VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is 1 pic that I keep wondering if it was from a much earlier time. I know she purposely would do her hair in braided pony tail to try to make herself look young. I think she even did that with Bobby so we know it was her idea and not Travis idea originally.

The pic is the 1 where she has pony tails and she is naked and by herself in the pic. It was found with the other pics on the camera in washing machine. To me, it just seems like that pic was from a much earlier time in her life, but I could be wrong of course.

There was talk of flash drives and such and I have always wondered if she copied certain pics on his camera. Then I think she tried to delete all of them and wash the camera.

The washing of the camera I will still never understand why she left it in machine. I still think either she forgot it, or someone was coming home and she had to rush out the doggy door or back door and had to leave it.

Up until the time I completed a timeline for what she was doing and saying March- May 2008 , I thought her plan was to use his camera so he wouldn't worry about her having incriminating photos, and that she planned all along to delete the photos and throw the camera in the wash- to delete evidence, because she was stupid enough to believe the camera would be destroyed, and because she thought stealing the camera would point the finger at her.

Now I think that from April 7 on (the day Travis threatened to expose her) she was planning how to destroy him. Her weapon of choice was documenting and manufacturing evidence of sexual activity. If and when the evidence was revealed by her, she knew it would ruin his chances of marrying the kind of Mormon woman he sought, AND she thought that Travis would be severely punished by the church, or even excommunicated.

So, the extremely raunchy May 2 "text" she wrote and sent to herself, and so the May 10th sex tape where she coached him into admitting he had engaged in many different kinds of sex on multiple occasions, and that he didn't sound the slightest bit repentant about any of it. Evidence.

I don't know if she decided to murder him before May 26, but if not, she did then, AND I think she wanted to murder him 2 ways from that point on if not earlier. Killing him would silence him and she could move on, but I truly believe that even back then, murdering him physically was not revenge enough for her. She wanted to do to him what he had threatened to do to her- "expose" him to everyone who cared about him. There was only the sex to expose, nothing else, so until 2010, that's all she exploited.

June 4. I think she used every means of persuasion and guile to get him to have sex because she WANTED THE PHOTOS. She's said that they took many other photos and videos but they were erased. Bull manure. There were none. I have absolutely no doubt about it. She would never have deleted naked photos of Travis on her own camera. There were none, which is why she was so intent upon taking them that day. More evidence. For after the murder.

I think she planned on taking the photos on his camera, then transferring them to her own camera after she killed him, changing the date and time stamps on them, and leaving them in plain sight at Travis' house where they would be found with his body. But, for whatever reason or reasons, her time frame for killing him, staging a scene, and planting the photos and whatever else was delayed by hours, and she was forced to scramble after she murdered him, leaving her only enough time to delete photos and hastily throw the camera in the wash.

Her intention to ruin him was still intact, though, as evidenced by what she did after the murder that didn't come up at either trial, IIRC. Immediately after his body was discovered (or before, don't remember), she told Taylor Searle that she and Travis had sex, often and the full thing, and she told her Bishop the same thing. She told Flores. She wrote about it in her journal and then told LE to go look at her journals.

In that context, the sex and what happened to the camera make perfect sense to me.

He got life in prison. I am not sure why death was off the table? Insanity plea?

We have a lot of Texans. From Galveston, Kingwood, Midland, Corpus, Dallas, Houston, the Woodlands, (i think Kensie is from NE TX? Will gave to ask her) and I grew up in Beaumont. Can't remember them all just now but I counted nine last night. : )

ETA: I love living in Indiana. But one thing I will say about Texans is we are a proud bunch and as Troy Hayden from Fox News Phoenix was saying on TV yesterday, you don't mess with Texas! Lol. He was discussing the sniper trial. Took two weeks and the guys on death row. You do the crime and you pay your time.

I'm not at the office today. Two of my dogs got in a horrible fight, and I received a couple of bad bites on my leg trying to break it up. So I'm in bed on antibiotics. My husband couldn't talk to me, as he had folks in his office so I know next to nothing yet. Thanks to all for your prayers. The employee is a very young single mom.

prayers for all of you!

Cathy of Court Chatter posted some of Travis Alexander's room mate, Enrique Cortez wrote about how terrified they all were. After the murder

"Lisa and Elena slept in the master bedroom together. I slept outside the master in the family room with another guy named Josh Craig. This was also where you have the patio door. Kody slept alone in the living room at the front of the house with the loaded gun. I have to admit I was a little nervous when I went to bed that night, but it was better than staying alone without protection."

http://linkis.com/www.courtchatter.com/G74uu

This is something that did not come out at the trial.....

" We ran into Mimi Hall, who was traveling with her parents. While the 3 of us spent a few minutes together at the grave, she had told us that before the murder, she got a harassing phone call. The only thing I remember Mimi saying about it was something along the lines of, “I know what you’re doing; you better stop it.” Lisa got a letter, Mimi got a phone call" Enrique Cortez said.

Knowing now that Jodi Arias had bought a Glock and was gun/knives were in her car the day she was arrested, the fears that she would kill again were spot on. WOW. I wish the jury could have heard about Mimi getting that phone call. It shows Jodi Arias WAS full of jealousy. STILL.

Mahalo Zoey. I find this very sad especially the phone call Mimi received. On the Travis Journal thread post #31, page 2, there is an entry which Hope4More posted with the breakdown.

Respectfully snipped.

5/15 Mimi tells Travis she just wants to be friends. Mentions to him when asked that she didn’t receive an email he sent her.

I'm curious if you know when Mimi received her phone call.

Just another piece of evilness displayed by the convicted murderer.

TruthD...

Thought more about your perspective on what there is to deliberate and how long it "should" take. Here's the speediest thoughtful deliberation scenario I can imagine (it assumes a verdict of DP, because that's what I think they'll vote):

1. They decompress and vent about mysteries, delays, finally being able to discuss the case.

2. They select a foreperson.

3. They review jury instructions, as requested, and inform the bailiff of their deliberating schedule.

4. They settle in and decide how they will go about deliberating.

5. They don't think it's necessary to go down the list one by one because most of them walked back thinking she deserved the DP.

6. They don't question the first jury's finding of especially cruel, because the autopsy photos tell them everything they need to know about that, and JM has just reminded them about the excruciating pain Travis Alexander experienced as he was being murdered.

7. Precisely because so many of them have already decided for death, they wonder why the first jury hung. All of the jurors agree that they are determined to reach a consensus, no matter how long it takes. They feel invested in every way, and they want to be the jury that gets it done. So they're good with being methodical and getting it right.

8. They realize they have forgotten most of what was said in week 1 about premeditation, and a lot of other things they think might be important.

9. They realize they never heard the full opposing stories about what actually happened on June 4. The DT is suggesting a story that suggests she snapped between sex and shower but they don't say what might have happened to make her snap. They're clearly suggesting that Travis triggered the "event." They're definitely saying (in closing) that Travis invited her to his house, so that also suggest that whatever premeditation there was must have been after she arrived. The State is saying she wasn't invited (in closing), that she killed him with a gun and a knife (in closing), and that they must accept the verdict of premeditated murder.

10. They find out once they begin deliberations that all guilt phase exhibits are available to them. It's a huge pile of material, and coupled with 12 sets of 5 months’ worth of notes, they decide they need to focus in on what the group finds most important to recheck, verify, or question. They ask for and review a list of exhibits and make an initial decision which if any of the exhibits they think they might need.

11. Discussion leads to the emergence of two questions they agree are pivotal:

?1: how far ahead of time did she premeditate the murder? They've been specifically instructed that premeditation has no specific time frame. The first jury found premeditation, but the same rule applied, so either the DT or the State's version of June 4 presented to them could theoretically be true. If they become convinced that she premeditated the murder while in California, then everything else the DT has presented as fact becomes at the very least, extremely suspect. (If even one juror wavers on that point, I think it's going to take them a long time to sift through the evidence to convince a holdout).

?2. Is she mentally ill, and if she is, does her mental illness explain why she killed him?

12. They spent hours- half a day, even, sorting out the question of premeditation, in part because unlike the first jury, the presentation of June 4 was exceedingly brief, and very incomplete, including the important question of what her defense said happened. Ultimately they agree the premeditation began in CA.

13. Next they discuss her mental illness. They quickly reject PTSD, because they don't believe Geffner and think it's irrelevant. PTSD can't explain why she would premeditate a murder 2 months after she left and 1,000 miles away. BPD? They all are sure she has BPD because they trust DeMarte and because both sides said she did. BPD. BPD...DeMarte has told them BPD explains a lot of her behavior BEFORE the murder. But...she also has told them BPD doesn't mean JA couldn't distinguish between right and wrong. She could. That means she chose to murder him and knew what she was choosing. There was no snapped of any kind.

14. Their final and most important question then, is whether or not her mental illness is mitigating. That is a completely subjective question, and one that requires 12 people providing and discussing their own opinions and beliefs, even if all 12 agree at the onset that her mental illness is not mitigating.

There is so much I can imagine they would want to talk about....did she ever accept responsibility for what she did? Did she show remorse? The pedo lie. Her letter to his family. Etc. A lot of that evidence and argument was extremely powerful and disturbing. Even though they'll all be able to talk about whatever they want to after the trial, I can easily imagine wanting to take their time to talk amongst themselves about how and why individual pieces of evidence affected them. Seems like human nature to me.

15. They take a vote after it seems they have reached a consensus. They are unanimously in favor of the DP. They spend a little while talking about how it feels to have reached a decision, and what they think will happen next.

16. They discuss and decide how to handle media requests, feeling out who wants to stay in touch afterwards, and exchanging contact info.

17. They take a deep breath as the foreperson fills out the verdict forms.

18. They notify the bailiff they have reached a verdict.

How many hours would all that take? My best guess is through early morning on Monday, verdict before lunchtime.

Monday sounds good. But I believe it will take several days. Which is fine by me. They will get it right.

He got life in prison. I am not sure why death was off the table? Insanity plea?
Wonder why it was reported he got death. Surely he was insane...unlike Jodi. She is just nuts. Narcicisstic and insanely jealous.

I'm from Rotan, Texas where my dads folks were cattle ranchers and mothers folks are cotton farmers. Lived and practiced in Houston for 25 years and retired to the beaches near Corpus Christi.
Back in Houston this week and next for the World Championship BBQ Cook Off and Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo

View attachment 70267

You just had to post that pic didn't you, TexMex? Now that is what I want more than anything I know of right now.

*I have a sister who lives in Chamberlain Forrest in Houston, and a brother in Spring, Texas. I love Texas!!

It is hard to imagine that directly after the VIS Jodi Arias demanded and GOT a closed courtroom that very day for her secret testimony. I had forgotten that it was the same day!!! http://tamaratattles.com/2014/10/30...-impact-statements-then-all-hell-broke-loose/

Here is another summary of Tanisha's words to the jury https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis/posts/730466650362813

"Tanisha is crying and kind of shouting...
"I have to relive this OVER and OVER again."
Pictures of Travis are on the screen along with his grandmother and dog.
"Our minds are ruined with seeing Travis' body slumped over in the shower and his throat slit from ear to ear".
Some jurors are crying. One male juror has his head down.
"Our lives will just never be the same. When I think of my brother I don't want to see him stabbed, bleeding, shot to the head. I just want to see my brother. But I can't."

God bless the Alexander family. Only God and time can help them now.

This rumor sounds possible because there sure was a lot of activity at end of the day.

The only thing I am wondering about is would the court and judge really do this? Like if they pretty much had already told everyone to come back for the decision then why not just wait till everyone could be present?

Would the court be willing to risk everyone keeping quiet about it all weekend?
With that many people already getting the news of a verdict, would the court really try to tell them all to be quiet all weekend?

That is the only thing that makes me wonder it may not be true. I do hope it is true though.

I seriously doubt that the court would have told everybody anything. As we have found in this case, there has been a serious LEAKING problem from the defense side by someone who wants to deliver the scoop before anyone else can.

We never got the one hour heads-up as promised by the court. I think everyone was there, waiting for Nurmi to arrive after finishing whatever was so important to him!

Looks like my smoked brisket!
Texas rules with Best. Barbecue. ever.

Southeast Texas, Corpus, Galveston, etc. Best. Seafood. Ever.

And since my husband's Cajun, I just have to say that Beaumont/Port Arthur has Best. Cajun. Cooks. Ever.

Oh man, a thousand miles is a long way to drive for dinner!!!!

I recall either in the Chrisman (JM's last trial) or the DeVault trial, that the judge had warned that if a verdict came in within an hour of the normal recess time that it would be read the next time court came back in session (whether it was before lunch of before before end of day) so I can see it as a possibility, esp. given the activity yesterday, that maybe JSS wanted to leave it for the next court day, even though it was over a long weekend. I haven't seen Angela's post yet but I'll go look on sidebar for it. Either way, I do think we'll have a verdict on Monday.

Up until the time I completed a timeline for what she was doing and saying March- May 2008 , I thought her plan was to use his camera so he wouldn't worry about her having incriminating photos, and that she planned all along to delete the photos and throw the camera in the wash- to delete evidence, because she was stupid enough to believe the camera would be destroyed, and because she thought stealing the camera would point the finger at her.

Now I think that from April 7 on (the day Travis threatened to expose her) she was planning how to destroy him. Her weapon of choice was documenting and manufacturing evidence of sexual activity. If and when the evidence was revealed by her, she knew it would ruin his chances of marrying the kind of Mormon woman he sought, AND she thought that Travis would be severely punished by the church, or even excommunicated.

So, the extremely raunchy May 2 "text" she wrote and sent to herself, and so the May 10th sex tape where she coached him into admitting he had engaged in many different kinds of sex on multiple occasions, and that he didn't sound the slightest bit repentant about any of it. Evidence.

I don't know if she decided to murder him before May 26, but if not, she did then, AND I think she wanted to murder him 2 ways from that point on if not earlier. Killing him would silence him and she could move on, but I truly believe that even back then, murdering him physically was not revenge enough for her. She wanted to do to him what he had threatened to do to her- "expose" him to everyone who cared about him. There was only the sex to expose, nothing else, so until 2010, that's all she exploited.

June 4. I think she used every means of persuasion and guile to get him to have sex because she WANTED THE PHOTOS. She's said that they took many other photos and videos but they were erased. Bull manure. There were none. I have absolutely no doubt about it. She would never have deleted naked photos of Travis on her own camera. There were none, which is why she was so intent upon taking them that day. More evidence. For after the murder.

I think she planned on taking the photos on his camera, then transferring them to her own camera after she killed him, changing the date and time stamps on them, and leaving them in plain sight at Travis' house where they would be found with his body. But, for whatever reason or reasons, her time frame for killing him, staging a scene, and planting the photos and whatever else was delayed by hours, and she was forced to scramble after she murdered him, leaving her only enough time to delete photos and hastily throw the camera in the wash.

Her intention to ruin him was still intact, though, as evidenced by what she did after the murder that didn't come up at either trial, IIRC. Immediately after his body was discovered (or before, don't remember), she told Taylor Searle that she and Travis had sex, often and the full thing, and she told her Bishop the same thing. She told Flores. She wrote about it in her journal and then told LE to go look at her journals.

In that context, the sex and what happened to the camera make perfect sense to me.

You could be right about a lot.

How do you think the pics ended up on his camera? Do you think she copied them from a camera memory card she had brought with her?

Especially that 1 pic I was referring to. I really think she looks to be younger than even back in 2008. I think she personally liked that pic and I think that one particularly was not taken at Travis house on that day. Maybe all of them

I think just a plea the family may have agreed to considering he was claiming insanity? I really don't know. The jury didn't buy it for a second and I'd bet they would have put him to death if given the option. I do love the confidence in the jury voices when the judge asks them if their vote was unanimous and they all say "YES SIR". They wre 100% sure and probably only stayed back there two hours to say their goodbyes to each other.

Wonder why it was reported he got death. Surely he was insane...unlike Jodi. She is just nuts. Narcicisstic and insanely jealous.

Not me! Why are his posts so hard to find? I wish he'd move from Facebook to a regular blog.
Hi daisy, he has a FB page but I don't do FB. You can find his blog for today on our Sidebar thread. Yes or No always posts the blog. I think it's the last page this morning. You can also go to google and type in "Juan Martinez Prosecutor Support Page". FB page will come up and it takes a minute ans droll down and Paul's daily blog is always there.

Just run across tote sidebar. It's there. :)

It is hard to imagine that directly after the VIS Jodi Arias demanded and GOT a closed courtroom that very day for her secret testimony. I had forgotten that it was the same day!!! http://tamaratattles.com/2014/10/30...-impact-statements-then-all-hell-broke-loose/

Here is another summary of Tanisha's words to the jury https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis/posts/730466650362813

God bless the Alexander family. Only God and time can help them now.

Respectfully, I doubt if Chris Hughes can speak for Travis. He and his wife were sure ready to believe the worst about him, thus crushing any thought of having them testify for the prosecution. Instead, they testified in absentia for the defense through those awful emails.

Interestingly enough, it's the Ottawa sun.....

It is interesting but I have found in the last couple of years outside of the country news agencies have far better articles than those printed in the US.

For instance: The Daily Mail seems to be light years ahead of our reporters now and they will quickly have an article up about cases from the US with many more details than most do here. Plus they seem to have many more photos available to them as well.

I expect TDM does have reporters who live in this country though and that is the reason why they always seem to be ahead of most everyone when a tragic case like this one breaks.

IMO

As to the braids picture, isn't it suspicious that in one of her text messages she mentions an earlier time when he photographed her with braids. She complained she wishes she had worn makeup..

Interesting! BBM very interesting!

I've been reading with interest the posts about her changing time/date/EXIF in photos, but I have not completely jumped aboard that train of thought.

Until yesterday. I watched the Fox 10 raw video of Troy Hayden's post-M1-verdict interview with her. (Let me just pause to say hooray for editing that 43 minutes down to ~10) Somewhere in there (and I think most of it is in the edited version of this tape that I've seen) she starts going on and on about how she has photos on her hard drive that will prove that she was with her sister on the CA/OR border when the burglary at her grandparents' house took place. Then she starts rambling about how she has all of these photos that prove all kinds of stuff for her, but her attorneys refused to bring it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321