only tthey were as smart as she believes she is. This makes the lie a much bigger victory to her.

Lol and once she knew they had recovered the time stamps she changed to the ninja story

I recall her saying that too in the interview with LE and I immediately raised my eyebrows. I also agree some of those time stamps looked very odd for photos. The "font" of them was off to me. Glad you thought so as well.

Its just something I remember that has stood out since last trial.

The way she gives "bits of truth" in her lies is amazing. When she tells the Ninja story, its like you have to have a checklist and only mark which really happened. But you also have to change players from Ninja to her and other replacements in her story. LOL

It is hard to imagine that directly after the VIS Jodi Arias demanded and GOT a closed courtroom that very day for her secret testimony. I had forgotten that it was the same day!!! http://tamaratattles.com/2014/10/30...-impact-statements-then-all-hell-broke-loose/

Here is another summary of Tanisha's words to the jury https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis/posts/730466650362813

"Tanisha is crying and kind of shouting...
"I have to relive this OVER and OVER again."
Pictures of Travis are on the screen along with his grandmother and dog.
"Our minds are ruined with seeing Travis' body slumped over in the shower and his throat slit from ear to ear".
Some jurors are crying. One male juror has his head down.
"Our lives will just never be the same. When I think of my brother I don't want to see him stabbed, bleeding, shot to the head. I just want to see my brother. But I can't."

God bless the Alexander family. Only God and time can help them now.

JA is meticulous in her attempts to rob the Alexanders of their chance to grieve or to create sympathy for themselves or Travis Alexander. I absolutely believe she instructed Kirk and JW from the get go that her close- the- court show be timed to follow immediately after the VIS's. Immediately after those powerfully moving VIS's, the focus everywhere was exactly what JA most wanted to stamp out. By the end of the day all anyone was talking about was what the heck happened and drama drama drama. Mission accomplished.

Have I mentioned before that I think she is evil incarnate and deserves the DP? :D

Why would Jodi manipulate the time stamps to the day of the murder?

Paul Sanders, former juror explains it took his jury 15 days! #TravisAlexander
"Our search for justice for Dale Harrell changed my life in the most unexpected of ways as it will forever change some of the individuals on the Arias jury. I have faith in a system that has survived over two hundred years. Millions of jurors have sat in these jury boxes and each has searched their souls from the smallest of trials to the behemoths such as Arias and DeVault.
It took our jury fifteen days, within a period of five weeks, to find a decision for life or death in DeVault. Ultimately, in our responsibility for the life of the defendant as well as the life of the victim, we put our hands on every single piece of evidence that had been admitted for our observation. Although it took time, we did not want to risk second guessing our decision the rest of our lives." Paul Sanders @The13thJurorMD

Here is his entire , brilliant blog https://www.facebook.com/JuanMartinezProsecutorSupportPage/posts/357599704433612

Also, he was interviewed on Tricia ( Co- Owner of Websleuths ) True Crime Radio about this http://t.co/BeWmnZft1O

Here is Carol Gossling; a Jodi Arias alternate, who would have voted death. http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/28/jodi-arias-murder-trial-jury-speaks-out-death

You could be right about a lot.

How do you think the pics ended up on his camera? Do you think she copied them from a camera memory card she had brought with her?

Especially that 1 pic I was referring to. I really think she looks to be younger than even back in 2008. I think she personally liked that pic and I think that one particularly was not taken at Travis house on that day. Maybe all of them

I think we disagree about when the photos were taken. What I was trying to explain is that I believe the photos we've seen were taken on June 4, with his camera. As I said, I think her plan was to move those photos from his camera to hers. She couldn't take his whole card because he had other photos on it, photos his friends might know about and want to have and cherish because they were the last photos he took. And, having so much less time than she anticipated, I think planting evidence of sex wasn't as vital to her as trying to dispose of any trace she was there and getting the heck out of there before a roommate came home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader